Regular onboard entertainment also Improving

jchris1230

I quit going to shows many cruises ago. I refuse to watch performers trying to sing who cannot. I thought the female leads were quite bad.

I've started going again recently. I prefer the Playlist shows. I've only been on Fantasy and Conquest since they started them, but very much enjoyed them on both.

But I don't cruise for shows or even for live bands. I cruise to get to the ports. Entertainment does not make or break a cruise for me.

But, again, I'd rather have NO live music than poorly-performed live music!!

psssst - this thread isn't about the "special" live performances. Can't you folks take that debate to one of the already-existing threads? :mad:

Bring back bands like MUSIC SOCIETY and the like. They used to have the ships hoping.

Music Society is a great party band and one of the best deck parties I've been to is when they played on the Imagination ,that boat was rocking and rolling. But the newer ships do not have the deck space for good deck parties.

Gary

Just about everyone reporting seems to hate the playlist shows. Was hoping they would be discontinued in yesterdays announcement.

It was quite funny the day John Heald asked what everybody thought about the Playlist Productions and the majority said they hated it. He was quite taken back, yet put a spin on it anyway.

Not so sure this is a big improvement.

We were just on the Dream and they have a good cover band with male and female.

Not scheduled to bring concerts to the Dream at least for now so same old will continue apparently.

Hopefully improvements fleetwide will continue and they will stop doing things like having love and marriage show as one evening entertainment.

I hope they they expand both fleet wide as we'll. Expanding beyond the eight shops listed is important.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was quite funny the day John Heald asked what everybody thought about the Playlist Productions and the majority said they hated it. He was quite taken back, yet put a spin on it anyway.

Let's see, he is the senior cruise director for Carnival and the Carnival spokesperson. He puts a positive spin on an existing Carnival product..... Shocking, someone call 20/20.

Let's see, he is the senior cruise director for Carnival and the Carnival spokesperson. He puts a positive spin on an existing Carnival product..... Shocking, someone call 20/20.

Personally, I wouldn't be defending "BAD INFORMATION".

I put that out to JH that most people seemed to hate the playlist shows and he said that he knew that but than said many people like it.

I do think they know they made a mistake with this and hopefully they are in the process of taking steps to improove on it.

We will see playlist for first time next month and will keep an open mind but if it is as bad as most say it is will definitely influence our choice of cruise companies and ships in the future.