Any ideas for Falmouth Jamaica

erfarb

Would agree totally. We used Marva in 2007 in Ocho Rios & have her booked again in May for Falmouth. Can't want!

Which one are you doing? Falmouth Trelawny Tours? The other tour listed on that site doesn't leave from Falmouth. It looks like the Trelawny tour goes to Dunns River Falls, which we did when we docked in Ocho Rios many years ago.

The organic coffee and pineapple plantation mentioned by someone else sounds interesting. Not clear that it can be done from Falmouth.

Edited by MisterBill99

Which one are you doing? Falmouth Trelawny Tours? The other tour listed on that site doesn't leave from Falmouth. It looks like the Trelawny tour goes to Dunns River Falls, which we did when we docked in Ocho Rios many years ago.

The organic coffee and pineapple plantation mentioned by someone else sounds interesting. Not clear that it can be done from Falmouth.

I think that's what she called it. I just told her we wanted to go to Montego Bay this time and that I wanted some sightseeing, beach time, & jerk! She mentioned doing some tubing but we did that last time in Ocho Rios so I don't think we will do tubing again.

Last time & we did Dunns, tubing, picked up some lunch & took it to an almost deserted Reggae Beach. It was a great day. When we learned we would be visiting Jamaica again my family all agreed we should call Marva again.

I discovered this tour on Cruise Critic yesterday. We are going there the first week of April on the Carnival Magic out of Galveston. I filled out the reservation form and within a couple of hours, Ricardo emailed me back and said it was $78/person. I'd try again. Looking forward to this little gem of a place. From what I read, the price includes lunch and transportation.

This was the highlight of our cruise. Lunch at Scotchies was the best jerk chicken ever! Secret Falls is the best kept secret ever, and it really is a GEM. Have a great time, and take lots of pictures!

We loved that Port. We went on a Royal Caribbean sponsored tour up to an organic coffee and pineapple plantation. They suppy to all the hotels, restaurants and resorts. The are a million types of pineapple and you get to taste them all. I had one I loved to death and you can't get in in US.... I miss it. Amazing, located up in the cloud rain forest, at an elevation whee they are growing Blue Mountain beans, tyou actually see the coffee plants, they make local food for lunch, see the farmers tending the fruit and the trees. Get an informational lecture for 1/2 hour. Van drove through a waterfall on the way there, get to see lots of local sites. The people in the mountains are poor, but very honest, safe and friendly. The most beautiful place I have ever seen , I did not want to leave. They have blue mountain coffee for you to drink, and ginger drink made from pineapple rinds, it is so good. On First trip to FalmouthI have also called Oh, I can' t say another name of a tour guide on here can I, Some one let me know, if it is legal?? This tour was personalized they took us into the mountains and we saw real life and real people, children going to school, and allspice trees and birds it was amazing. It is so beautiful and such amazing nice people outside the cities. Stopped for lunch at a jerk place, saw everything. They will customize for you, we were only 2 people. Please let me know if can say the name of the tour guide.

Rules are posted at the top of the start of these forms. You can name tour operators if you have used them and someone request information in a post first. So feel free to speak up because several people have asked for the coffee/ pineapple tour information.

Hello, I can finally get "excited" in going on a cruise within a few months. My friend didn't know if she would be able to go because of surgery, but we are going. YEH!

First I don't want to take any tours that are sponsored by the ships. In Falmouth, if you remember the name of the tour, would you please let me know? Also the cost per person, and how long was the tour? Also what did you see?

I would like to have a "native" of Falmouth take us around to see areas, where most people don't get to see. Do you know if they have naties that do this?

KnowJamaica has one tour from Falmouth (Falmouth Trelawny), and that is because they will go wherever you want to go from Falmouth. Flexible itineraries & schedules.

We did this last March and had a great time!

We're going to be in Falmouth in 3 weeks, and I booked two tours. The first ($45) is a culinary walking tour which also explains some of the history of the area. It includes sampling of 6 dishes, including jerk chicken.

The second is a Jewish Cemetery Tour ($15) which walks over to the Jewish Cemetery which is about 20 minutes away and explains some of the Jewish history of the island. We're doing that one at 9am and will be back in plenty of time for the food tour at 11.

http://jamaicaculinarytours.com/tours/all#.UuNB1hAo5Yg

http://falmouthheritagewalks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=83

Edited by MisterBill99

The Craydon Plantation tour sounds great. If you have been on this tour,can you start it from Falmouth, or do you have to be some place else in Jamaica? The reason I ask, Falmouth is one of the stops we will be making. Also, how much does the tour cost, and for how long?

Someone mentioned Falmouth Trelawny as a tour guide? If you have done this, what type of tour do they take you on? What is the cost, and for how long?

The Craydon Plantation tour sounds great. If you have been on this tour,can you start it from Falmouth, or do you have to be some place else in Jamaica? The reason I ask, Falmouth is one of the stops we will be making. Also, how much does the tour cost, and for how long?

Someone mentioned Falmouth Trelawny as a tour guide? If you have done this, what type of tour do they take you on? What is the cost, and for how long?

The Trelawny tour is the name of the tour done by KnowJamaica tours. It is totally customized by you and they drive you around. Marva will offer suggestions if it's your first visit.

When I get home I will post a link to my last trip report where we used KnowJamaica. It was awesome ane we are using them again next month.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

For our day in Falmouth we purcased all-inclusive resort passes from resortforaday.com to the Hilton Rose Hall. We had such a great day! My in-laws, my husband and I and our 3 kids - and there was something for everyone! Beautiful beach & pool area, great waterpark for the kids, all meals and drinks included, awesome swim-up bar. And, the pass included round trip transfers - picked up and dropped off right at the pier. We would gladly go there again the next time we are in Falmouth!

Could you provide a few details; such as, how far is this from the pier and how long were you there? Could you come and go at your leisure or was there a set time? What kind of transportation?

Fletch1027, first I enjoyed reading your review. When you have a chance, I would appreciate you letting me know how I can get a hold of the ones that do the TourJamaica. Do they charge by where they take you to, or by the hour?

Fletch1027, first I enjoyed reading your review. When you have a chance, I would appreciate you letting me know how I can get a hold of the ones that do the TourJamaica. Do they charge by where they take you to, or by the hour?

Thanks for the review props :)

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.knowjamaica.com/en/2010/07/falmouth-trelawny-tours

Marva's email is: knowjam@gmail.com

The price is for all day. They charge $200 total for the first four people in the group. If the group is more than 5, it is $45 per person. That is for all day and you pay admission to wherever you go. For example, Dunn's River is $20 per person.

If you tell her what type of stuff you are interested in doing, she can suggest things to do.

I would recommend knowjamaicatours, Marva Shaw will respond to your email promptly when organizing you tours. They will do a private tour to accommodate your family and not a group setting. Thumbs up to knowjamaicators, we will be using them summer 2014…. Yeah mon!

We're going to be in Falmouth in 3 weeks, and I booked two tours. The first ($45) is a culinary walking tour which also explains some of the history of the area. It includes sampling of 6 dishes, including jerk chicken.

The second is a Jewish Cemetery Tour ($15) which walks over to the Jewish Cemetery which is about 20 minutes away and explains some of the Jewish history of the island. We're doing that one at 9am and will be back in plenty of time for the food tour at 11.

http://jamaicaculinarytours.com/tours/all#.UuNB1hAo5Yg

http://falmouthheritagewalks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=83

MisterBill99:

These are the tours I was looking at for our June cruise! They offer something different especially since everything is so far away from Falmouth. Can you tell us how they were when you get back? Thanks!

MisterBill99:

These are the tours I was looking at for our June cruise! They offer something different especially since everything is so far away from Falmouth. Can you tell us how they were when you get back? Thanks!

I'll try to remember. If you do not hear from me, you can email me at my screen name here at gmail.com.

I'll try to remember. If you do not hear from me, you can email me at my screen name here at gmail.com.

Thanks! I just emailed them this morning and got a quick response. Since the Allure gets in at 10:30 ship time (9:30 Jamaica time) they can work with us. We have DLS so I believe ship time will be the same as Jamaica time in July.

We visited Falmouth, Jamaica on the Allure of the Seas on January, 29th, 2014 (last week). We have taken taxi from the port to Montego Bay for $20 per person round trip (45 min ride through a BEAUTIFUL country side, was a tour in itself). Once in Montego Bay we went to Doctors' Cave - a private beach, $6 per person entry fee, $6 per beach chair and $6 per umbrella (but there was shade under palm trees, so umbrella could be avoided). Beach was beautiful with breathtaking view of the mountains, nice curving shore line with hotels along the beach and a view of cruise ship @ Montego Bay port in the distance. Water was absolutely clear. There is a nice and reasonably priced restaurant on the beach (lunch with drinks and tip for two people under $40) with live playing band. It is a small beach, but it didn't feel crowded. There were some families with children, but I don't remember if they had water toys for kids on the beach. At the end, we were extremely happy that we didn't book a day at the beach through Resort/Jamaica For A Day, because we would pay twice as much and be on their time, not ours. And this is despite the fact that driver who dropped us off didn't return to pick us up. We had no difficulty getting taxi to go back for $30 per taxi.

progress.gif

Thank you for getting back with me, and your experience with Falmouth, and the Taxi. The touring part before you got to the beach sounded great, along with Montego Bay. This is my question, you said it was $20 for a round trip which sounded fine to me, but the Taxi did not come back, so you paid $30 going back. So in otherwords, it cost $50 to go to Montego Bay, plus the renting of the chairs, etc. , right? Did you pay the Taxi the $20 when they dropped you off? I would have not paid until they picked me up, this way I knew I didn't have to pay another Taxi.

I was unable to find the coffee/pineapple tour so maybe it was for another area. Here is a tour that I just booked and it sounds like a good one with some good reviews. Jamaica Culinary Tours: A Taste of History. Already spoke to them by phone just checking on the Allure 10:30 timing and said it was not an issue. Do not recall what form I was on that suggested this but thank you.

I was unable to find the coffee/pineapple tour so maybe it was for another area. Here is a tour that I just booked and it sounds like a good one with some good reviews. Jamaica Culinary Tours: A Taste of History. Already spoke to them by phone just checking on the Allure 10:30 timing and said it was not an issue. Do not recall what form I was on that suggested this but thank you.

I'm doing that tour next week and will try to report back.