Suggestions on Hotel near Rome Airport (FCO)

Portafella

Disembarking Eurodam at Civitavecchia 4/29, our flight out of FCO to CDG leaves at 6:55 AM on 4/30 (for connection back to SFO), suggestions or recommendations on hotels near Rome airport will be appreciated.

:)HS

Literally right at the airport is a Hilton. We've never stayed there but friends have who had an early morning flight like yours. It worked for them and they recommended it to us for our upcoming trip. Our flight is at 11:20 AM so we're going to stay in Rome.

C&R, thank you! I'll check it out.

:)HS

Might add that they liked it especially since it meant no early morning taxi or transfer. I don't know the layout of the airport that well but they led me to believe they literally walked "across the street" to check in to their flight. Made for a lot less stress that morning.

... led me to believe they literally walked "across the street" to check in to their flight.
Looks like it might be 1/2 mile to the nearest terminal, 3/4 mile to the farthest ...

1180rqe.jpg

Edited by jtl513

We have stayed at the Hilton Hotel at FCO (Rome airport) several times before a morning flight. I wouldn't call it "right across the street" from the terminal but it is certainly close by. It's an indoor walk from the hotel to the terminal. My recollection is that the last time we stayed there, we had to walk to the main terminal, then catch a bus to another terminal to check-in. We were then bussed back to the main terminal to catch our flight. Give yourself at least 2 - 3 hours before your flight for check-in, immigration and security.

Looks like it might be 1/2 mile to the nearest terminal, 3/4 mile to the farthest ...

1180rqe.jpg

I was being cautious with the description of "right across the street", it was mentioned in passing a few weeks ago when we talked to friends about our upcoming cruise which ends with us staying a few days extra in Rome. They mentioned the hotel and easy access to the airport but it wasn't discussed in detail as we're staying in Rome and have a later morning flight so not moving to the airport the night before.

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at FCO. It has free shuttle 24 hrs a day to the airport. We liked the hotel very much. Hope you have a fun and safe trip.

Good to know.

We have stayed at the Hilton and it is a little tired, but adequate. IIRC we did walk but it was a hike and it was very, very hot in the bridge.

The Sheraton was a lot closer and I wish we would have stayed there, but I have no idea what it is like.

We have stayed at the Hilton and it is a little tired, but adequate. IIRC we did walk but it was a hike and it was very, very hot in the bridge.

The Sheraton was a lot closer and I wish we would have stayed there, but I have no idea what it is like.

We stayed at the Sheraton overnight about three years ago so as to be close to the airport. It was fine but very spread out in two apparent complexes. To get to use the internet we had to travel to the other place by shuttlebus. Perhaps that has changed by now.

Ozcruizer

We have stayed at the Hilton at the Rome Airport at least 3 times, booked again this coming October.

They will shuttle you to the airport in the morning, make arrangements in advance, they do not pick up at the airport.

The hotel is located at a fairly long walk way, we have walked it a few times. My DH is 82 so we now pay to take a taxi the short distance from the airport which costs about $25 minimum flat rate, but with 2 suit cases and carryons it is worth it to us.

The Hilton also has a free shuttle which will take in to the center of Rome that runs all day long, if you are interested in going into Rome for some sightseeing.

The Hilton is a airport hotel, not cheap about $300 a night.

Other options is there is a Hilton Inn and a Marriott in the area. We have not stayed at either. Do believe the Hilton Inn has a shuttle, have seen it at the Hilton Airport hotel. The Marriott charges for its shuttle.

We have stayed at the Hilton Hotel at FCO (Rome airport) several times before a morning flight. I wouldn't call it "right across the street" from the terminal but it is certainly close by. It's an indoor walk from the hotel to the terminal. My recollection is that the last time we stayed there, we had to walk to the main terminal, then catch a bus to another terminal to check-in. We were then bussed back to the main terminal to catch our flight. Give yourself at least 2 - 3 hours before your flight for check-in, immigration and security.

Security for USA and Israelie flights out of Terminal 5 involve 3 different security checks, does take time as the above poster noted. We always plan for a 3 hour check in process when we are flying back to the USA from Rome.

If we are flying somewhere else in Europe security is not as tight - different terminal used. Sometime we elect to fly from Rome to Paris on Air France, especially leaving from San Francisco, we can get a direct non stop flight to Paris and on to Rome on Air France.

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. We were happy.

But here is what we did notice about the Hilton. It often seems to have a huge white banner outside advertising rooms at 89/99 Euro. Last time I saw this I checked the web....rates were not available on the web. I suspect that this is a special walk in rate or direct call rate when they have lots of availability. Might be worth checking it out.

I suppose it all depends on what you would call a "hike". I've stayed at the Hilton and found it to be very convenient. Maybe a 5 minute walk - all covered. The hotel was perfect for a 6:30 AM flight. Plus, they have a free shuttle to downtown Rome so you can get one last evening in as opposed to just sitting at the hotel.

I made room reservation at Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport yesterday. Thank you all for the feedback and helpful suggestions!

Great! Glad we were able to help. Have a fantastic cruise. We're like 83 days out as I type this so we'll be right behind you. :)

We stayed at the Hilton and took advantage of the bus service into Rome for the couple days we stayed there. We also had to get up early and you can walk or set up a shuttle which is very comforting to know with such an early flight.

My favorite thing about this hotel (I don't know if it's visible from the others) is being able to see the big Leonardo da Vinci statue greeting everyone entering the airport.

Hilton FCO is great, join hilton honors and you probally will get an upgraded room. Stayed there this fall. If you have time the shuttle into Rome is great. Since you are flying into Paris, you will go to the regular

boarding area, unless you are coded a u s airline.

Hilton FCO is great, join hilton honors and you probally will get an upgraded room. Stayed there this fall. If you have time the shuttle into Rome is great. Since you are flying into Paris, you will go to the regular

boarding area, unless you are coded a u s airline.

Our AF flight departs FCO 6:55 AM, 30 Apr. - Terminal 1, for CDG. Do we really need 3 hrs for flight check-in, security and Customs clearance? This is our first time at FCO. Is Terminal 1 a regular boarding area?

Check-in time at Hilton Garden Inn FCO is 3 PM. We could consider a half-day excursion around Rome on disembarkation day, 29 Apr, prior to hotel check-in. Our cruise transition day, 22 Apr. is also a good day for us for Rome excursion.

Our AF flight departs FCO 6:55 AM, 30 Apr. - Terminal 1, for CDG. Do we really need 3 hrs for flight check-in, security and Customs clearance? This is our first time at FCO. Is Terminal 1 a regular boarding area?

Check-in time at Hilton Garden Inn FCO is 3 PM. We could consider a half-day excursion around Rome on disembarkation day, 29 Apr, prior to hotel check-in. Our cruise transition day, 22 Apr. is also a good day for us for Rome excursion.

At least on this leg you're staying within the EU so supposedly it's a little easier to get through whatever security/immigration/customs there might be. I guess if there's a downside it's that you're going out of T1 which, if I read the map correctly, is the furthest from the hotel. We'll be flying out of T5 for a non-stop to Charlotte so I'm guessing we'll go through a bit more security with the majority of the immigration/customs stuff in the US.

We have also stayed at the Hilton Garden, it is a shuttle ride away. Suggestion take your cases to the hotel, and then catch the shuttle to Hilton and go downtown. The shuttle will return you to the Hilton where you can pick up the shuttle to your hotel the Garden. NOTE, if you have an early flight out let the front desk know early so and make sure they

put you down for that time period. You won't be able to check in for your flight for 2 hours before departure. However, if you wait until then, there will usually be a big que. Also note that they don't post area to check in until 2 hours before, but most pax will know where the airline checks in. Ask around. Also, the airport won't be too crowded at this early time.