Unsure about a short Bermuda Cruise

SnowshoeCat

I'm booked on Royal's 5-night Bermuda cruise. For me, this cruise is about the destination, not necessarily the sailing. There are only 2 days in Bermuda (1 1/2, really) and I'm wondering if it's worth my effort. There is so much I'd like to see there and I'm afraid I will feel rushed. I'm sure I will have another opportunity to go back, but with Explorer leaving, it will probably be a 7-day sailing. Nice to have an extra day in Bermuda, but it also means another day at sea.

I'm tempted to just use my airline points and take a land vacation. Final payment is approaching!

I love the 5 day cruises. I think its enough time to get a taste of the island, to me it's more time then you normally get in a port. Normally if you're lucky you're in port 8-5, in Bermuda you're there continuously.

I also really 5 days because it's easier for us to take vacation for a shorter time.

I'm getting close to canceling :( I'm going on a Caribbean cruise next week and that's more of a getaway to bop around some islands. For me, the point of a Bermuda cruise is to see Bermuda and I know I will want more time there.

My only cruise to Bermuda was a 5-nighter. I wish I had had more time there. But I'm still so very glad I got to go. Have you considered RCI's 7-nighters out of Baltimore?

I'm pretty sure RCI's sailing out of Baltimore is 6 nights and involves an extra day at sea, not on the island.

I'll try to be patient and find the right sailing for me. New York is the most convenient, followed by Boston. In the meantime, I'm waiting for RCI's 2015 Norwegian fjord schedule to get posted. Thanks for your input.

Guest maddycat

Why not take Celebrity's Summit to Bermuda. It's a 7 night cruise. The Summit has recently been refurbished. It also sails out of Bayonne, NJ.

I'm pretty sure RCI's sailing out of Baltimore is 6 nights and involves an extra day at sea, not on the island.

The 6 day is 3 days (ok 2.5) in Bermuda with 1 sea day on each end. The 7 day cruises have the extra sea day.

Not sure if you're tied to RC, but as someone mentioned there's the Celebrity Summit & NCL ship that do 7 days.

At least it's a day and a half, which means an overnight, so at least you won't have to rush, rush, rust to get back to the ship by 5 to sail away. But yes....I think a day and a half is not enough time to enjoy all Bermuda has to offer. But regardless of the destination, I don't like cruises shorter than 7 days. Did 5 day once......too short!

Well last night I was pretty sure I was going to cancel. And then today came...

Maybe I should stay off these boards for a little bit, because now I want to go again. After all, 1 1/2 days is better than none, and I could always go back. It would give me something to look forward to. I'll have a list of things I want to do, knowing I can't do everything, and then just let things unfurl as they may, and enjoy what I can.

As I mentioned, I got a good rate on this sailing. It is an interior cabin, though, so I guess I'll just have to spend more time in the Solarium (please, please, please let us have calm seas!) and wherever coffee is served.

Thanks for letting me think out loud :)

Have been to Bermuda many times, first on a land vacation many years ago (found the nightlife a bit boring then) and later on cruises, both 5 and 7 day ones. We always manage to have a great time on the Explorer and can cram in a lot of Bermuda in that short time period.