FTTF - not limited to 15 at a time

Elaine515

Reasons that we found ourselves at Guest Services.

We were at GS to:

+ get extra keys

+ to replace a lost S&S (mine, which I later found that my hubby had borrowed)

+ to increase our children's spending limits after they added cash at the kiosk ( several times),

+ to address some questions for someone from our group (special needs)

+ to inquire about a missing bag

+ to report back that we found the bag after searching every cabin deck ourselves

+ to remove the $2pp/per day from our prepaid gratuities and add that cash to our dining room servers additional tips. They "made" our cruise (we didn't have a lot going for us on this sailing due to horrible weather)

+ to give a compliment on one particularly special staff member.

I was very grateful to NOT have to stand on the long line. We have sailed numerous times in which we never visited the GS desk. We never waited behind more than one person, and most times we didn't wait at all. The regular line was at least 6 people deep on most of our visits.

such an uproar over the FTTF. I can understand the embarkation, but, VIP still gets on the ship first before FTTF. Vip still get a bit more "perks".

FTTF gets to get on board before zones but after vip, get to use the vip in guest services line and then if there is a tender can choose to do early.

if there is as many as 100 people in possibly the same room as you before boarding is still a way lot better than the thousand behind you.

Actually, just off cruise from Baltimore and for embarkation and debarkation the FTTF were seated with priority guest and boarded/left (self disembarkation) the ship at the same time. So, I believe this is may depend on port. I had no issues with this as it was still ahead of the majority. A few minutes does not make a difference to me.

Faster To The Fun!

Miami, FL - Sat, May 10

Select a Shore Excursion Time:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

$49.95 Only 16 tickets remain

I was under the impression that Carnival only released 15 FTTF at a time, and certainly not so fair in advance. And this is AFTER a friend already purchased 2 of them today...

No wonder the Guest Services Desk is so crowded :(

When FTTF first came out, they said it would be 15 available to start and another 15 added depending on # or Platinum/Diamond cruisers.

Yeah and you will probably find something to complain about there as well!

What is there to complain about? Princess doesn't have FTTF, it's a step up from Carnival, and I like their no smoking policy for balconies. What could be better than that?:p

Princess is Carnival! They still got your money if you want to (Show them) Go to Royal .

They may be owned by Carnival but they are not the same in policies. No FTTF people to deal with, and no smoking on balconies on Princess. It's not about the money for us.:D

What is there to complain about? Princess doesn't have FTTF, it's a step up from Carnival, and I like their no smoking policy for balconies. What could be better than that?:p

Less kiddos. By the way your post on that thread was very well written :)

Edited by RuthlessBoss

such an uproar over the FTTF. I can understand the embarkation, but, VIP still gets on the ship first before FTTF. Vip still get a bit more "perks".

FTTF gets to get on board before zones but after vip, get to use the vip in guest services line and then if there is a tender can choose to do early.

if there is as many as 100 people in possibly the same room as you before boarding is still a way lot better than the thousand behind you.

At Long Beach and Ft Lauderdale we were all boarded together. There was no difference in Diamond, platinum suites nothing. A mad mess of people:mad:

Edited by Litewait

At Long Beach and Ft Lauderdale we were all boarded together. There was no difference in Diamond, platinum suites nothing. A mad mess of people:mad:

Same thing on Fascination on 11/30 out of Jacksonville. Disembark (self-assist) was even worse.

DW and I don't have to be 1st on the ship, we just want there to be consistency. If we are told we have Priority embark/debark because we are Platinum, then give us that. Otherwise, quit stating that as a benefit.

Same thing on Fascination on 11/30 out of Jacksonville. Disembark (self-assist) was even worse.

DW and I don't have to be 1st on the ship, we just want there to be consistency. If we are told we have Priority embark/debark because we are Platinum, then give us that. Otherwise, quit stating that as a benefit.

I have commented to John Heald about it. maybe I'll send a letter to Carnival.

That's the only beef I have with FTF. And it is awful.

And Princess has far better entertainment and it's live!!!

Exactly and we love MUTS. Also, less brats running around and the children we have experienced on Princess have been well behaved and the parents in control of them. We'll still cruise on Carnival, but we'll be very picky about the ship and the time of year we cruise.

I have commented to John Heald about it. maybe I'll send a letter to Carnival.

That's the only beef I have with FTF. And it is awful.

I don't think the program itself is awful, it's the way people use it with their new found "priveledge" to board . They use it to extreme in some cases and rush.

I don't think the program itself is awful, it's the way people use it with their new found "priveledge" to board . They use it to extreme in some cases and rush.

I think most of the problems reported are due to Carnival's lack of consistency in following their own procedure. You can't fault the FTTF people when those in control of boarding call Diamond/Platinum/FTTF to board all at the same time.