Liberty of the Seas or Majesty of the Seas or Adventure of the Seas

meliss35

Liberty. It is similar to Adventure, but newer with more amenities.

Majesty is the oldest ship in the fleet with no specialty restaurants or balcony cabins, aside from suites. She wears her age well, but it cannot even come close to comparing to Liberty or Adventure.

Wow, to go from Song of America all the way to Liberty of the Seas will be quite a transition for you! I felt the same way when I went from Viking Serenade to Liberty of the Seas.

I agree with others here... Liberty of the Seas is the nicest of those three.

If you're not already signed up for Crown & Anchor, you should definitely do that and get credit for your Song of America cruise. That way, you'll be a "Gold" member and get some discount coupons to use onboard. They're not a lot, but why pass on an opportunity to save a few dollars?

My husband and I are deciding between Liberty of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas or Adventure of the Seas. Which is the nicest ship?

All three are nice ships. Liberty is the biggest with the most bells and whistles. Adventure is slightly smaller than the Liberty but very similar. The Majesty is the oldest ship in the fleet and does not have alot of bells and whistles but is still a nice ship. Majesty's 4 day sailing's are pretty popular and well priced. Majesty's biggest drawback is the size of her cabins, as they are the smallest in the fleet.

Take a look at the different itineraries and see how they compare (3&4 day itineraries or longer ones) and try to determine what interests you the most. Do you want lots of bars, high energy attractions (Flowrider, Rock Climbing, Sports Court, pools, etc.) then go with Liberty.

My husband and I are deciding between Liberty of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas or Adventure of the Seas. Which is the nicest ship?

It is impossible to compare Majesty of the Seas to Liberty of the Seas....it just isn't fair. Majesty lacks the specialty restaurants (if that matters) and some activities (flowrider, ice skating, no solarium etc).

Majesty is a smaller ship with smaller cabins, and the only balconies are suites......yet, my DH and I love Majesty. Its crew is wonderful and we have cruised on her 10 times. We have been on Liberty as well, but the experience is different.

A pool is a pool, even though the hot tubs are smaller, a dining room is dining room, Windjammer is WJ -- yet we have always had a great time on Majesty. We will go on Her Majesty again.

Simple as that.

The rooms on Majesty are literally smaller than my closet at home. It is terrible unless you have a Junior Suite or above. That will be the size of a normal cabin on Adventure or Liberty.

Adventure and Liberty are very nice ships. They provide nice vacation experiences. Be prepared that a shorter cruise will draw more of a party and budget crowd.

I recommend the Liberty but Adventure would be a good option. I recommend scrapping the Majesty idea. I am astounded that they are still sailing that old ship. It was great in the early 1990's but it is no longer an acceptable option.

Edited by OasisOTS2013

The rooms on Majesty are literally smaller than my closet at home. It is terrible unless you have a Junior Suite or above. That will be the size of a normal cabin on Adventure or Liberty.

Adventure and Liberty are very nice ships. They provide nice vacation experiences. Be prepared that a shorter cruise will draw more of a party and budget crowd.

I recommend the Liberty but Adventure would be a good option. I recommend scrapping the Majesty idea. I am astounded that they are still sailing that old ship. It was great in the early 1990's but it is no longer an acceptable option.

I completely disagree about the Majesty. No it isn't the biggest and has no where the number of amenities as the Liberty or other Royal ships but it is still an acceptable ship to sail on. It is perfect for the 3&4 day cruises that it does.

For you it may 'no longer be an acceptable option' -- yet is sails at capacity for all of its sailings....so for some it is an option.

But don't worry, they will be retiring 'that old ship', as you call her.....sometime in 2016. At that point they will have another ship in the Oasis class and along with Quantum and Anthem sailing...until then however, lots of people will be having great times aboard her.

I have cruised on the Monarch and Majesty, and they were actually the two best cruises of all of my RCCL cruises. The staff was better, the service was great, and in both cases (west and east coast) we had port days each day.

I went on the Liberty on the 5 night Labadee, Falmouth cruise (We missed Falmouth because of a medical emergency), and it was bigger, and had more stuff, but I was disappointed in the cruise. It lacked the intimacy of the Majesty and the other smaller ships I have cruised on (Jewel and Serenade).

I guess I am a smaller ship person!

Hi,

We are booked again on her 1/18/14 for the third time, our favorite ship! Fantastic service, layout (even with 3000+ other passengers) and you will always find domething to do! Enjoy your planning! :D