Upgraded Today

djhsolara

We wondered if we would get the call...and today it happened.

They tried to upgrade us to an ocean suite for $250pp and we did not feel that we wanted to pay that much. Since we always use the Thasso Pool and Thermal Suite we asked if there were any upgrades available to the spa area...and yes there were. We were upgraded to a Spa Balcony for $299 total. We would have been paying $200-something for a spa pass, so we now have a balcony and use of the Thasso Pool/Thermal Suite for a just a bit more of what we would have been paying anyhow.

Woo Hoo to us!!

Sent from my iPad

Funny, but at $299 you probably could have booked the Splendor for another week. :p

Somehow I don't see anyone getting a $299 rate for a Spa BALCONY for TWO guests on any ship. Let alone for 8 nights.

You did good, OP! Enjoy the balcony and the spa!

I don't know the category, but we were in 2473 - an oceanview.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in 2470 the week after you and are waiting for the call, you just made my day!

Chances are slim they will call us, but it might happen ;)

Enjoy you spa balcony! Great deal.

We wondered if we would get the call...and today it happened.

They tried to upgrade us to an ocean suite for $250pp and we did not feel that we wanted to pay that much. Since we always use the Thasso Pool and Thermal Suite we asked if there were any upgrades available to the spa area...and yes there were. We were upgraded to a Spa Balcony for $299 total. We would have been paying $200-something for a spa pass, so we now have a balcony and use of the Thasso Pool/Thermal Suite for a just a bit more of what we would have been paying anyhow.

Woo Hoo to us!!

Sent from my iPad

Actually you received an Upsell, not an Upgrade. An Upgrade is free. You had to pay for yours so it was an Upsell.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Actually you received an Upsell, not an Upgrade. An Upgrade is free. You had to pay for yours so it was an Upsell.

Nope.

Great offer OP with the Upgrade.

raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

"the cost of upgrading each workstation is around $300"

synonyms:improve, modernize, update, bring up to date, make better, ameliorate, reform; More

Nope.

Great offer OP with the Upgrade.

raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

"the cost of upgrading each workstation is around $300"

synonyms:improve, modernize, update, bring up to date, make better, ameliorate, reform; More

I still stand by my original statement. Usually in cruising terms...an upgrade is free and an upsell is paid for.

I still stand by my original statement. Usually in cruising terms...an upgrade is free and an upsell is paid for.

I get these every cruise nothing special only one time did I get a great deal from it. They always call saying you can upgrade to a suite for a lower fee of $250 PP which is $750 for us 3 not such a deal since I always book balcony. One time I did get Back Aft for $80 that was a good deal now everyone books those rooms first so that dont happen anymore.

You need to get a life.

I was just making the statement that in cruising what the difference between upgrade and upsell terms are. Personally I miss the upgrades that the cruise lines use to have. Rarely do you see a free upgrade any more. In fact we haven't seen one in at least 8 years. OP congrats!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I was just making the statement that in cruising what the difference between upgrade and upsell terms are. Personally I miss the upgrades that the cruise lines use to have. Rarely do you see a free upgrade any more. In fact we haven't seen one in at least 8 years.

If you are getting the cabin cheaper, then you could have gotten the cabin without the call.

Thats a UPGRADE