Divina, Jan 18-Feb 1!!

camofwilliamsburg

You can afford to buy your drinks with these prices! I am diamond on RCI with free drinks in the lounge from 5-8 pm and I pick MSC to go on!

MSC shows are the best, you will be spoiled.

MSC graciousness is felt the moment you step onto the ship.

MSC has the most beautiful ships, with Divina being over the top beautiful!

MSC is a wonderful cruise line with heart and soul unlike so many other lines.

Spot on, you are so right about heart and soul. Totally different atmosphere:)

We just booked (last minutes) for the sail next week (March 1-8, 2014). This will be our first time on the MSC Divina, so we are reading up on all of the reviews. We just want to get away, disconnect from the office for awhile, so if we don't have ice in our water (like one of the posts we saw in a different review), it's still perfectly fine :) We will be driving to the port, still trying to locate a safe parking garage. If you guys have a good, safe parking garage, please recommend.

Edited by Florida Beach

OF course they have ice in the water, as well as in the ice tea! They do not serve water with ice in European cruising since you will notice the non -Americans on board drinking bottle sparkling water. We are a fascination to others about our need for cold water I guess and tap water!!

You also get an ice bucket in your cabin which will be filled with ice!

I would use any of the park and go lots. My friend parked in the port parking thinking it was free if she had a handicap card in the car. Since she had some leg surgery her doctor gave it to her. She read that the port parking was free if you had this. But the kicker was: she read this in October for the cruise in Jan and never checked it out again. Why would anyone recheck? So she parked and got hit with a $280 parking bill ( she did the b2b too, 14 days at $20 a day!!) They changed their rules Nov 2013 and never put any signage about it in the garage!

Other friends found a shuttle service to the park and go for a lot less, I think they said 6.99 per day!

Enjoy your cruise.

Pointers: The pasta is always wonderful. Go to the back of the buffet for international food. They do serve lunch even on port days in the MDR. Make sure you eat there the day they have coconut shrimp as an appetizer and get many portions and skip the entree.

Order the lasagna, the eggplant and the zuchini dishes. Make sure you eat their panna cotta , it is the best. If you ask the waiter on Baked Alaska night for which flavors they have, he may be able to find one that has the flavors you want. WE wanted one with pistacio and coconut. He found it.

Their Baked Alaska is the best! Not the usual flavors of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. On the second of the b2b cruises, we got rum raisin and butter pecan.

Go to ALL of the shows.... they are better than words can describe.

DO not miss the Opera night. They have the most wonderful singers, but they have added fantastic dance routines with beautiful costumes.

Their shows are a feast for the eyes. ENJOY!!!!

OF course they have ice in the water, as well as in the ice tea! They do not serve water with ice in European cruising since you will notice the non -Americans on board drinking bottle sparkling water. We are a fascination to others about our need for cold water I guess and tap water!!

I would use any of the park and go lots. My friend parked in the port parking thinking it was free if she had a handicap card in the car. Since she had some leg surgery her doctor gave it to her. She read that the port parking was free if you had this. But the kicker was: she read this in October for the cruise in Jan and never checked it out again. Why would anyone recheck? So she parked and got hit with a $280 parking bill ( she did the b2b too, 14 days at $20 a day!!) They changed their rules Nov 2013 and never put any signage about it in the garage!

Other friends found a shuttle service to the park and go for a lot less, I think they said 6.99 per day!

Enjoy your cruise.

Pointers: The pasta is always wonderful. Go to the back of the buffet for international food. They do serve lunch even on port days in the MDR. Make sure you eat there the day they have coconut shrimp as an appetizer and get many portions and skip the entree.

Order the lasagna, the eggplant and the zuchini dishes. Make sure you eat their panna cotta , it is the best. If you ask the waiter on Baked Alaska night for which flavors they have, he may be able to find one that has the flavors you want. WE wanted one with pistacio and coconut. He found it.

Their Baked Alaska is the best! Not the usual flavors of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. On the second of the b2b cruises, we got rum raisin and butter pecan.

DO not miss the Opera night. They have the most wonderful singers, but they have added fantastic dance routines with beautiful costumes.

Speaking of the MDR, I know that they serve lunch each day, even on port days, but do they serve lunch on Embarkation Day? We always looked forward to lunch in the MDR on Embarkation Day on all the Norwegian ships, and I was just wondering if you knew if the Divina was following that pattern as well.

camofwilliamsburg, Just wanted to say your posts and reviews have been one of the most informative and balanced on the threads for the Divina. Thank you for all of your help and advice. I sailed in December on Divina and could not add much more to your reviews and comments. Will be on B2B in March again on the beautiful Divina.

Speaking of the MDR, I know that they serve lunch each day, even on port days, but do they serve lunch on Embarkation Day? We always looked forward to lunch in the MDR on Embarkation Day on all the Norwegian ships, and I was just wondering if you knew if the Divina was following that pattern as well.

Not they didn't serve it on my sailing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the pointers. We can't wait to experience Divina :)

Hi Cruiseguys2009,

One of the main dining rooms is typically open for lunch on Embarkation Day.

Regards,

What is the power on the boat? is there a need an adapter?

can we book a transfer to the airport at the end of the cruise

Where I can eat the embarkation day?

Thank you.

Hi saphir,

There are both European and American outlets on board MSC Divina.On embarkation, the buffet and the dining room are typically open. Here's a link to tours that are available that end at the airport: http://*******/1dqoaI8.

Regards,

There are adequate plugs. Our electronic toothbrushes just needed a few hours and held a charge for the ipad to recharge and some other electronic. We had no problems.

Outstanding review Cam. Sailing on the Divina Sept. 13. We have sailed the Opera and the Poisia. (twice.) We were on a Poesia sailing with you a few years back.

Love MSC too.

Joyce

There are adequate plugs. Our electronic toothbrushes just needed a few hours and held a charge for the ipad to recharge and some other electronic. We had no problems.

Just have to remember when you leave your room power shuts off and no outlets will charge devices. If you want to charge devices while your out of the room, take something that is room key size and put it in the key holder. Tell your room steward if you do this, as they will not come into your room to fix it up, as the light on the outside will be on. Someone mentioned there is a do not disturb make up room card in the Guest book, mine did not have one.

I found out the hard way as my room was not made up one day. I asked the girl and she said that was their policy of not disturbing guest if the light was on.

Edited by Bosjoe

Hi;

I am on a b2b sailing a week on Sat. What is the earliest we can head off the ship and into Miami as we were hoping to get a full days shopping at dolphin mall. I read 11am to get ready to leave ship but then you had to go back on. When I read on my iteniary we got to port at 7am I assumed we could leave not long after that. Any help would be appreciated!

Nicole

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi;

I am on a b2b sailing a week on Sat. What is the earliest we can head off the ship and into Miami as we were hoping to get a full days shopping at dolphin mall. I read 11am to get ready to leave ship but then you had to go back on. When I read on my iteniary we got to port at 7am I assumed we could leave not long after that. Any help would be appreciated!

Nicole

Hiya,

We were able to leave the ship around 8am and pick up a cab to Ocean Drive. Not hassle just walked pass the luggage pickup showing the B2B cards given.

PS - Hi Cami, hope you are well.

Thanks! This is my first cruise ever so learning as I go. So those people disembarking will be given times to leave but those of us staying on the ship can leave anytime after it is at the port and as you explained show a card stating we are returning for another week?. Thanks

Thanks! This is my first cruise ever so learning as I go. So those people disembarking will be given times to leave but those of us staying on the ship can leave anytime after it is at the port and as you explained show a card stating we are returning for another week?. Thanks

Nicole, let me be one of the many to welcome you to Cruise Critic. Have a blast anticipating your sailing. Questions? There is a myriad of answers from all of us who have sailed once to hundreds of times.

Navigate the waters of Cruise Critic and become a part of the journey of all of us. Anticipation is the most incredible part of a cruise vacation. Otherwise there would be no need for Cruise Critic. Most of all, enjoy your journeys. Have fun. But also, with every drink in hand, keep your....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMWP_e95OTzJ5xnSkJ1IOGWGNAJYmLFRovUwircxgSsJXI3XCs4A

Wave your Pinky at NEG-A-TIV-A-TY!