Why doesn't Carnival Resume the 5 night Cabo Cruise?

MrBanana1240

Now with 2 ships year-round from there, why don't they resume that itinerary? The Inspiration could still do the 3 and 4 nights, but it would be nice to see the imagination head down to Cabo, maybe for 2 days and 2 sea days or Cabo and Ensenada and 2 sea days. They use to get lots of business from San Diego on Elation. Each ship can keep the same 4 Night itinerary that they run (Catalina Island, Ensenada and a Sea Day) The problem is, at long beach, only 1 ship can port there at a time. So they could do this:

Sunday- Inspiration 4 night

Monday- Imagination 4 night

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday- Inspiration 3 night

Friday- Imagination 5 night

Saturday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday- Imagination 5 night

Thursday- Inspiration 3 night

Friday

Saturday

Monday- Imagination 4 night

And then repeat.

This is total speculation. But leave your opinion below. I would love to combine a stay in LA with a cruise to Cabo (-;

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

YES PLEASE!! It would be really nice to have that option again. Or if they put one of those ships in San Diego to spread things out a bit. To me, 3 or 4 days is just too short, and 7 is often too expensive to do. Plus, I would much rather go to Cabo than Ensenada, especially in the winter. I still don't understand why they brought Imagination over to run the exact same 3 and 4 day trips...

Oh, and what they could do is do the Cabo runs in the winter, say from the end of October to end of April, and then California coastals in the summer months, visiting Ensenada, Catalina, Santa Barbara, San Diego, and San Francisco or something, maybe 6-7 days or so.

Yes Carnival, use one of the ships for a Cabo run. Love Cabo, We have done Ensenada so many times that I don't even think about booking a 3 or 4 day cruise that goes there.

Maybe we Cabo lovers need to start sending Carnival letters & emails and let them know.

Is Ensenada like the Nassau on the east coast? Nobody seems to like it, or they dont want to get off the ship. I would love to do that 6 day cruise that a poster above mentioned(wings34) great itin. And Ensenada still sounds good to me, since I havent been there before, and I like Mexico very much. I am in eastern Canada, and am slowly getting to a point where I have done pretty much every island in the Caribbean, so a California/Mexico cruise would appeal to me, but the 3 and 4 day ones dont, becasue it costs me a lot in airfare to get to California. I would consider it though, for a 6 or 7 day coastal cruise.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Usually a 7-8 day cruiser, I've reverted to 4-dayers for my last 3 cruises to avoid AIRFARE. I've got the 3rd coming up on the IMAGINATION in a week. I also would like to see another 5-day to Los Cabos.

I'm hoping California's, Nevada's and Arizona's economies can get better in the coming year for Carnival to reinstate the weekly Sunday to Sunday cruise to the Mexican Riviera.:)

I'm hoping California's, Nevada's and Arizona's economies can get better in the coming year for Carnival to reinstate the weekly Sunday to Sunday cruise to the Mexican Riviera.:)

Luckily, they actually still do that on a regular basis, it's just the Miracle now. 7 days from Long Beach visiting Cabo for 2 days and Puerto Vallarta.

Is Ensenada like the Nassau on the east coast? Nobody seems to like it, or they dont want to get off the ship. I would love to do that 6 day cruise that a poster above mentioned(wings34) great itin. And Ensenada still sounds good to me, since I havent been there before, and I like Mexico very much. I am in eastern Canada, and am slowly getting to a point where I have done pretty much every island in the Caribbean, so a California/Mexico cruise would appeal to me, but the 3 and 4 day ones dont, becasue it costs me a lot in airfare to get to California. I would consider it though, for a 6 or 7 day coastal cruise.:)

More like Ensenada is a REAL Mexican city that doesn't cater to American tourists. Ensenada is the largest city in Baja.

Cabo's immediate port area is built up to be like any American town/mall.

It's 'Mexican-ess' isn't too evident until a block or two away.

Ensenada's 'Mexican-ess' is truly in your face once leaving the dock.

Cabo has nice beaches with facilities, not so in Ensenada. There are a few beaches but they are not up to "American' standards.

We enjoy the feel of Ensenada to the feel of Cabo. We always go to port in either town.

What you could do is a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Miracle Sat-Sat (Cabo/PV, 2 days in either port) then do the four day on either the

Inspiration M-F (Catalina, Ensenada) or Imagination S-TH.

11 days, four ports.

Edited by SadieN

Luckily, they actually still do that on a regular basis, it's just the Miracle now. 7 days from Long Beach visiting Cabo for 2 days and Puerto Vallarta.

They used to do it EVERY week a couple years ago Sunday to Sunday, with the SPLENDOR, the PRIDE, the ELATION, and the TROPICALE. Now they don't do it all it in the summer (the Miracle is in Alaska then) and most of the time when not in Alaska they mix in Hawaii cruises and don't do the Riviera very often as they used to.:(

Not in the summertime. The Miracle moves up to Alaska. Wanted to take my Aussie buddy on a cruise when he visits this summer and was shocked that there is no 7 day cruise out of LA in the summer, on any line.

I'm assuming that 5 night cruises all the way down to Cabo weren't profitable. That's A LOT of distance to cover and gas for just one port.

• 4 months later...
Not in the summertime. The Miracle moves up to Alaska. Wanted to take my Aussie buddy on a cruise when he visits this summer and was shocked that there is no 7 day cruise out of LA in the summer, on any line.

Miracle is scheduled to be in Long Beach full time year round next year. Legend is going to Alaska

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

I would LOVE it if Carnival brought back the 5 day cruises to Cabo :-)

I too don't understand why there are TWO ships doing the same itinerary but maybe it's profitable for Carnival?

Another option would sure be nice!

YES PLEASE!! It would be really nice to have that option again. Or if they put one of those ships in San Diego to spread things out a bit. To me, 3 or 4 days is just too short, and 7 is often too expensive to do. Plus, I would much rather go to Cabo than Ensenada, especially in the winter. I still don't understand why they brought Imagination over to run the exact same 3 and 4 day trips...

I agree they should bring back at least one of their ships back to the San Diego port. We miss going out of our home port. Hope now that they re-added Mazatlan maybe, hopefully up next will be coming back to San Diego. :D