Extra C&A Points for singles

you need to call C & A as the system (and they admit it) isn't programmed right to give double points for solo cruising. I had to call in December to get mine. What you got basically was the double points for being in a suite. So call, and the C & A desk will send an email requesting the correction, it will take about 3-7 days, depending on how busy they are.

Go down to "Additional Benefits" then read footnote 14.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Thanks...the "and/or" is confusing me. :) Which is why I never became a lawyer.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

I just looked at my C&A points, and I received 8 points for my solo 4-day in a suite on Liberty 2 weeks ago. I am of the impression that I should get 12: 4 plus 4 more for suite and 4 more for solo.

Has anyone had any experience with this? are the extra solo points added later?

Congratulations. You are finally getting what you paid for (double fare, double points.)

Edited by lady_cruiser

Thanks...the "and/or" is confusing me. :) Which is why I never became a lawyer.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

OK, so all of that's sort of like the Bible of C&A and subject to interpretation. But we really know what it means deep down inside. ;)

All I know is if you call C&A and tell them you didn't get your bonus point, they will apply it immediately if you get the person with the ability to change it, or they will send an email to her and it will be changed within 48 hours, probably less.

I know this from experience.

Gina

Huh? Everyone else here seems to think I should receive 12 credits. Why are you congratulating me for 8?

I think you misunderstood me. I did not say how many extra points you should get because you cruised in a Jr. Suite or above. All I said was that it is nice that Royal Caribbean is finally giving "extra" points for the solo traveler.

I in no way said that you should get less points than you paid for.

I think you misunderstood me. I did not say how many extra points you should get because you cruised in a Jr. Suite or above. All I said was that it is nice that Royal Caribbean is finally giving "extra" points for the solo traveler.

I in no way said that you should get less points than you paid for.

Obviously not your intent, but it's hard to measure tone in written words. If you were to read a sarcastic tone into what you wrote, I can see how the OP might have misunderstood you.

In 2012 and 2013, I cruised solo in a Junior Suite both times and received two points per night. That was the rule back then, I was just hoping they changed it to three per night, solo, JS.

They did...it went into effect late last year...Sept. I think...but sometimes it takes a bit of effort to actually get the "3rd" point credited...calling C&A usually takes care of the problem...

They did...it went into effect late last year...Sept. I think...but sometimes it takes a bit of effort to actually get the "3rd" point credited...calling C&A usually takes care of the problem...

It was Oct. (4th I think) 2013. I cruised solo in a JS in Oct. and Nov. The 3 points per night were applied to my account about a week after each sailing. Unfortunately, the extra points aren't retroactive;)

It was Oct. (4th I think) 2013. I cruised solo in a JS in Oct. and Nov. The 3 points per night were applied to my account about a week after each sailing. Unfortunately, the extra points aren't retroactive;)

Thanks...I knew it was sometime last fall...just not positive when...since I've not had the pleasure of cruising solo since the new policy went into effect...soon though...I hope!:)