Price drop BEFORE final payment &not ES

cowgirlsrock

Depends who you talk to, some agents when you call say you did not book ES so no rate drop, I hang up call back and get one who will drop it for me.

Not a very good agent if they don't know the rules.

Why hang up? If you are before final payment time just tell them you want to cancel and rebook. They'll see things your way.:)

Bill

If the price drops before final payment and its not ES can you get the differnece either on the price of the cruise or OBC THanks

As long as you booked a refundable fare, the difference will be deducted from your cruise fare if you haven't paid off your cruise or given as OBC if you have. I have seen posts where people have stated they didn't receive OBC, but their credit card was refunded if they had already paid off the cruise.

My Aunt missed early saver by a couple days but when the price dropped almost $100 a week before final payment we did the early saver form and they discounted the cruise and sent a preform letter saying price drops only valid until final payment date.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, if you are before final payment date, and booked a fare other than Early Saver you do get the price drops.

I know this, because I do not book Early Saver (too many restrictions) I always book at a price that I am willing to pay.

My cruise this time (coming up Carnival Freedom on Feb 8th) was booked 315 days out. Before Final payment, we ended up saving $1000 on the cruise, first there was a past guest rate available that wasn't there when we booked, and then there was a Canadian Resident rate.

You just need to call and mentioned that you have seen that the price is lower than what you have paid, and they will drop the price of your cruise.

Yes, if you are before final payment date, and booked a fare other than Early Saver you do get the price drops.

I know this, because I do not book Early Saver (too many restrictions) I always book at a price that I am willing to pay.

My cruise this time (coming up Carnival Freedom on Feb 8th) was booked 315 days out. Before Final payment, we ended up saving $1000 on the cruise, first there was a past guest rate available that wasn't there when we booked, and then there was a Canadian Resident rate.

You just need to call and mentioned that you have seen that the price is lower than what you have paid, and they will drop the price of your cruise.

As Leo's Rule stated, if not ES, it has to be a booking with a refundable, cancelable fare. IE. Cannot be Super Saver or Easy Saver fare.

Edited by Sparky2

Not a very good agent if they don't know the rules.

Why hang up? If you are before final payment time just tell them you want to cancel and rebook. They'll see things your way.:)

Bill

I have had agents tell me that only early saver rates are eligible for price protection, so I hang up and call back and find an agent willing to help and lower the price.