Info please re taxi barcelona airport to apt .

Us Two

Hi, Would like to know if you think taxis would be plentiful or hard to get from bcn aiport to (address ) Serria-st . Gervasi. I beleive its near Ave Diaganol.Please excuse spelling .

If you know that area, also how much should we be charged, 4 people 4 cases and some hand lugguge. Will appreciate your help. Oh, we arrive Mon Sept 29th.....Thanks.

Hi, Would like to know if you think taxis would be plentiful or hard to get from bcn aiport to (address ) Serria-st . Gervasi. I beleive its near Ave Diaganol.Please excuse spelling .

If you know that area, also how much should we be charged, 4 people 4 cases and some hand lugguge. Will appreciate your help. Oh, we arrive Mon Sept 29th.....Thanks.

Taxi's are lined up and waiting at BCN....Also make sure to have your exact address/spelling written down to show the driver.

4 pax & 4 large bags might be an issue...the cars are smaller in Europe...there should be some vans at the airport as well though...but they cost a bit more.

Cab service in Barcelona is first rate ! Clean cars, affordable flat rates from/to the airport. The drivers do charge an extra fee for the bags.

As stated, have the hotel NAME & ADDRESS written down on a piece of paper you can give the driver. Most do not speak English, or know very rudimentary English.

Enjoy Barcelona...it's a great town !

:)

4 pax & 4 large bags might be an issue...the cars are smaller in Europe...there should be some vans at the airport as well though...but they cost a bit more.

Cab service in Barcelona is first rate ! Clean cars, affordable flat rates from/to the airport. The drivers do charge an extra fee for the bags.

As stated, have the hotel NAME & ADDRESS written down on a piece of paper you can give the driver. Most do not speak English, or know very rudimentary English.

Enjoy Barcelona...it's a great town !

:)

My highlight ^^^

This is not true. If a taxi driver tries to charge you extra for bags you can report him and he could lose his licence.

The price of a taxi from the airport to the city centre is about €25-30 (it is not a flat rate but it is metered). There is an extra charge of €2.10 if you have one of the larger 'van' taxis that take up to 6 people.

You can pre-book a private transfer which would be about €50 (€70 for a larger vehicle).

Edited by RollieUK

We will definatly have the right address written down, good idea. So you think there will be lots of taxis, no waiting around .

We were given a price of e75 from the people where were staying( apt complex) a Mercedes van seats 6, we are 4,and luggage. That seems really steep to me.In Can funds thats $118 :eek:, I mean, thats 1 night accomadation!!!

This is not true. If a taxi driver tries to charge you extra for bags you can report him and he could lose his licence....

Sorry, that's not correct. They do charge for each piece of luggage in the trunk; it's called a supplement.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/transport/taxi/how-does-a-barcelona-taxi-driver-add-a-supplement.html

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100

http://barcelonando.com/transport/barcelona-taxis

The information on those pages is out of date. From January 2013 the allowable supplements are

Airport entry and exit

Port entry and exit

Fira de Barcelona exit

Sants station exit

Special nights like Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve

Free and mandatory are luggage, wheelchairs, guide dogs and baby carriages

These are the same in 2014 except that they have now added a supplement for the larger taxis carrying 5 or 6 passengers

Here is a link to the official 2013 taxi fares chart taken from the official Barcelona taxi website

2013 taxi fares

To confirm here is an email I received from the Instituto Metropolitano del Taxi (IMET). This was before they introduced the 5 or 6 person supplements in 2014

. Good morning. In Barcelona there is now NO suplemets extra for luggage.and NO per person. You ought to report these acts because it is a problem that affects you and us

To confirm here is an email I received from the Instituto Metropolitano del Taxi (IMET). This was before they introduced the 5 or 6 person supplements in 2014... . Good morning. In Barcelona there is now NO suplemets extra for luggage.and NO per person. You ought to report these acts because it is a problem that affects you and us

I can confirm that we were charged no luggage supplement in Barcelona (3 months ago). :)

Good to hear on both counts. I can't tell you how dismayed we were a few years ago when the cabbie started racking up the extras - calling a cab from a hotel (supplement) and luggage (supplement supplement supplement!). What a drag. :(

Good to hear on both counts. I can't tell you how dismayed we were a few years ago when the cabbie started racking up the extras - calling a cab from a hotel (supplement) and luggage (supplement supplement supplement!). What a drag. :(

You do pay extra if the hotel calls the taxi. This ranges from €3.40 to €4.50 depending on time of day and day of week.

The fares chart that I posted a link to will be displayed in every taxi. If the driver tries to charge you a supplement that is not on the chart point to the chart. If he still insists then make a note of his licence number and get a receipt. You can then report him here

It is a good idea to always ask for a receipt. They tend to stick to the rules more if they have to document the charge.

As you can see from the email I received the honest taxi drivers want the few dishonest ones reported.

The taxi fare was 28 € + tip from the airport to our B & B a block from the Columbus Statue and near the port.

The taxi was small and we would not have been able to get any more luggage in than ours. I do not see how 2 couples could share. There may be a larger taxi but there were none at the stand when we were there. Make sure you have a written copy of your hotel/destination address to give the taxi driver; ours spoke little English and like you were were not going to a well know hotel.

You can take the public Aerobus [6 € per person] from the airport to Placa Catalunya and you can handle your luggage on the metro. We did not want to do this and felt the cost of the taxi was well worth the convenience.

I will say a few things about taxi fares here. Taxi fares are set by the city. There is a surcharge for entering/leaving the airport and the cruise port. [4.20€] So, a trip from the airport to the ship will be whatever is on the meter plus 8.2 €. [i would guess around 32-35 €] There is also a surcharge for pick-ups before 8 am and after 8pm. They is no longer a charge for each piece of luggage.

edit to include poster of fares:

untitled_zpsde717cfb.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

• 2 weeks later...

ok yes there are plenty of taxi's but like someone else said 4 people with at least 4 luggages in a taxi, i don't see it happening as someone mention the taxi cabs are small in europe so u would have to take a van,,, do your research, i would book a transfer you could find for about 40 - 50 euro.. cabs yes its about 30 to 40 euro so we opt to take bus cause we were 2 people so our cost was benefit was only 12euro versus cab of 30 - 40 but since your 4 people at 40 -50 that would be about 10 - 12 euro each which is benefit..no need to drag luggage on the bus... bust like i said plenty of cabs at airport but for 4 people with luggage??? there are vans there but don't know the cost that is why i would check and book the pick up you can check and see viator site for pick up from airport what there cost is.....hope this helps enjoy barcelona is very nice...just word of advice beware pick pocketers,,, carry vrry littlle on you no nap sack on the back carry everything facing your chest...no purses or cmeras over shoulder they actually pull and run and work in teams...