Disembarking at the ports on Oasis

Jen731

First of all, a big high five to everyone on these boards. You make my anticipation grow every day by reading your reviews, updates and suggestions.

I haven't seen this addressed recently, so can anyone tell me about the process for getting off the ship (Oasis) at the different ports and what sort of wait time to expect? I certainly don't care about being the first one off the ship, so the stops in Nassau and St. Thomas don't worry me, but we are scheduling a tour in St. Marteen and I'm wondering if it takes a while to get off the ship. I can remember some ships we've been on having to stand in line for an hour or more to get off the ship. I know it's a lot of people, so I'm not complaining.

Usually doesn't take much time at all. If you get in line early, before they start letting people off, it make take more time. Also, always the possibility of a problem with the immigration officials, and that could hold things up. Normally, doesn't take long at all!

First of all, a big high five to everyone on these boards. You make my anticipation grow every day by reading your reviews, updates and suggestions.

I haven't seen this addressed recently, so can anyone tell me about the process for getting off the ship (Oasis) at the different ports and what sort of wait time to expect? I certainly don't care about being the first one off the ship, so the stops in Nassau and St. Thomas don't worry me, but we are scheduling a tour in St. Marteen and I'm wondering if it takes a while to get off the ship. I can remember some ships we've been on having to stand in line for an hour or more to get off the ship. I know it's a lot of people, so I'm not complaining.

Just off Oasis January 11th. On and off , easy as can be. No waiting at ports. NONE, amazing

Not long at all. Getting back on in Nassau is a pain though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree it's become a pain to get back on the ship in Nassau. What happened? We had not been to Nassau for a while and also experienced some long lines. I thought I remembered 2 security station on the pier and there was only 1 in December. Is my memory bad or is this another example of cost cutting?:confused:

I agree it's become a pain to get back on the ship in Nassau. What happened? We had not been to Nassau for a while and also experienced some long lines. I thought I remembered 2 security station on the pier and there was only 1 in December. Is my memory bad or is this another example of cost cutting?:confused:

Quick side note about Nassau! Last time we were there security was really cracking down on people who were bringing back those big conch shells they sell on the pier. They were confiscating any shells purchased right there at the pier. The only ones they let on board were those that were purchased thru an excursion like ours. We had did the snorkel with the stingrays and any shells we had bought on that beach were fine to bring onboard. Just a heads up for people it will save you money and time!