Regular onboard entertainment also Improving

jchris1230

This is from the announcement, a lot of people missed this part:

In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year.

“Onboard entertainment is an important part of the overall guest experience when cruising,” said Mark Tamis, senior vice president of guest operations for Carnival Cruise Lines. “With the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, our guests will enjoy an exclusive performance with one of their favorite artists for an extraordinary value. Combined with our enhanced house bands fleetwide, this is just another example of the many ways we are constantly looking to create even more fun and memorable moments for our guests.”

Just bring the bands back to, hopefully, to a point before they cut them.

Dream for example had a good house band with male and female vocalist.

However one night had love and marriage game, another is same old welcome aboard, another night legends no professional entertainment.

So how is this an improvemnt?

Choreographed? I'm guessing corporate will give them the set list, probably some pre-recorded backgrounds to force them play the set list... uggg.

I hate to sound cynical about it. But not sure choreographed and themed is an improvement. A good band needs to be able to read the crowd, improvise, feed off each other. I've seen a couple guitar soloists in recent years who could have been AMAZING if they weren't bored silly being forced into the corporate provided background track and set list.

I truly hope this turns out well. The big name concerts don't really bother me much one way or the other. Hopefully those won't leave the folks not attending at a loss for things to do - if they schedule it right with comedy and other activities it could work. if they leave the rest of the ship quiet and a show doesn't sell much, you're going to have a whole bunch of bored people standing around the ship.

Live entertainment was a big part of what kept us coming back to Carnival in first few years we started cruising so am hoping this will be a step in the right direction.

Choreographed? I'm guessing corporate will give them the set list, probably some pre-recorded backgrounds to force them play the set list... uggg.

I hate to sound cynical about it. But not sure choreographed and themed is an improvement. A good band needs to be able to read the crowd, improvise, feed off each other. I've seen a couple guitar soloists in recent years who could have been AMAZING if they weren't bored silly being forced into the corporate provided background track and set list.

I truly hope this turns out well. The big name concerts don't really bother me much one way or the other. Hopefully those won't leave the folks not attending at a loss for things to do - if they schedule it right with comedy and other activities it could work. if they leave the rest of the ship quiet and a show doesn't sell much, you're going to have a whole bunch of bored people standing around the ship.

Live entertainment was a big part of what kept us coming back to Carnival in first few years we started cruising so am hoping this will be a step in the right direction.

Wonder how long the concerts will be. Hopefully a lot longer than the 30-40 minutes the flyons now do.

What are the nine ships that currently have the live bands? Is there a schedule for the other ships?

Some of the ships I saw listed were: Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, Fascination, Sensation, Paradise, Breeze.....mostly older ships with the exception of the Breeze. The dates start in April and go into December of this year.

Edited by mimxmom

Go to Carnival's website and/or John Heald's blog for all of the information re the bands, schedule, etc. People here waste so much time asking and reasking the same questions instead of going straight to the source. Believe it or not, cc is not THE authority on all things Carnival.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Go to Carnival's website and/or John Heald's blog for all of the information re the bands, schedule, etc. People here waste so much time asking and reasking the same questions instead of going straight to the source. Believe it or not, cc is not THE authority on all things Carnival.

I agree. All this info is easily found.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I can get an answer to a question faster on CC and 9 times out of 10 it will be more reliable than calling Carnival. ;)

Some of the ships I saw listed were: Ecstasy, Fantasy, Imagination, Fascination, Sensation, Paradise, Breeze.....mostly older ships with the exception of the Breeze. The dates start in April and go into December of this year.

I believe you are both referring to the concerts.

This thread was - originally - about the upgrade to the "house bands" on the ships. Todays announcement referred to NINE ships that already have the "enhanced" house bands - which is different than the ships that will host the concerts. :cool:

I agree. All this info is easily found.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

OP, your original post does not list the current 9 ships that have the "enhanced shipboard bands", which is what some posters, including myself, want to know about; not the Carnival LIVE Concert Series. I have already looked and seen the full schedule for the concert series and as it does not pertain to our cruise this year I, among others, are more interested in these "enhanced shipboard bands" which may actually benefit us....

Edited by cruise_gal21

OP, your original post does not list the current 9 ships that have the "enhanced shipboard bands", which is what some posters, including myself, want to know about; not the Carnival LIVE Concert Series. I have already looked and seen the full schedule for the concert series and as it does not pertain to our cruise this year I, among others, are more interested in these "enhanced shipboard bands" which may actually benefit us....

Exactly! :)