LEGEND of the SEAS - Please tell me all!!

We were on the Legend Members cruise on Nov. 25. It was a fantastic cruise. I can't say that we had any complaints. The crew, service and the food were all very good. The ship is in good condition. It was the smallest ship that we have been on but we thoroughly enjoyed it. There was an outbreak of "nor-virus", which we have encountered on other cruises also. I don't blame that on Royal Caribbean, it is more about the passengers that don't wash their hands and are inconsiderate about coughing:eek:.

ANOTHER WONDERFUL ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!!!:D

Edited by KDRCruisers

I just got off an 11day Southern Caribbean itinerary yesterday. I'm in the leisure travel industry and tend to be a bit hyper-critical. I found the vessel to be in excellent cosmetic condition. I've encountered 5 year old ships that did not display as well. Crew was generally upbeat. Food at least very good. Guest entertainers were enjoyable (did not attend any production shows). Cruise director Keith Williams was visible/approachable and provided a fine balance of keeping folks informed while not being brash and loud. Fellow cruisemates on this voyage were were more advanced in age and geographically diverse than other RCL cruises I've been on.

Only a couple minor negatives was the Windjammer closing at 9 and the size of the shower (all showers were replaced when refurbed last year). Really, that's it, dw and I really had a great time!

If you have My Time dining, there is an assistant waiter named Deyan (pronounced dee' on) from Serbia who will take excellent+++ care of you. He in the vicinity of table 213. (His brother Ivan runs one of the dinner reservation desks.)

I just got off an 11day Southern Caribbean itinerary yesterday. I'm in the leisure travel industry and tend to be a bit hyper-critical. I found the vessel to be in excellent cosmetic condition. I've encountered 5 year old ships that did not display as well. Crew was generally upbeat. Food at least very good. Guest entertainers were enjoyable (did not attend any production shows). Cruise director Keith Williams was visible/approachable and provided a fine balance of keeping folks informed while not being brash and loud. Fellow cruisemates on this voyage were were more advanced in age and geographically diverse than other RCL cruises I've been on.

Only a couple minor negatives was the Windjammer closing at 9 and the size of the shower (all showers were replaced when refurbed last year). Really' date=' that's it, dw and I really had a great time!

If you have My Time dining, there is an assistant waiter named Deyan (pronounced dee' on) from Serbia who will take excellent+++ care of you. He in the vicinity of table 213. (His brother Ivan runs one of the dinner reservation desks.)[/quote']

Thank you! Glad to hear you had such a nice time!

I will be doing a Live Review from the Legend on the January 13th 11 day Southern Caribbean. I should start the thread on Friday and we set sail on Monday. If you have anything specific questions I would be happy to find out the answers for you. :D

Lisa

I will be doing a Live Review from the Legend on the January 13th 11 day Southern Caribbean. I should start the thread on Friday and we set sail on Monday. If you have anything specific questions I would be happy to find out the answers for you. :D

Lisa

Hi Lisa! Thank you for doing a live review. Plumbing issues seemed to big on the list as well as crew and staff attitude towards cruisers. Would love to hear your take on these issues. :)

I took a 13 day TA on the Legend Oct 30-Nov 12. I never smelled any sewer smells and I went all over the ship. My cabin was on deck 7. We ate on deck 4 and I went to a card making class each sea day on deck 3. We were always out and about.

The Legend has just returned from mostly foreign cruises. [Asia and Med] They are still getting used to some things. For example, Lobster night was not very smooth. However, RCL does not do lobster night outside of US ports. So, most of the dining staff had not prepared/served this. I think as time goes on the will get better and better.

We had an excellent cruise. I did a long picture review if you are interested in seeing the public areas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943590

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I am so thrilled you will be LIVE. We will be sailing the same on Feb 3. And yes, I do have some questions that you may be able to answer once onboard. As we are all planning group activities, knowing the following would be most helpful.

1) Are all bars open on Embarkation day for "Sail-Away"? Wondering about the Solarium Bar and the Viking Crown Lounge.

2) Was the MDR open for lunch on boarding day?

3) What are the MDR hours for breakfast and lunch on sea days?

4) Our group plans on communicating via the Community Bulletin Board. I've "heard" it's on Deck 5. Have no idea if this is correct or exactly where it is located.

5) This is more a personal question. We have late traditional seating. Are the shows scheduled such that I could see them 'before' dinner?

So Lisa........when you said you would be happy to find out the answers for us.......did you anticipate someone like me coming up with 5 right off the top?

Really though, I would appreciate if you can find out any of this for me.

Thanks !

Hi Lisa,

I am so thrilled you will be LIVE. We will be sailing the same on Feb 3. And yes, I do have some questions that you may be able to answer once onboard. As we are all planning group activities, knowing the following would be most helpful.

1) Are all bars open on Embarkation day for "Sail-Away"? Wondering about the Solarium Bar and the Viking Crown Lounge.

4) Our group plans on communicating via the Community Bulletin Board. I've "heard" it's on Deck 5. Have no idea if this is correct or exactly where it is located.

5) This is more a personal question. We have late traditional seating. Are the shows scheduled such that I could see them 'before' dinner?

So Lisa........when you said you would be happy to find out the answers for us.......did you anticipate someone like me coming up with 5 right off the top?

Thanks !

LOL, I was actually hoping for lots of questions ahead of the cruise. I would hate to miss a question while on the ship due to internet issues. This is my first live post and first time using the ship's internet. Also, having questions ahead of time allows me to ask questions at the M&M if I can't find the answers on my own that morning.

I will be hitting the gym daily, so if there are any questions regarding the fitness center...fire away. :D

Lisa

Lisa

Hi, Lisa

Mike and I did the Vision cruise with you. Have fun on the Legend. We did the Legend Panama Canal Nov. 27-Member cruise and had a great time. Keith Williams is the same CD, Kasey is back on the CD staff she had a big hug for us. Mike gave her such a hard time about the Sudoku game sheets in the library cabinet.

We were in 7586 and Ivan was our attendant. He was super. Enjoyed our balcony. No sewer smells.

Only problem we had was with MTD, it took six days before we were assigned a table even with reservations at the same time every night. Finally got a table with Simone & Arvin their service was excellent. Food was good. Ate at Chops one night.

The MDR breakfast hours while at sea were 8-10 lunch was 12-1:30

Boarding day dining was WJ. Snacks in Café Latte-tudes.

Bars R Bar, Schooner Bar, The Pool Bar, & Viking Crown Lounge

The production shows were good. Centrum show was only once because of the sea condition. It was fabulous. Get there early on deck 4 or 5 so you can see the main stair case. The Headline entertainers were good to excellent. Some we had seen before on RC.

There are two performances a night so you can go early if you have late dinner seating. Usually at 7 & 9.

As for the community bulletin board it is on deck 5 next to guest services.

Hi everyone, I just got home to Canada after a 2 day drive from our Legend holiday cruise. I pretty well spent the whole drive on my ipad writing I think a realllllly lengthy trip report, I hope to start posting it tomorrow. It will be my first trip report ever, a little nervous to share :o

I think I just figured out how to add a photo but it looks really small, can anyone guide me on how to make the photo larger. Any guidance on adding "photos" would be much appreciated.

Tired going to bed now.......

Oh and our cruise was fantastic!!!

I also learned that much of the current housekeeping and waitstaff moved to the Legend from the Mariner and viseversa. Prior to the personel swap the Legend (which spent several years in Asia) housekeeping and waitstaff had been mostly Asian. With the Mariner now moving to Asia the swap seems like a logical adjustment.

Hi, Lisa

Mike and I did the Vision cruise with you. Have fun on the Legend. We did the Legend Panama Canal Nov. 27-Member cruise and had a great time. Keith Williams is the same CD, Kasey is back on the CD staff she had a big hug for us. Mike gave her such a hard time about the Sudoku game sheets in the library cabinet.

We were in 7586 and Ivan was our attendant. He was super. Enjoyed our balcony. No sewer smells.

Only problem we had was with MTD, it took six days before we were assigned a table even with reservations at the same time every night. Finally got a table with Simone & Arvin their service was excellent. Food was good. Ate at Chops one night.

The MDR breakfast hours while at sea were 8-10 lunch was 12-1:30

Boarding day dining was WJ. Snacks in Café Latte-tudes.

Bars R Bar, Schooner Bar, The Pool Bar, & Viking Crown Lounge

The production shows were good. Centrum show was only once because of the sea condition. It was fabulous. Get there early on deck 4 or 5 so you can see the main stair case. The Headline entertainers were good to excellent. Some we had seen before on RC.

There are two performances a night so you can go early if you have late dinner seating. Usually at 7 & 9.

As for the community bulletin board it is on deck 5 next to guest services.

Wow, thanks for answering a ton of questions! :D I am super excited today and have no clue how I am going to make through the next 4 work days. Oh well, I will just have to try. We are doing MTD again, but will do Chops the first night. We have learned over several cruises to skip MTD the first night...for some reason it's always crazy that night.

Lisa

Hi everyone, I just got home to Canada after a 2 day drive from our Legend holiday cruise. I pretty well spent the whole drive on my ipad writing I think a realllllly lengthy trip report, I hope to start posting it tomorrow. It will be my first trip report ever, a little nervous to share :o

I think I just figured out how to add a photo but it looks really small, can anyone guide me on how to make the photo larger. Any guidance on adding "photos" would be much appreciated.

Glad to hear your cruise was great! I am looking forward to reading your review. Don't be nervous about sharing, most of us are really nice. I have done several reviews and have never had a nasty comment. I just keep everything fair and balanced. :D

Lisa

Regarding posting larger photos, you have to first upload the photo to some photo sharing site. Then you copy the URL of the photo to your post here on CC by using the Insert Image insertimage.gifbutton.

We got off the legend on jan 3rd... We were nervous about going on such a small ship and so many reviews I read were bad...we LOVED our cruise..two negatives were the shower curtain and the teen program (my kids said the teen program was way better on allure...the kids ended up doing most of what we did and they played a lot of putt-putt...they still had a fantastic time)

We have only done allure and oasis the last few years, but we were pleasantly surprised with the legend...so easy to find others on the ship...staff was very friendly...say hi to marina in park cafe (she is also the best waitress in chops)... Best chef table ever with chef rudi....loved our mtd waiter maher table 185... Vend the mtd bartender was great!

Be nice to Ivan (the host of mtd) and he will take care of you.

Also enjoyed Izumi very much!... My kids had so much fun doing the hot rock!

Ventriloquist and comedian were great!

Aerial show was awesome (sort of a mini version of blue planet)

Enjoy!

Thanks for doing a "live from" thread. We are looking at a cruise in Feb. 2015.

As others have stated, I am concerned by the negative reviews, especially regarding the surly staff and the plumbling problems. I'd also like to know about the volume of the poolside movies, especially during the day.

Enjoy your cruise, and thanks for your reports.

Kathy

On Legend 2 yrs ago pre dry dock - loved her! 3 nts out of Singapore.

Staff were very friendly and warm.

Rooms are small compared to the newer ships, baths etc, but workable.

One small thing - the corned beef hash was cold - apparently they eat it that way in Asia - if it is warm, they will not eat it! ick! Windjammer was busy, took my tray of food to the Solarium.

I lived in the Solarium most of my days,3 lady dinner companions were Asian, and did not speak English until day 3 - found out they could speak, but were too shy and did not think they should - oh well - adventures of travelling in another country!! 2 other gentlemen at the talble, and we talked - probably made them more shy.

you will enjoy the ship - because she is smaller, you find a different vibe!

I like it!! (Yes, I have been on Allure too - prefer the smaller ships).

we just got off the Legend Holiday cruise.... overall cruise was fine. I hate to say though, that the sewer smell is in full effect on deck 3. There was also a major plumbing problem 2 cabins down from us, a major pipe burst and for about 4 days they had a big part of the ceiling in the hallway opened up to fix it and they had big dryers going 24 hours for about 3 days. I feel bad for the people 2 cabins down... their cabin was about 2-3 inches deep in water :eek:

Edited by mjm325

Thanks for doing a "live from" thread. We are looking at a cruise in Feb. 2015.

As others have stated, I am concerned by the negative reviews, especially regarding the surly staff and the plumbling problems. I'd also like to know about the volume of the poolside movies, especially during the day.

Enjoy your cruise, and thanks for your reports.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I have copied your questions to Word, so I won't forget to answer them on the live thread. :D

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Here is what I found last week on the Legend

According to Cruise Compasss...

Solarium Bar - no

Viking Crown Lounge - yes at 3:00

No only Windjammer

Breakfast - 8:00 - 10:00

Lunch - 12:00 - 1:30

It is located right beside the Giest Services desk on Deck 5

Showtime for second seating guests is 7:00

Showtime for main seating guests is 9:00

Thanks !

Lisa can check this out there might be changes to this??

Hope this helps,

Allison