Boarding late

workstocruise

We are sailing for the first time on Marina to FP in April and on a charter flight that arrives close to 9pm. By the time we get through customs and catch a taxi to the pier it will be quite late. Will there be any place open for a quick bite or is room service our only option?

We are sailing for the first time on Marina to FP in April and on a charter flight that arrives close to 9pm. By the time we get through customs and catch a taxi to the pier it will be quite late. Will there be any place open for a quick bite or is room service our only option?

At that time of night, Room service would be the only option.

The FP cruises are VERY different from other itineraries.... late/early charters, no priority boarding (some exceptions), accommodations & luggage issues etc...the logistics of the larger cruise ships is a strain in this part of the world. The fact you are on an O charter it is quite possible O will extend the Terrace dining hrs for those passengers. There is always room service. I haven't read any posts reg this particular issue.

We are on the cruise before you, I will try to post info then. The information from previous cruises are varied and not consistent..

Being aware of these glitches, that seem to be plaguing this itinerary, will help you be better prepared.

On the Jan 15 FP cruise, the 9 pm plane was a little early but deplaning, customs, and luggage claim did not take that long and we were on the ship by 9. Embarkation was very well organized and went quickly in the Marina Lounge and the Terrace was still open for dinner. Also, Air Tahiti served a dinner (not great) and snack during the flight with free wine and beer so no one was famished unless they skipped all and did not eat in LAX but yes there was still time to eat on the ship after arrival and getting a drink or food was something to do while waiting for the luggage. We did not use O transport to the ship so were in and out of airport in a private taxi very quickly.

Thanks everyone. Since we are on a charter, I would guess the whole plane will be heading to the ship so it would be nice to be able to grab a snack. Yes,we will get something to eat on the plane, but you know what that's like. We do not have O's transfers.

Seems to me that if they're bringing in a charter that is arriving late, it would be easier for the ship to open one of the restaurants for you ... even if it's a casual meal. (Terrace would be my thought.)

Having all of you calling for room service at the same time could be burdensome to THAT kitchen.

It's an interesting question, one that I've never encountered before.

Mura

Seems to me that if they're bringing in a charter that is arriving late, it would be easier for the ship to open one of the restaurants for you ... even if it's a casual meal. (Terrace would be my thought.)

Having all of you calling for room service at the same time could be burdensome to THAT kitchen.

It's an interesting question, one that I've never encountered before.

Mura

The Cruises to FP have been challenged in a few key areas...the OP has pointed yet out another, my guess is O will accommodate. We will start seeing posts from CC members who are returning from the January & Feb. sailings:confused: