Cigar at the Sunset Bar

syr101

Just got off Reflection, and that's pretty much it except for the Deck 14 (Lido Deck) -- Port side - it's not next to the Pool Bar anymore. Too many people complained that it drafted into the Solarium. They moved it back aft on the Pool Deck near the mid-ship elevators, still a covered area. This is a bad idea also as one very windy day every time the sliding doors opened, it drafted all the way into the buffet area. :eek:

Not a very smart move.:eek:

I'm afraid that my determination to make my point got the better of me...I completely understand where all you are coming from. I too find the smell of cigarettes disgusting but for some reason have never been bothered by cigar smoke.

I have yet to be on a S class ship (this June will be my first) so I have no knowledge of their layout but on the M class ships the limited area on the port side of the Sunset bar is truly a terrible location. While I love sitting and enjoying a sailaway drink and cigar there I really can't change that it is just tight quarters.

Happy sailing to everyone! :)

Enjoy your cruise and your Cigar up at the Sunset bar, I certainly appreciate your efforts in not having your smoke blow into crowds of non-smokers.:D

Cigar smoking is only allowed at the Sunset Bar, port side, on the S-Class ships, and at the Oceanview Bar, port side, on the M-Class ships.

Whether someone will say something or not, smoking should only be done in the designated areas of the ship.

There was so much smoke on the Constellation in December, we wondered if anybody was enforcing the smoking policy. Maybe enforcements were lacking because the CEO was aboard and hard to if smokers were from his group.

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

I'm afraid that my determination to make my point got the better of me...I completely understand where all you are coming from. I too find the smell of cigarettes disgusting but for some reason have never been bothered by cigar smoke.

I have yet to be on a S class ship (this June will be my first) so I have no knowledge of their layout but on the M class ships the limited area on the port side of the Sunset bar is truly a terrible location. While I love sitting and enjoying a sailaway drink and cigar there I really can't change that it is just tight quarters.

Happy sailing to everyone! :)

Oh, I see the problem here. When everyone was referring to the Sunset Bar, the only thing that pops into my mind is the S-Class ships. There's plenty of room up there for Cigar smoking on the Port side without evening contemplating heading over to the starboard side.

On the M-Class ships, there's no Sunset Bar -- it's called the Oceanview Bar. That may be a problem from time to time as it can get very crowded out there on the port side. Not the greatest place for cigar smoking, but probably the only alternative.

Just got off Reflection, and that's pretty much it except for the Deck 14 (Lido Deck) -- Port side - it's not next to the Pool Bar anymore. Too many people complained that it drafted into the Solarium. They moved it back aft on the Pool Deck near the mid-ship elevators, still a covered area. This is a bad idea also as one very windy day every time the sliding doors opened, it drafted all the way into the buffet area. :eek:

Interesting... on our Carnival cruise this past summer, the smoking section was right near the Sports area and Kiddie Camp. Smoke never drifted in by the doors... Guess the wind took care of it. ;);):D

Oh, I see the problem here. When everyone was referring to the Sunset Bar, the only thing that pops into my mind is the S-Class ships. There's plenty of room up there for Cigar smoking on the Port side without evening contemplating heading over to the starboard side.

On the M-Class ships, there's no Sunset Bar -- it's called the Oceanview Bar. That may be a problem from time to time as it can get very crowded out there on the port side. Not the greatest place for cigar smoking, but probably the only alternative.

When we were on the Summit in December they called it the Sunset Bar. I just looked back at the Celebrity Today from our cruise and it shows Sunset Bar on there.

Either way, the bar on deck 10 aft was a nice place for sail away but the port side could get smokey :D

Well, this was an interesting read!

I will say I never thought of the issue of having nonsmokers occupy space in the designated smoking area, and I will be sure to be mindful and not do this on my upcoming cruise!

If I was in a smoking area and someone lit up, I would promptly move. I would not expect the smoker to have to ask me if I minded first or even have them go elsewhere. I appreciate rM3panno's considerate nature but it is not neccesary.

[quote name='Fouremco'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]It's not a question of your motivation, but the fact that you choose to ignore the rules. You could simply wait until space was available in the designated area before lighting up.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm a non-smoker. It would be nice if the non-smokers give them their space. They do have very little space on the cruise ship. Richard