Calabaza or Calypso cruise to snorkel with se turtles

bmgrins

Just used Calabaza and they were great. $110 pp included the ride to the pier, lunch and all kinds of beverages. Saw turtles at the 1st spot, lots of fish at the wrecks. Very good crew. I will mention that all of the catamarans were at the same spot in the morning, it was quite crowded. We then sailed to a more remote spot where they anchored for a bit so we could swim to the beach.

You mentioned you had to swim from the Catamaran to the beach? How far of a swim is it?

• 4 weeks later...

The wife & I went to Calabaza back in April when we were on Jewel OTS. They are amazing. I would highly recommend them. Incredible service, wonderful food and drinks. We think it was the best excursion we have ever been on.

You will love it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I hope so! I think that I will - my husband almost had a heart attack at the price though - he was like it's HOW much. So it's our Valentines Day presents to each other, lol (our actual cruise leaves on Valentines Day).

im looking to book calabaza for my cruise in august but cant find the price anywhere.can someone tell me the price per person? and how long the excursion is.hoping i can have time to do something else after the calabaza cruise is doen

Edited by lilm201

im looking to book calabaza for my cruise in august but cant find the price anywhere.can someone tell me the price per person? and how long the excursion is.hoping i can have time to do something else after the calabaza cruise is doen

It's $110 a person.

It's a 5 hour lunch cruise. I'm super excited for it

i heard that you can do the same thing (swim with turtles and snorkel over wrecks without paying all that money and just finding people on the beach that will bring u out.for around 20

is that true?

• 2 weeks later...
i heard that you can do the same thing (swim with turtles and snorkel over wrecks without paying all that money and just finding people on the beach that will bring u out.for around 20

is that true?

Maybe .... but Calabaza is the best excursion we've ever done! We actually booked a cruise specifically to go with Gina and her crew again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can only speak about Calabaza, but I only have good things to say. Gina responded to emails really quickly and I felt very secure with our reservation. Gina didn't sail with us on that particular day, but the 3 guys took excellent care of our group.

I LOVED that we only had 12 people. We had an awesome time sailing and the flying fish were just an awesome sight that I hadn't seen and didn't expect.

The snorkel experience was great in both locations and swimming with the turtles was something that we will never forget.

The food was amazing and so were the drinks. Mount Gay Rum! Seriously, that rum punch was something else!

We never felt crowded and were never crowded by another tour group either.

Jumping off the Cat and swimming to shore at the last stop was so relaxing. I can't imagine a better day.

Tip: Ride on the front of the Cat and HAVE FUN! You will also get an email after the tour with recipes and a link to pics.

I can confidently say that you will not regret booking with Calabaza and I can't imagine booking with anyone else in Barbados.

Don't overlook Cool Runnings when shopping a catamaran trip. I have sailed with them twice, would absolutely go again.

Last time I was in Barbados, friends went on SilverMoon, I went on Cool Runnings, and when we compared notes after, they were almost exactly the same.

Nice thing about CR is even tho it is a bigger cat, they don't take a lot of people. Also, highly rated on TripAdvisor

cool runnings barbados dot com.

I can only speak about Calabaza, but I only have good things to say. Gina responded to emails really quickly and I felt very secure with our reservation. Gina didn't sail with us on that particular day, but the 3 guys took excellent care of our group.

I LOVED that we only had 12 people. We had an awesome time sailing and the flying fish were just an awesome sight that I hadn't seen and didn't expect.

The snorkel experience was great in both locations and swimming with the turtles was something that we will never forget.

The food was amazing and so were the drinks. Mount Gay Rum! Seriously, that rum punch was something else!

We never felt crowded and were never crowded by another tour group either.

Jumping off the Cat and swimming to shore at the last stop was so relaxing. I can't imagine a better day.

Tip: Ride on the front of the Cat and HAVE FUN! You will also get an email after the tour with recipes and a link to pics.

I can confidently say that you will not regret booking with Calabaza and I can't imagine booking with anyone else in Barbados.

Lunagirl, you mention jumping off the catamaran and swimming to shore, is this optional?

The reason I ask is because we are thinking of doing the catamaran, but will be taking our 3 year old son along. So, swimming to shore is not an option for him. He swims, but he can't manage extensive swimming. Can he and an adult stay on the catamaran while the others swim?

• 5 weeks later...