First time with Fred!

kate52

Yes, they do work, but they make me very sleepy. If I followed the instructions on the packet and took two tablets, I would sleep for two days. I rarely suffer from sea sickness, but on the odd occasions when the sea has been rough, I've taken half a tablet and it worked. My friend who isn't a good sailor, regularly takes two tablets at a time and they never make her sleepy. I would try one tablet if you haven't used them before.

• 2 weeks later...
The man in Boots said they had not had any in for months and there had been trouble getting the hyoscine hydrobromide :rolleyes::confused: They didn't even have their own make. I have never had trouble getting them at any other time.

Just noticed they are selling them for £34.99 for 12 tablets on ebay :eek::eek:

I suspect that means the Ebay dealer doesn't have any available - so a really daft :eek: price is flagged up to stop people buying them. Saves the seller having to withdraw the item then subsequently put it back up when stock arrives.

The shortage of the basic ingredient should be resolved soon (ish) ?

Edited by WeeCountyMan
info update

Kwells and Boots 'Travel Calm' are the same. But neither are in stock at any Boots and we tried numerous independents and none of them had any either. For us these are the ones that work best in minutes you feel better - and we were crossing the Drakes Passage to Antarctica in a ship half the length of Braemar !!

Fortunately we found some from an old trip and we were OK.

So if anyone finds a place that has these please post here as we would like to top up again - as these, for us, are clearly the best. Feel better in minutes with no drowsiness.

This online store appears to have stock.

http://www.sedempharmacy.com/index.php/a-z-categories/travel/kwells-300-microgram-tablets-detail

Firefox flagged up a warning message to advise that it did not recognise the site as trustworthy.

There is an address and landline 'phone number - worth a call if you want to verify.

This online store appears to have stock.

http://www.sedempharmacy.com/index.php/a-z-categories/travel/kwells-300-microgram-tablets-detail

Firefox flagged up a warning message to advise that it did not recognise the site as trustworthy.

There is an address and landline 'phone number - worth a call if you want to verify.

Also showing here -

http://www.mymeddirect.co.uk/special-offer/kwells-tablets.html

Hi Kate having a fabulous time on Braemar. Still as good as I remember her. You will love it! Not needed travel pills yet, but off to Agadir tonight, so may need them!!

Glad to read you are having a good time Linda. We are looking at Fred for next year so will have lots of questions for you when you are back. Happy Birthday & enjoy the rest of your cruise x

We have been on many cruises and my wife is a poor sailor. She has one Stugeron every 8 hours and it works very well and she doesn't get drowsy. The mistake people make is waiting for rough weather and the sickness starting before taking a tablet. She has one a couple of hours before sailing time and doesn't stop until the last evening.

What power sockets are there on the Balmoral?

Do I need to take an adaptor for UK standard 3-pin and/or 2-pin plug

From the F.O. website - All our ships feature dual voltage - 110 volts requiring a US style flat 2 pin plug and 220 volts requiring a continental round 2 pin plug (both have a 60 volt cycle)

In my last cabin on Balmoral, there was a standard 3 pin UK socket, but the bottom of the socket was close to the desk surface and it wasn't suitable for some appliances with a thick flex.

To be on the safe side I would take a couple of adaptors.

How much per minute, using your own tablet. Thanks Alan

On Black Watch just before Christmas, we were paying £10 for 55 mins.

There were larger and smaller packages available and progressively lower or higher rates respectively.

• 3 weeks later...