SWA Price Drop

packedandready

Most airlines do.

I believe SWA policy is that they will issue a credit to be banked for a future flight. Can only be used by the ticketed person, and must be used withing a future timeframe from when original ticket was purchased..

If my information is incorrect, I am sure someone will come along and provide the correct information.

SWA has the most consumer-oriented policies when it comes to repricing, cancelling, etc. If you book a SWA flight and the price later books you can always rebook (as many times as you please) at the new lower fares. SWA will then give you the fare savings in the form of a credit good towards any SWA bookings for the next 12 months. Although it is not as good as a refund (not aware of anyone giving refunds) SWA at least offers the credit and has no penalties.

Hank

Actually, SWA is the only airline I am aware of that does, unless of course you book a refundable ticket, which is MUCH more expensive.

Most airlines will, but first you have to pay the change fee (right now I am seeing about $200 for a domestic ticket for many fare classes on UA), but it would have to be a BIG decrease to make this worthwhile, of course.