Question on Spa Cabins and Age for Spa Benefits

tammi0916

Hello all!

We are thinking about booking a spa balcony on the Splendor and a spa interior for our girls - they are 15 and would get spa privileges with their cabin but would they be too young to use them?

Trying to decide if it makes sense to put them in their own cabin or just get the spa suite if they can't use all of the good stuff in the spa?

any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Tammi

Does the splendor have cloud 9 spa? I know one ship besides the dream class and sunshine does, not sure if this is the one... Anyway- if so, you have to be 18 to partake in the cloud 9 spa, I think. I know it's 16 for the gym, but pretty sure 18 for the thermal suites and thalassotherapy pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the splendor have cloud 9 spa? I know one ship besides the dream class and sunshine does, not sure if this is the one... Anyway- if so, you have to be 18 to partake in the cloud 9 spa, I think. I know it's 16 for the gym, but pretty sure 18 for the thermal suites and thalassotherapy pool.

Yes they have the Cloud 9 spa, just was looking at the prices and what is included. Thanks for the info.

tam

From Carnival's FAQs:

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to reserve spa treatments online and receive treatments or utilize our spa facilities, including the sauna and steam rooms (within the locker rooms) and thermal suite access in Cloud 9 Spas.

We were on the Dream last summer in a spa balcony with our teenage daughters ages 14 and 15. My husband and I got spa bracelets. You just go to the spa, show your spa bracelet, and they take your S&S card and give you a spa card. You use it to swipe at the door to get into the different facilities. On the first day my daughters went with me because they wanted to use the free workout room and showers. No one questioned them going with me because there are free things like the shower area, the workout area, and some people are headed in for a previously scheduled massage. Well I headed into the thalasso therapy pool and my daughters went to the locker room. Within just a few minutes they were knocking on the glass window and waving at me because they couldn't figure out which door lead to the locker area. :rolleyes: Someone immediately opened the door for them and long story short, they ended up in the pool with me. They couldn't resist its allure. :) And after that they just waited while I got the spa entry card and they went in and used the spa facilities with me for the whole cruise. I figured that with the exorbitant summer prices we were paying we deserved this extra little perk. And they are both very tall and pretty mature and well behaved so no one questioned their presence. Most of the time there were only a couple other people there other than us anyways. :)

And as for the previous poster that said young ones can't use the spa, well that's not true. There are many advertised spa treatments for young ones. We did the mother daughter mani pedi. And the mother daughter massage. And my daughters booked some of their own treatments like special conditioning treatments for their hair and one of them got a facial. Young ones can make appointments in the spa. :) I would encourage it, it really makes for a memorable cruise. And it's a great way to reconnect with your kids.

In the Cloud 9 Spa they have to be 18. This was the deal breaker for me to book spa cabins fro our cruise on the Dream in December actually. I can escape from the unsupervised kids creating havoc in the hot tubs. I'll have no issue in making sure that any children are removed from the spa area.

Hello all!

We are thinking about booking a spa balcony on the Splendor and a spa interior for our girls - they are 15 and would get spa privileges with their cabin but would they be too young to use them?

Trying to decide if it makes sense to put them in their own cabin or just get the spa suite if they can't use all of the good stuff in the spa?

Thanks,

Tammi

Hi Tammi :)

Spa Carnival / Cloud 9 Spa

(Carnival Splendor / Dream / Magic / Breeze / Sunshine)

1) Fitness Center and Studio – Guests must be at least 18 years of age to

use the fitness facilities on their own.

2) Minor guests (12-17 years of age) may use the facilities provided they

are accompanied by a parent or guardian (subject to restrictions posted

outside the Fitness Center)

3) Salon - Salon services (hair, nail and facial services) are available to

guests of all ages.

4) Spa Facilities - Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive treatments

or utilize spa facilities, including the sauna and steam rooms (within the locker rooms)

as well as*use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9Spas.

5) ZSpa Youth Program - Teens (13-17 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult

when they book treatments on board. Parents or a guardian must complete and sign

the spa’s consultation form acknowledging their consent before services are rendered.

:)

We were on the Dream last summer in a spa balcony with our teenage daughters ages 14 and 15. My husband and I got spa bracelets. You just go to the spa, show your spa bracelet, and they take your S&S card and give you a spa card. You use it to swipe at the door to get into the different facilities. On the first day my daughters went with me because they wanted to use the free workout room and showers. No one questioned them going with me because there are free things like the shower area, the workout area, and some people are headed in for a previously scheduled massage. Well I headed into the thalasso therapy pool and my daughters went to the locker room. Within just a few minutes they were knocking on the glass window and waving at me because they couldn't figure out which door lead to the locker area. :rolleyes: Someone immediately opened the door for them and long story short, they ended up in the pool with me. They couldn't resist its allure. :) And after that they just waited while I got the spa entry card and they went in and used the spa facilities with me for the whole cruise. I figured that with the exorbitant summer prices we were paying we deserved this extra little perk. And they are both very tall and pretty mature and well behaved so no one questioned their presence. Most of the time there were only a couple other people there other than us anyways. :)

And as for the previous poster that said young ones can't use the spa, well that's not true. There are many advertised spa treatments for young ones. We did the mother daughter mani pedi. And the mother daughter massage. And my daughters booked some of their own treatments like special conditioning treatments for their hair and one of them got a facial. Young ones can make appointments in the spa. :) I would encourage it, it really makes for a memorable cruise. And it's a great way to reconnect with your kids.

On ships with a Cloud 9 Spa, we always get the a spa cabin. We enjoy going to the spa to relax. The age limit is 18. The last thing I want to see are a bunch of kids in the spa or serenity deck, well behaved or not. Why can't people just follow the rules. The rules are for your benefit as well. :confused:

We went on a family cruise for my daughter's high school graduation. It was me, DH, DD21, DD18, Dmom, DMIL, Dsis, and Dniece16. I booked us all in spa rooms so we all had spa access. My Dniece was told when we went on the tour that she wasn't old enough to access the thermal suite rooms. It didn't really seem to matter though. My two DDs went I think one or two times in the tile lounger room. But that is it. My younger DD18 hung out with my Dniece the whole time. So they didn't miss the spa area. My older DD hung out with me a lot lounging in the Serenity. I don't think my MIL or Mom ever went to the spa area except during the tour - where MIL tried to get me and DH to sign up for the couples mud room thing - AWKWARD :eek::eek:.

I wanted us to all be near each other, that is why I booked the spa because DH and I REQUIRE the spa. :) I love the tile loungers and the thalasso pool and won't cruise again unless on a ship with them. However, I think if I did it all again I would have booked my mom & sister and my DD21 & DMIL, and my DD18 and Dniece into aft balcony rooms together. They were available on our cruise near the end and I almost switched them to those (wouldn't have been much of an increase in cost since the prices had dropped by then). But I thought the aft would have been too far from us. But I think they would have enjoyed that more.

Maggie

Hello all!

Thanks,

Tammi

If you want to use the Spa, and want to be close to the girls, why not get adjoining rooms on another deck and buy the spa separately. :)

• 4 years later...

Please, does the Thalassotherapy pool have a handrail above steps going down into the pool?

Handicapped newbie cruiser looking at a 4 night cruise on the Splendour in November, 2020. I use a Rollator for mobility and can manage holding on to a handrail. Have vinyl sandals for use in the pool, already noted in another thread the floor can be slippery.

3 hours ago, crochetcruise said:

Please, does the Thalassotherapy pool have a handrail above steps going down into the pool?

Handicapped newbie cruiser looking at a 4 night cruise on the Splendour in November, 2020. I use a Rollator for mobility and can manage holding on to a handrail. Have vinyl sandals for use in the pool, already noted in another thread the floor can be slippery.

Mr. Google is your friend.  I searched 'thalasso pool pictures Carnival Solendor' and got multiple pics.  This was the best on showing someone actually using the railing to exit the pool.  EM

enhance

43 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Mr. Google is your friend.  I searched 'thalasso pool pictures Carnival Solendor' and got multiple pics.  This was the best on showing someone actually using the railing to exit the pool.  EM

enhance

THANK YOU Essie's Mom. I never thought to Google! Basic techie here, and I feel VERY stupid for overlooking something so simple!

I must look into shorts and a possible new swimsuit for the cruise. I like buying ahead and using Layby to secure my clothing needs without stress to my budget.

My friend has just returned from the Carnival Legend cruise to New Zealand, they had a rough last night aboard, and a challenging disembarkation from what she wrote on another group I follow. I still have 2 calendar years and 2 days before I embark, reading the boards with interest, and noting any relevant points.

On 1/17/2014 at 5:04 PM, carrieluvsgreg said:

delete- just saw date.  Sorry.

Edited by LuckyStar

Lucky Star, I have a HUGE GRIN on my face at you thinking I'm under 16 years of age. I'm more than 3 times that age. Been handicapped since birth with Cerebral Palsy and Legal Blindness so very wary about having a fall and losing my independence.

You've made a frustrating day, EVER so much more cheerful. THANK YOU!