New Commercial

rdler

I had to love that new commercial Carnival is running. It has four lovely young children, having just met at the beginning of the cruise, bonding with a slide down the sliding board linked together. It looked so fun, that my son if we could do that next time we travel with his cousins.

"No," I had to confess. "They only allow one person down at a time. Liability issues."

It is a great commercial, but just wrong. I have to wonder if any folks from the c-wing in Carnival's Miami office have ever traveled with them.

My husband and I noticed that too, "they don't allow more than one person down a slide at a time, let alone 4." Now people that saw the commercial will go on a Carnival cruise and demand their kids can go in multiples down the slides :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I can understand your point. I can see kids wanting to that. however, I also watched the father of the bride (love that movie) on tv today and one scene they had kids driving cars and sliding down the banister. things like this will always be shown. kids just need to know there are rules (and laws lol)

I think the new commercial is very funny. At the bottom of the screen if you look carefully there is a discliamer "Unless you're a professional bobsledder only one person may go down the slide at a time". I'd love to see a professional bobsledder challenge that.

That's interesting. I didn't see that disclaimer. Nor did I suspect that those children were professional bobsledders-- they looked young enough, I suppose, but not strong enough, say, to break out of a Russian bathroom.

But the disclaimer kind of adds to my point: Why air a commercial with a tag line that says, in essence, "Forget it. This was all B.S."

I think it's a great commercial to coincide with the Olympics. The last child even jumps on last just like the pusher on a bobsled. Kids see things on TV all the time that they shouldn't do in reality. I never found it too hard to tell my kids, or now my grand kids, NO you can't do that.

My new favorite on tv! FYI they do show at the bottom of the screen 1 rider at a time.

Wow..that must FINE print. I've watched the commercial 1/2 dozen times and never noticed. My grand daughter watched and yelled, I want to do that, I want to do that. Uh-oh. :eek:

She's 3, we're just waiting until she's 42 inches. :D

I agree cute commercial but my 7 & 9 year olds saw it and both started saying they were going to do that on our cruise in a june. They don't read disclaimers at this age...I had to explain it was done for a commercial but not allowed in real life. Kids were a little upset but understood it was done as an Olympic tribute. (Sigh)

Wow..that must FINE print. I've watched the commercial 1/2 dozen times and never noticed. My grand daughter watched and yelled, I want to do that, I want to do that. Uh-oh. :eek:

She's 3, we're just waiting until she's 42 inches. :D

Yes its in very light blue lettering and you have to be looking for it. Like another said kids see stuff all the time. Doesn't mean they are gonna do it. Just because a car ad shows a driver speeding crazy doesn't mean I will either.

Great eye catching commercial. However, really bad to show children doing something that is not allowed. I paused the screen to read the fine print about one rider at a time unless you are a professional bob sledder. Again, this is really misleading. I can already see some drunk red necks going out of Galveston saying "you ain't gonna tell my boy he can't do that - watch your commercial". And this gentleman will have a valid point.

It’s showing kids doing something that’s not allowed to do. Kids will take this as fun and let’s not forget some of the intoxicated people saying…let’s do this. We all know some kids on ships run wild with no supervision.

I had to love that new commercial Carnival is running. It has four lovely young children, having just met at the beginning of the cruise, bonding with a slide down the sliding board linked together. It looked so fun, that my son if we could do that next time we travel with his cousins.

"No," I had to confess. "They only allow one person down at a time. Liability issues."

It is a great commercial, but just wrong. I have to wonder if any folks from the c-wing in Carnival's Miami office have ever traveled with them.

Your right how cute.

I think it comes down to insensitivity on Carnival's part. Why show a commercial aimed at kids that shows kids having incredible fun on an activity that is strictly prohibited?

What if they had filmed a commercial of the kids at the Atrium Bar in gowns and suits sipping martinis with a faded disclaimer saying "Kids can only drink if they can prove they are old souls"?

What if they had a commercial for adults showing an empty lounge chair, right by the pool and next to the bar with a towel or a sandal or an apple on it. The lighting changes from morning to dusk. The tag line: "Your lounger, your throne," with the faded disclaimer, "Chairs may only be reserved for 30 minutes."?

Come on. Carnival should be above this.

It was probably just ignorance on Carnival's part. At a kid's camp, us adult sponsors had our own pool time for 15 minutes during the day, and it had a waterslide identical to the one on that commercial. We would ride one immediately after another (not bobsled style, but jumping on instantly after each other). The kids couldn't see us doing it, but we were still made to stop, as it set a bad example. The kids couldn't see us, and we weren't kids, and we still needed to stop. This commercial is seen by kids and it features kids doing it. Not too smart. It probably will cause many kids trying to do this on the ships, and it will almost certainly cause many more adults trying to do this. But I won't get too worked up about it. It's still a cute commercial. But I still never noticed that disclaimer.

Edited by k2excursion

Good grief... I thought it was a great commercial. Yes I noticed what was done, but come on. You tell your kids sorry buddy, not allowed and that is it..

This!There are tons of commercials that aren't realistic. My little ones saw it and had no reaction. So I'm not worried about any hearts broken should they remember a commercial from months ago and try to mimmick it.:rolleyes:Go your tail down there one at a time like every water slide or inflatable you've been on or get off. End of discussion.

Remember "Mom got air!!" ? Another not possible. But meh, it's a commercial. It's what they do. Currently there's one commercial where where they're driving their car on top of a train. And guess what, sorry you are also going to have to explain to your pee wee footballer he cannot run onto Lambeau Field and score a pretend touchdown.