Bringing water & Pop onboard

HR Queen

Yes to both. No need to bring more than one refillable bottle per person for water, as the water onboard is as pure, good tasting as you will get anywhere, is free, and doesn't have a plastic waste problem.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We have been going between Celebrity & HA and I can't remember if you can carry bottled water & pop on with you when you board. We are going in early February & can't wait.

We have found in the past that TSA inspectors don't like 12 packs of soda cans. We have had no problems, however, having two or three boxes of cans come onboard as luggage.

An empty water bottle also avoids problems with the TSA.

Glenn:D:D:cool:

We have found in the past that TSA inspectors don't like 12 packs of soda cans. We have had no problems, however, having two or three boxes of cans come onboard as luggage.

An empty water bottle also avoids problems with the TSA.

Glenn:D:D:cool:

There are no TSA inspectors at the port.

HAL has a soda card which gives you sodas at 1/2 price. Most have reported that it is fountain soda though and not canned soda. Depending upon your preference this can be a good or bad thing.

You can also bring on soda and/or water at ports. It doesn't all have to be brought on on embarkation day ;)

Now that the new (soon) wine policy states something along the lines of "in carryon-on only and not in checked luggage" I wonder if HAL will try to stop cases of water and soda pop being dropped off with a luggage tag? Does anyone think it will be hard for the x-ray scans to determine what is in those bottles/cans? I just wonder if HAL might enforce their "all the water/soda you can carry on" statement.:confused:

Years ago we bought collapsible water bottles that we can pack into the suitcases. Easy to fill from the cabin's sink -- water on the ship's is better than what we get at home.

Soda -- you can bring as much on board as you want -- no limit.

We agree...We only drink filtered water at home as it has a terrible taste.. However on board we fill our water bottles from the tap & Ice them overnight.. Last time our Cabin Steward brought us an extra wine bottle chiller filled with Ice so we could put our bottles in a separate container..

HAL's water is pure & wonderful..

You can bring as much soda as you want on board..

Betty

We have terrible tap water at home so I drink filtered or bottle water. I generally don't drink tap water when traveling. I usually buy a gallon of filtered water and bring back to the hotel. I don't mind tap water but sometimes there's an obvious taste to me. On my last cruise on Zaandam cold tap water tasted fine. When I filled up my water bottle and drank it the next morning, I could taste the "tap water". Not my preference, but I'm sure it's clean and delicious to others. I plan on bring soda and water on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that the new (soon) wine policy states something along the lines of "in carryon-on only and not in checked luggage" I wonder if HAL will try to stop cases of water and soda pop being dropped off with a luggage tag? Does anyone think it will be hard for the x-ray scans to determine what is in those bottles/cans? I just wonder if HAL might enforce their "all the water/soda you can carry on" statement.:confused:

Does the new wine policy say wine only in carryons ? We're leaving after the new policy in effect. Better get ready for the new rules :(

The water is fine.

The problem is that the awful tea bags are served on board makes a horrible brew and that ... stuff I called as 'Mississippi Mud'.... is barely down... called Starbucks. Uggggggg!

I bring my own tea.... PG Tip... regular English Breakfast and bring a bottle of instant coffee.... even the cheapest instant is better than Starbucks.

Bring on board something better!

Stephen

Does the new wine policy say wine only in carryons ? We're leaving after the new policy in effect. Better get ready for the new rules :(

Yes, it says that it must be carried on. Not too hard since you are only allowed one bottle :rolleyes::p

Before boarding you and your suitcases are searched by private contractors hired by HAL. I think they get a commission for finding contraband, e.g., extra wine. Don't forget that before 9-11, airports hired the security folks.