Ellen Gives Princess Cruise to Firefighters

5:00_Somewhere

I saw Ellen as well, and it just brought tears to my eyes. She also gave a Princess Cruise on the Royal to everyone in her audience during her 12 days of Christmas give aways, but for the firefighters, it was very special.

Sharing her wealth in that way shows she has class.

I work for a town in Massachusetts and it is true that town employees cannot accept a gift worth $50 or more. I can see why Ellen's staff didn't know as many many people in Massachusetts are unaware of this law.

According to the article I read, the chief even poured over the paperwork to make sure it was legit that the Ellen show could fly them out to California without violating the ethics laws....

One would think they would have checked that. My company does work with the state, I deal with people who have no say in decisions, and I can't even treat for lunch if I wanted to.

Sharing her wealth in that way shows she has class.

Do you think Ellen personally pays for the gifts to the audience? I always presumed that the gift was donated by the supplier, in exchange for the publicity of having it mentioned on the show.