Another conversion to an online TA

grandgeezer

A little background: Last fall we booked a 13 day Mediterranean cruise, followed by a 14 day transatlantic, for next fall on the Equinox. We asked another couple if they would like to go and they declined. They are died in the wool Holland fans. They also must have complete control over their reservation so they always used the cruiseline. This weekend they changed their mind and called Celebrity to book it. The 1-2-3 promo was good for the Med but nothing extra for the TA. They called to tell us it was too expensive. I told them I would check with my online TA and see what kind of a deal they had since I knew they and blocks of rooms on both cruises. Their pricing was $450 p.p. cheaper for the Med and besides the 1-2-3 promo, they threw in a $200 obc. For the TA they threw in a $300 obc. (both cruises were balconys). For the $1,400 savings, they figured they would give up the option of calling someone at 3am to ask questions or change their reservation.

This is a done deal and their down payment does go directly to Celebrity.

This is even a better deal than I got, by a few hundred dollars but this agency has saved me so much money I decided to stand pat. Besides this was for new reservations only.

I love our online TA. The cruise lines have never been able to come close to matching the prices we find with our TA. There were no specials on our cruise in October which is a repositioning from Honolulu to Sydney....no drinks specials on Celebrity, no nothing and which is now completely sold out. With our online TA we received both of our gratuities paid for the full 17 days and paid considerably less for our cabin than was showing on the Celebrity website when we booked last May.

We are very happy with our TA. We get great, prompt service and always get a great deal.

Nicola

Edited by Theodorable

I'm very lucky that my fabulous online TA has it's physical presence just a few miles up the road from where I live. They just won a big award from Celebrity, and I have developed a wonderful relationship with the same agent that I've used over the years. I wish I could name them, but I won't because it's against the rules. I found them originally right here on the Cruise Critic website.

A little background: Last fall we booked a 13 day Mediterranean cruise, followed by a 14 day transatlantic, for next fall on the Equinox. We asked another couple if they would like to go and they declined. They are died in the wool Holland fans. They also must have complete control over their reservation so they always used the cruiseline. This weekend they changed their mind and called Celebrity to book it. The 1-2-3 promo was good for the Med but nothing extra for the TA. They called to tell us it was too expensive. I told them I would check with my online TA and see what kind of a deal they had since I knew they and blocks of rooms on both cruises. Their pricing was $450 p.p. cheaper for the Med and besides the 1-2-3 promo, they threw in a $200 obc. For the TA they threw in a $300 obc. (both cruises were balconys). For the $1,400 savings, they figured they would give up the option of calling someone at 3am to ask questions or change their reservation.

This is a done deal and their down payment does go directly to Celebrity.

This is even a better deal than I got, by a few hundred dollars but this agency has saved me so much money I decided to stand pat. Besides this was for new reservations only.

Glad that it worked out well for your friends. One can often get a better deal by shopping around and comparing offers, which can vary depending on the circumstances involved.

We often find that one TA offers the better deal for one cruise, while for another cruise it will be a different TA.

Yet in other cases we prefer to book directly with the cruise line and avoid the unnecessary involvement of a third party when there is no (or little) incentive to do so.

I'm very lucky that my fabulous online TA has it's physical presence just a few miles up the road from where I live. They just won a big award from Celebrity, and I have developed a wonderful relationship with the same agent that I've used over the years. I wish I could name them, but I won't because it's against the rules. I found them originally right here on the Cruise Critic website.

My sister and I use that agency, too! My sister lives in the town where the TA is located, out on the Neck... Wonderful people at the agency, we always get great deals...

We use the same TA from NH, and have booked over 25+ cruises with them. Presently have 5 booked cruises and always feel that we have the best deal. Also, get loyality rewards and referral credit for new to them cruisers. But, beware, there is a cancelation fee!

This agency is a frequent sponcer of Cruise Critic.

Hal

We use the same TA from NH, and have booked over 25+ cruises with them. Presently have 5 booked cruises and always feel that we have the best deal. Also, get loyality rewards and referral credit for new to them cruisers. But, beware, there is a cancelation fee!

This agency is a frequent sponcer of Cruise Critic.

Hal

This is the reason I stopped using them for my cruises, unless I am 100% going. I hate booking a cruise more then 10months down the road. I'm a cheapo and look for those last minute deals. :)

I've booked 29 cruises without cancellling any. I would have missed out on thousands and thousands of dollars if I was worried about losing $50 p.p. to cancell a cruise.

It's $100pp they have gone up. :)