Ruby still in Port

Dan Tanna

I am on board. They are installing some kind of escape launch mechanism. We were told we would pull out about 7, but I am not seeing much progress. It also looks like a crew member was just hauled off in handcuffs. Pure conjecture that it was crew.

I am on board. They are installing some kind of escape launch mechanism. We were told we would pull out about 7, but I am not seeing much progress. It also looks like a crew member was just hauled off in handcuffs. Pure conjecture that it was crew.

Yes, I am in L107 with a decent view of the bridge. There has been a lot of staring down towards the starboard side of the ship by various officers, including the commodore, but no one seems very excited.We were told "maritime evacuation system" being installed. Given that our only port of call is Princess Cays on Saturday, it's unlikely we shall be late.

Feel like I am watching a soap opera.. Tell us more! :o

also? why doesnt crew tell the truth when you call to front desk? I called front desk once because we were 3 hours late leaving and they lied. (I already knew why).. Whats the point of lying I wonder? Unless the front desk really doesnt know whats happening, so they make stuff up? lol

I have clients aboard. They are getting ready to go to the Crown Grill for dinner and are still in port. I relayed what you are all reporting as they knew they were doing something but wasn't quite sure. Hopefully they sail soon.

Feel like I am watching a soap opera.. Tell us more! :o

also? why doesnt crew tell the truth when you call to front desk? I called front desk once because we were 3 hours late leaving and they lied. (I already knew why).. Whats the point of lying I wonder? Unless the front desk really doesnt know whats happening, so they make stuff up? lol

No idea. I'm watching the commodore standing in the starboard bridge wing about 50 feet and slightly below me, staring down at something with another officer, gesturing every now and then.

I am on Aloha with a good view of the bridge, the crane and the sheriff. They just took two large suitcases out to the sheriff's car. The crane just hoisted something up.

That doesn't sound good.

Ship looks nice though - hope everyone has a great cruise! :)

Edited by gcvt

We are on the ship as well. Out of curiosity, we called the front desk to ask about the delay. Their official response was that they are waiting for passengers from delayed flights.

Nothing like a lie thrown in the mix. :rolleyes:

Edited by Colo Cruiser