bon voyage gifts

cruisin73

Hello all

My parents are sailing on the island princess on 02/15/14. They leave out of LA Califormia. I wanted to get them a gift for sail away maybe cheese and crackers and some wine. Or possibly a flower arrangement. Can I order this through princess or is there a local company I can use in LA?

Here's a link to the Gifts & Services options on the Princess website, including flowers and food packages: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

When we order through Princess, do they send us confirmation by email/mail that we can print out and bring along just in case there is a miscommunication once we are on board?

Thank you in advance, everyone is so helpful :)

When we order through Princess, do they send us confirmation by email/mail that we can print out and bring along just in case there is a miscommunication once we are on board?

You can request an email confirmation. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Also, your credit card statement works too.

Just went through this with Princess. Ordered a gift for my sister. Asked for email confirmation. Did not received so called a second time, still did not receive. After a day or so, called a 3rd time, told the staff I had made 2 earlier requests and did not receive an email. Learned they need to put something in the system to make it happen, 3rd time was the charm.

I cruise Princess myself, don't like to purchase items on line, apparently email confirmation is automatic if item is purchased on line.

You should receive confirmation but no matter what, I always bring confirmation for every OBC or other request. I don't leave anything to chance and make sure I have my documentation handy. I've had OBC not applied too many times to trust even a confirmation. :(

You should receive confirmation but no matter what, I always bring confirmation for every OBC or other request. I don't leave anything to chance and make sure I have my documentation handy. I've had OBC not applied too many times to trust even a confirmation. :(

Thank you everyone!!! :)

If you do send an onboard gift, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are including a note saying who it is from. My husband didn't ask and purchased a gift for his father, who was cruising on his birthday. His father later mentioned that he sure thought it was thoughtful of Princess to send him a cheese plate for his birthday. :cool:

Just have a quick question about purchasing the balcony breakfast as a gift. My good friend sets sail in a couple weeks, and I'm pretty bummed we won't be joining them. This is their first cruise and I'm considering the balcony breakfast as a gift. If I do this, do they get a card on the first day, with the option to pick which day they want to do this? Or do I choose when I purchase?

Just have a quick question about purchasing the balcony breakfast as a gift. My good friend sets sail in a couple weeks, and I'm pretty bummed we won't be joining them. This is their first cruise and I'm considering the balcony breakfast as a gift. If I do this, do they get a card on the first day, with the option to pick which day they want to do this? Or do I choose when I purchase?

There will be a card in their cabin when they first get there (or shortly thereafter) with informaion about calling to pick a day and time. The day cannot be selected in advance.

Edited by caribill

There will be a card in their cabin when they first get there (or shortly thereafter) with informaion about calling to pick a day and time. The day cannot be selected in advance.

That's great thank you! I wanted it to be on a day that was convenient for them, not something preselected.

The Ultimate Balcony Breakfast was the favorite thing we received from a friend who sent us several different things for our December cruise. It was great that we could decide which morning to enjoy it.

The unfortunate thing with some of the other gifts she sent was that they all arrived at our cabin the first afternoon--the chocolate-covered strawberries, shrimp cocktail, and the canapés. It was way too much. Fortunately we were able to save some things in the little refrigerator for later. It was unfortunate that the Princess rep she spoke with misled her into believing that the food gifts would be spaced out on different days.

For those who have preordered items for your own cruises, if you are getting multiples of items (like the strawberries that come with a couple of the packages), how do you let them know that you want it spaced out so all of the food items do not arrive on the same day? Is that even possible? I would prefer to maximize the happiness over the course of the cruise and not get bombarded all at once if possible.

I know the strawberries our TA sends us just arrive in our cabin with no coupon to call room service to order, so a little control would be preferable.

If you are ordering for yourself, there's no need to preorder before the cruise. Just decide once you're on the ship and order from the room service menu. (They're suggesting to give them six hours before you want something.) Here's a photo someone posted of the things you can order:

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/CPcruise/media/Caribbean%20Princess%20August%202008/DSCN1355.jpg.html

Edited by geoherb

Our daughter gave us the balcony breakfast and it was such a treat. Let them know that they can add things to the breakfast, Like juice and choice of fruit, coffee and tea. I also heard you could add other things ( like bacon) if you ask ! But this is a fantastic treat,you parents will love getting it.

If you are ordering for yourself, there's no need to preorder before the cruise. Just decide once you're on the ship and order from the room service menu. (They're suggesting to give them six hours before you want something.) Here's a photo someone posted of the things you can order:

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/CPcruise/media/Caribbean%20Princess%20August%202008/DSCN1355.jpg.html

I get that I can order things while onboard, but there were a few of the packages that included OBC, one with a bottle of wine and another with the coffee cards, that seemed like a better deal to preorder versus buying onboard.

The one that had the coffee card came with strawberrys and the wine package came with a cheese plate. I would like to order a couple of these but dont want the food items to all show up the same day if I can help it.