Packing your carry on drinks in checked luggags?

Medic31525

Hello, my first cruise will be May 26th on the Paradise for my honeymoon. Was wondering if there is room in my checked luggage can I put my carry on drinks such as canned cokes in there, or do I have to bring it along with my carry on bag. Thanks in advance!

Hello, my first cruise will be May 26th on the Paradise for my honeymoon. Was wondering if there is room in my checked luggage can I put my carry on drinks such as canned cokes in there, or do I have to bring it along with my carry on bag. Thanks in advance!

Soda, water, juices are all fine if you have room in your checked luggage. Do keep in mind that when your luggage is scanned these items can be see and your luggage might be opened. And, you could be called to the "naughty room" if it's suspected that you are smuggling alcohol. To the eyes of a scanner a can of coke looks very much like a can of Bud.

It's really easier to do carry on unless you have large amount.

Have you ever seen how they treat checked luggage or how high piles of suitcases are stacked on top of each other?

People do put stuff like this in their checked luggage but no way would I do that! It would be my luck i would open a suitcase full of soda......:eek:

Anything breakable stays with me.......;)

It probably depends on whom you are sailing with. I know on Carnival, the rule is you have to carry it on. I had put my soda in my checked bag, as did my sister. My sister's made it to the cabin no problem. Mine however was taken, and I couldn't get it back until the end of the cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I am lucky to have several cruises under my belt, and on occasion have had a balcony room. It is fascinating to watch all the activity on the pier at embarkation. One thing you should know... checked bags are stacked (maybe 10 bags high) in huge wire cages. These cages are transported by fork lift from the dock to the ship. Personally, I would not want to have bottles of liquids in a bag at the bottom of one of those cages. If you have a hard-sided bag, it probably would be OK, but I would not chance it with a soft-sided bag.

Enjoy your cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I am lucky to have several cruises under my belt, and on occasion have had a balcony room. It is fascinating to watch all the activity on the pier at embarkation. One thing you should know... checked bags are stacked (maybe 10 bags high) in huge wire cages. These cages are transported by fork lift from the dock to the ship. Personally, I would not want to have bottles of liquids in a bag at the bottom of one of those cages. If you have a hard-sided bag, it probably would be OK, but I would not chance it with a soft-sided bag.

Enjoy your cruise!

This was on the dock in Barcelona for our Med cruise (sorry, not a great picture):

erka2s.jpg

And in Vancouver on another cruise:

29wjqrl.jpg