Dance Hosts on HAL?

POA1

They were on my 23 day cruise last spring and on the Pacific/Asia Grand cruise this fall. However, from what I saw, if there are not more folks wanting to dance - HAL may question the need. Last time there were several women (maybe 8) almost always ready to dance at busy times, but other times the men had no one to dance with. I know because one of my Trivia partners and I would sit in the Ocean Bar after Trivia on Port days (like 4ish) and one or two of them would come over almost begging us to dance several days. NOTE - THEY WERE VERY NICE ABOUT IT AND TOOK NO THANK YOU as the final answer, but you could see they really wanted someone to dance with. Guess like many jobs, having nothing to do but having to stay there is not a lot of fun after the first day or two. At other times, like before the traditional dinner hours and after dinner they were busy.

In the past, I have been on cruises that there were many, many women wanting to dance with the dance hosts.

The topic of dance hosts reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Out to Sea" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. It was filmed on the old Westerdam. I wonder if they have it in their DVD collection on board HAL ships?

Sad to say but HAL has cut back and now they are only on cruises 30 days and longer.

I remember when they were on cruises of 10 or more days but that was in the early 90's or so. We took a four year break from cruising and when we started back up in 2004 there haven't been any hosts on any HAL cruise up to 14 days.

Edited by Randyk47

The topic of dance hosts reminds me of one of my favorite movies, "Out to Sea" with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. It was filmed on the old Westerdam. I wonder if they have it in their DVD collection on board HAL ships?

Yes, they do! Funny movie!

Sad to say but HAL has cut back and now they are only on cruises 30 days and longer.

Not necessarily Trish; there were no dance hosts on Statendam's 34 Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage in Sep/Oct last year, nor on the 31 Day Incan Empires voyage that followed into early December 2013

Not necessarily Trish; there were no dance hosts on Statendam's 34 Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage in Sep/Oct last year, nor on the 31 Day Incan Empires voyage that followed into early December 2013

Say it ain't so John!! They've gone even longer then. Dang it! :(