GoPro

Baded

I watched an attendant at the zipline make someone remove a GoPro camera to use the zipline. The camera was on some type of chest rig and it caused a problem with the harness you have to wear. They seem pretty strict about having closed toe shoes, nothing in your pockets, nothing on your body that affect's the safety harness, or any other item that could come off/loose and fall to the Boardwalk area.

I was hoping for a GoPro from my family for Christmas. Didnt happen so I was sure it was coming for my birthday 4 days later....no dice. I'll have one before we sail in Nov.

Watched a video someone made using time lapse on their GoPro with it mounted to their balcony at each port departue. It was amazing.

The Sain,

My DH is making time lapse videos with his GoPro. You can see them

He was allowed to use it on the Norwegian Breakaway (but not inside the slide, only for the rope thing and "The Plank"). He also made several time lapse videos leaving ports like Venice, Amsterdam and more.

steamboats

The Sain,

He was allowed to use it on the Norwegian Breakaway (but not inside the slide, only for the rope thing and "The Plank"). He also made several time lapse videos leaving ports like Venice, Amsterdam and more.

steamboats

Great videos. We just bought a Go Pro. What settings did your DH use for taking the photos and what playback rate?

The Sain,

steamboats

Thanks for sharing

steamboats

That's a great idea to make timelapse vids, something I never thought to do.

Will have to try that on our next cruise in May. I will have the GoPro with me as I am planning some diving.

Would have been great in the Fjords but I didn't have it with me on that cruise.

Medicalley,

I do wear glasses and I had to put them down. Anyway the ride is only a few seconds and sometimes it´s good not to see everything down there on the Boardwalk :D:D!!

Nothing was allowed that could fall off (and down). You have to wear closed shoes (of course no flip flops or any kind of sandals, toes must be covered).

I remember we wanted to make a video too. No cameras. But that was "pre" GoPro. Anyway I doubt they will allow it to any passenger.

steamboats

In November on Oasis there were two fellow flow riders that set their Gopros up on the front row seat and filmed themselves. Looked pretty good to me. I found this video on line of the flow crew letting one being used on the flow rider. It looks like a wrist mounted one.

I got the Hero3 for a Christmas gift. One of the accessories was the wrist mount as well as the suction cup mounting package. I figure if they won't let me wear the wrist band then I will suction it to the glass wall beside the walk down path. Worst case, I will sit it on the front row in the bleachers. Some how I feel it will be safer not sitting on the front row.;) I also got the remote control. Just another reason to look forward to Oasis in March.

As for the zip line they take the safety of nothing falling on the people below on the boardwalk very seriously. For som, the flow ride is shorter than the zip line.

Edited by A&L_Ont

The Sain,

steamboats

Great videos steamboats. Just starting to figure out to use mine. We are going to Disney prior to our cruise so I will use it film some fireworks. We have a balcony room that faces the Magic Kingdom. We are their for 4 nights so their will be lots of opportunities.

In November on Oasis there were two fellow flow riders that set their Gopros up on the front row seat and filmed themselves. Looked pretty good to me. I found this video on line of the flow crew letting one being used on the flow rider. It looks like a wrist mounted one.

For som, the flow ride is shorter than the zip line.

That was me last week. First and quite possibly the last attempt at the stand up surfing. I must say the acupuncture in the spa was very effective at easing the pain from several wipeouts.:D

That was me last week. First and quite possibly the last attempt at the stand up surfing. I must say the acupuncture in the spa was very effective at easing the pain from several wipeouts.:D

I am really good at flow riding, best of the best quality, but that is a young man's game. I hurt my back badly almost a month prior to our November cruise. It was the type of pain with the crippling electric shocks up your back. You know, roll out of bed and can't sleep on one side at all type of pain.

Anyhow I still went flow riding as it was almost 100% better by the cruise embarkation. Stretching was key, as well as only an hour or two of riding a day. I skipped two days totally, and went to the spa for acupuncture and the hot stone massage. That helped a lot.

Glad to see you tried it though. It is a lot of fun, and more as you get better at it.