Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Rhapsodys last call at Rome is Nov 8th and she sets off on her transatlantic on nov 19th from Barcelona so those dates cannot be for Rhapsody.

Yes there is a 11 days cruise from civitavechia to barcelona the 8 to 19 of november i just book it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes there is a 11 days cruise from civitavechia to barcelona the 8 to 19 of november i just book it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was referring to the comment that Rhapsody was the replacement for legend on the Rome port schedule and I was saying it was not possible due to her leaving Rome on nov 8th. I wasn't saying that the 8th -19th cruise didn't exist.

As you say, everyone has their own opinion of the ships, however as a family, Splendour is our least favourite ship. Radiance is one of our favourite classes :). Saying that, we thought that we'd find Oasis too large - how wrong we were ;). Vision class ships have put us off some of the new Med itineraries - shame as there are a few new exciting ports :(. Btw, the Baltic and Norwegian itineraries are super ;).

Just book the Eastern Med cruise b2b on June 6 and 13 on the Splendour. Going to take a chance and try the smaller ship. We love the two itineraries! We have been to the Greek islands but not Venice or Crete. Only 15 months to go!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was referring to the comment that Rhapsody was the replacement for legend on the Rome port schedule and I was saying it was not possible due to her leaving Rome on nov 8th. I wasn't saying that the 8th -19th cruise didn't exist.

Ah Sorry i miss undestood

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just book the Eastern Med cruise b2b on June 6 and 13 on the Splendour. Going to take a chance and try the smaller ship. We love the two itineraries! We have been to the Greek islands but not Venice or Crete. Only 15 months to go!

Too expensive for an average of 6 hours stop by ports of call !!

Too expensive for an average of 6 hours stop by ports of call !!

It's actually an average of 7.72 hours per port! That is a Lot of time for exploring!!!

You'll love Venice, whichever ship you are on ;).

No.. I think with them replacing NV with the larger LB, they assume that those in NOLA can still drive to Galveston to fill the larger ship.

I think part of it too is the new Emissions Control Areas that take effect next year. I'm sure it costs a lot more money to burn the cleaner fuel all those hours up and down the Mississippi River.

Oh yes I was thinking of that back to back too - we did Venice and Dubrovnik last year and loved them - and would like to try Greece. Have fun!

Most probably the repositioning of Explorer will be done in 3 legs. I'm keeping an eye on when it goes for sale, because I'm interested in especially the 2nd & 3rd leg. Also I hope she will move to Asia after her extensive dry dock, so no work has to be done during the sailings.

I agree that it will be similar to the Mariner relocation. There wasn't too much disruption on Mariner but no construction is better. There is a 'Live from Explorer' thread on the main RCI board right now and the OP was told relocation will be after dry dock. I hope that is correct, but it's always possible dry dock would be cheaper to complete in Asia. Another wait and see.

J

I agree that it will be similar to the Mariner relocation. There wasn't too much disruption on Mariner but no construction is better. There is a 'Live from Explorer' thread on the main RCI board right now and the OP was told relocation will be after dry dock. I hope that is correct, but it's always possible dry dock would be cheaper to complete in Asia. Another wait and see.

J

As the Navigator had her drydock done in the Bahamas I wonder if they have some sort of contract to have the Voyager class ships done there seeing as they are getting a flowrider added.

J

Do you have any idea when the Explorer repo itineraries will be released?

and when is her drydock?

Do you have any idea when the Explorer repo itineraries will be released?

and when is her drydock?

If you read a couple of pages back, a poster in the know posted some of the release dates. I believe Explorer will be released sometime in March.

Dry dock was supposed to be sometime in March 2015 and according to someone onboard now, she will relocate after dry dock. However, that is always up for change...

J

If you read a couple of pages back, a poster in the know posted some of the release dates. I believe Explorer will be released sometime in March.

Dry dock was supposed to be sometime in March 2015 and according to someone onboard now, she will relocate after dry dock. However, that is always up for change...

J

Last cruise out of Port Canaveral will end on March 12, so most probably she will head out to Freeport the same day, and with a dry dock schedule of 1 month, she will most probably start her repositioning mid April out of Miami or Port Everglades.

I've been searching this thread for the deployment schedule and can't find it. I am looking for Hawaii in the fall of 2015. Does anyone now when that should be out? (Vancouver to Honolulu)

A little over a month from now, if they are able to hold the schedule posted a couple weeks ago.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Oh yes I was thinking of that back to back too - we did Venice and Dubrovnik last year and loved them - and would like to try Greece. Have fun!

Greece Islands are fantastic! Mykonos and Santorini are my favorites. Would love to stay a week on each island.