Back to back to back - Equinox in October

GITC

Hi folks.

My wife and I are now booked on B2B2B cruises on Equinox this fall; 2 Mediterranean cruises preceding the TA to Fort Lauderdale. (12, 13, & 14 nights respectively)

We booked the first two and then noted how much cheaper the TA was so added that one. We're wondering now, though, whether being on the same boat for 39 days and 3 itineraries is going to be too much. We're guessing that, for example, entertainment likely won't change much (or will it?) and that menus might be the same way. Not sure what other aspects might start to get a bit monotonous but I think you get the picture.

We're booked into the same cabin for all three (C2) so there's no hassles there in having to move. The first two cruises are pretty port-intensive as are the first few days of the TA so the thought of a relaxing back end sailing to Fort Lauderdale isn't discouraging.

I know it sounds a little silly coming onto a cruise-related board and asking whether all this cruising is too much but we're just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on my foregoing rambling.

Have not done 39 nights but have done 28 & 30 would have gladly stayed on longer. The menus repeated every 14 days, entertainment changed regularly until the TA and obviously the 5-6 days at sea we had the same entertainers😊.

Here's my two cents, for what it's worth. It will be a long time before my husband and I either have the time or the money to have to worry about whether we should take a cruise like yours. :)

We just spent 10 days on the Equinox on our first Celebrity cruise. We could easily go back on for another 10 days and occupy ourselves. We enjoyed all of the activities we participated in and weren't able to make it to a lot more that we wanted to try. If we were you and we ran out of new things to do on the ship, we could always sit and read a book in one of the beautiful locations we found onboard.

I say Go For It and enjoy yourselves.

My husband and I are on the second and third parts of your B2B2B this fall. Last fall we did a B2B on the Eclipse and were onboard for 27 days and spent 3 nights in Portsmouth before the cruise. We had a great time and weren't anxious to get off. I think you will be fine and have a fantastic time. The transatlantic has great ports of call and then we get to have seven days at sea. We have been on the Eclipse two times and the ship was great. The other plus is you will gain one extra hour of sleep for five nights as we cross to Ft. Lauderdale. Hope to see you onboard.

Hi folks.

My wife and I are now booked on B2B2B cruises on Equinox this fall; 2 Mediterranean cruises preceding the TA to Fort Lauderdale. (12, 13, & 14 nights respectively)

We booked the first two and then noted how much cheaper the TA was so added that one. We're wondering now, though, whether being on the same boat for 39 days and 3 itineraries is going to be too much. We're guessing that, for example, entertainment likely won't change much (or will it?) and that menus might be the same way. Not sure what other aspects might start to get a bit monotonous but I think you get the picture.

We're booked into the same cabin for all three (C2) so there's no hassles there in having to move. The first two cruises are pretty port-intensive as are the first few days of the TA so the thought of a relaxing back end sailing to Fort Lauderdale isn't discouraging.

I know it sounds a little silly coming onto a cruise-related board and asking whether all this cruising is too much but we're just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on my foregoing rambling.

Hmm, over a hundred views and only one reply? (Thanks, Maz_1)

Nobody else with an opinion? :rolleyes:

I read your original post earlier but did not reply because that is the sort of thing that is almost impossible to predict for someone else.

Some people can cruise for months on end without getting tired of it.

For others, 7 days on a cruise ship is too much.

Most of us are here on Cruise Critic because we love cruising, but many people do not feel the same way that we do about it.

So those of us who post here are admittedly very biased.

Of those who enjoy taking B2B2B cruises for extended periods of time, some like to stay on the same ship the entire time, while others prefer to mix it up, changing ships and cruise lines to experience different food and entertainment and decor.

They may choose a large ship for one segment and a small ship for another.

As for whether or not you will enjoy spending 39 days in a row on the same ship, I wish I could give you the correct answer but I honestly haven't the slightest idea.

Edited by varoo

My longest cruise was 17 nights, so not sure I can help here,except to say if you fully do the med ports the TA will be a nice way to recover. There will be repeats of food and entertainment. Personally I like a cruise going somewhere as opposed to beginning and ending in the same port. It seems more exciting to me. TA's have always had so much to do that I have never been board on one.

If menu changes and entertainment changes are important to you, you could catch a different line for the TA or the first med cruise.

You seem to be a thoughtful planner, you probably already considered this. :)

Sounds fantastic :) the only thing I would do if it were me (and sadly it's not) is to not eat in the MDR every night. I would take a look at the menu in the afternoons and see if it appeals and then chose MDR/Bistro on 5/Buffet/speciality restaurant and even room service as alternatives.

Even towards the end of a 14 night cruise I sometimes get a little "fooded" out, sitting down to several courses each night. That way you could go to the MDR the nights you miss, in the subsequent cruises and you wouldn't have as many repeats :)