Greece in May or July?

ConnieInNewJersey

My husband and I found a cruise we like and can either go the last week of May or beginning of July.

I prefer to sightsee and hate hot weather. He likes to go in the ocean, snorkel, hit the ship's pool, etc.

Which month would be better for us to take the cruise?

Edited by ConnieInNewJersey

The last week of May is usually sunny and warm enough to swim, but the water is much warmer in July. It depends on the person actually. I swim without problem.

We have a cruise book for the first week of June and I will most certainly swim every single day possible!

You don't usually have enough time to swim in the sea during a Med cruise (so much to see aside from it), so if he uses the pools he should be OK

I prefer the last week of May over July for cruising, besides everything tends to be cheaper.

Edited by Elmartellama

The hell with his snorkelling ;) - sight-seeing in July you will fry.:eek:

And crowds and kids in July too.

Tell him you were told that the water will be just right in May.

Blame it on me, see if I care :rolleyes: :D

JB :)

My husband and I found a cruise we like and can either go the last week of May or beginning of July.

I prefer to sightsee and hate hot weather. He likes to go in the ocean, snorkel, hit the ship's pool, etc.

Which month would be better for us to take the cruise?

If you're referring to this May on the 12 night Med itinerary out of Barcelona on the Serenade, we have a very active roll call. Join us if this is the case. Lot's of great tours planned! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dolfans0704

What should we expect the weather to be mid-April? We've done TA's that time of year, so we'll have clothing for all contingencies with us, but have never been in Athens or Greek Isles then. Booked cruise because we'd prefer the cooler temps for sightseeing (roasted in Istanbul in September) but would love to think there'll be some sunny days? Thanks for any input!

What should we expect the weather to be mid-April? We've done TA's that time of year, so we'll have clothing for all contingencies with us, but have never been in Athens or Greek Isles then. Booked cruise because we'd prefer the cooler temps for sightseeing (roasted in Istanbul in September) but would love to think there'll be some sunny days? Thanks for any input!

Mainly ideal temperature for sight-seeing, perhaps a little chilly evenings. Generally sunny and comfortably warm, but of course you never know what each day will bring. On wet days of course it will feel colder, especially on the ship & you will have the pool - mebbe the whole deck - to yourself.

You'll certainly notice the difference after you've been thru the Straits of Gibraltar.

JB :)

We're sailing on Reflection on May 23 out of Rome. We cruised the Med in the summer once, never again ----it was uncomfortably hot for sightseeing, all the tourist spots were way too crowded, prices were higher, and there seemed to be more Americans around than Europeans. Snorkeling is not something I generally associate with the Med, but if your main focus is touring Europe, I would go with May and hope it's warm enough for swimming/snorkeling.

I was on a cruise last year from mid- to late April departing Athens and doing several Greek isles and Croatia before ending in Venice. The weather was absolutely perfect. Sunny and warm but not hot and with a fresh breeze, it was probably the best weather of any Med cruise I've been on. Almost every evening I ate dinner outside on the rear deck, it was that lovely.

I realize you can't count on weather that perfect, but if you get a few days of it, you'll love it.

We're sailing on Reflection on May 23 out of Rome. We cruised the Med in the summer once, never again ----it was uncomfortably hot for sightseeing, all the tourist spots were way too crowded, prices were higher, and there seemed to be more Americans around than Europeans. Snorkeling is not something I generally associate with the Med, but if your main focus is touring Europe, I would go with May and hope it's warm enough for swimming/snorkeling.

I just booked this cruise! :)

I just booked this cruise! :)

Welcome, hope you found our roll call! Since your DH is looking forward to swimming, check out the thread here on St John's Resort on Mykonos. We're booking with them, it's a day pass to a 5 star resort, and we hope it will be warm enough to enjoy their pool and beach. We're from the Northeast so we won't mind if the water is a little cool. Great itinerary for this cruise, by the way.

Edited by cynbar