What would you do?

DREAMGIRL2012

Just a heads up if it's not too expensive, you could take the Amtrak Autotrain from Sanford (outside Orlando just off I-95) to Lorton, Virginia on the way home (check prices though). I 'm just thinking of an alternate route for you after the cruise if you don't want to drive all the way back to Rhode Island.

Have a great time!!

That is a GREAT idea! Taking the train is much less stressful and the fact that your car goes with you is an added benefit!!

You did the right thing. We sailed the Breeze last month and our kids almost missed the boat due to flight delays out of Chicago. They did not board until after 4:30 pm and the boat was supposed to leave at 4pm. They got lucky because there was a Carnival group that flew into Miami late and they delayed the sailing for them.

Have a safe trip....you will Love the Breeze!![/quote

This will be our second sailing on the Breeze. We do love it!

Thank you.

Good luck, glad you made it all the way to North Carolina now. It's an easy drive to Florida here. Carnival Breeze, what a great cruise you have waiting for you in Florida! Enjoy!

Just a heads up if it's not too expensive, you could take the Amtrak Autotrain from Sanford (outside Orlando just off I-95) to Lorton, Virginia on the way home (check prices though). I 'm just thinking of an alternate route for you after the cruise if you don't want to drive all the way back to Rhode Island.

Have a great time!!

We plan on having the car shipped home while we are on the cruise. We will put it out to bid once we arrive in Miami. Thank you for the suggestion.

We have four cabins booked on the Breeze for this Saturday the 15th and got the dreaded automated message that our flight had been cancelled. We live in the New Alaska AKA Massachusetts. It is impossible to get a flight out and arrive before the boat leaves. At 11 AM today we decided to drive. If you have watched the news you know we are driving in some pretty bad weather. Will we make it??? We packed up the car at 4pm and the adventure began.

I would have done the same thing. you should be fine. just be careful! Have a great cruise

We plan on having the car shipped home while we are on the cruise. We will put it out to bid once we arrive in Miami. Thank you for the suggestion.

What a great idea!! You are on the ball!! You can still use your return flight and dong have that long ride after your amazing, relaxing cruise!

Enjoy!!

Still laughing about the "New Alaska"! So true for many of us in the northeast!

Sent from my DROIDX using Forums mobile app

Edited by ibcnusoon

What a great idea!! You are on the ball!! You can still use your return flight and dong have that long ride after your amazing, relaxing cruise!

Enjoy!!

Still laughing about the "New Alaska"! So true for many of us in the northeast!

Sent from my DROIDX using Forums mobile app

Thank you.

This winter seems to be longer than most. I think I am going to walk south with a snow brush in one hand and not stop until someone asks "What is that thing you are holding". That will be my new home.

This winter seems to be longer than most. I think I am going to walk south with a snow brush in one hand and not stop until someone asks "What is that thing you are holding". That will be my new home.

Thats why I left Connecticut for Arizona!!:D.. Anyway best of luck getting to the ship. Hoping for a safe drive and a great cruise for you guys you certainly deserve it!! We are pulling for you guys all the way out in AZ.

We are now is South Carolina. We stopped for a quick breakfast. We are all getting a long still. Very little sleep but in very good spirits. One of the other couples is in the air and will be in Miami by noon. The other couple managed to get a flight to West Palm and will arrive tonight around 11. Things are looking good for all of us.

Thank you for all of the encouragement. My turn to drive. I will update later.

We are now is South Carolina. We stopped for a quick breakfast. We are all getting a long still. Very little sleep but in very good spirits. One of the other couples is in the air and will be in Miami by noon. The other couple managed to get a flight to West Palm and will arrive tonight around 11. Things are looking good for all of us.

Thank you for all of the encouragement. My turn to drive. I will update later.

Even though you had to get there the hard and unplanned way, you did the right thing under your circumstance. I would never have thought to ship the car home. That will be costly, but a wise thing too and worth the cost. I can't imagine driving back after the cruise. You will look back on this as a memorable event. My daughter lives in Pepperell, are you from near there?

I like the idea of shipping the car home too!

Make sure you eventually get in contact with USAir to make sure you still have a return flight. I've heard about returns being cancelled if outbound flights are not flown. Of course, they are the ones who cancelled, but I'd still make sure to contact.

So glad you're going to make it!!!

I like the idea of shipping the car home too!

Make sure you eventually get in contact with USAir to make sure you still have a return flight. I've heard about returns being cancelled if outbound flights are not flown. Of course, they are the ones who cancelled, but I'd still make sure to contact.

So glad you're going to make it!!!

Yes call. I've had this happen.

Even though you had to get there the hard and unplanned way, you did the right thing under your circumstance. I would never have thought to ship the car home. That will be costly, but a wise thing too and worth the cost. I can't imagine driving back after the cruise. You will look back on this as a memorable event. My daughter lives in Pepperell, are you from near there?

Pepperell is two towns west of me. I live in Tyngsboro. The cost to ship the car back is less than what we paid for the airfare so it ended up being a less expensive option.

This will be a great cruise.

Thx

Pepperell is two towns west of me. I live in Tyngsboro. The cost to ship the car back is less than what we paid for the airfare so it ended up being a less expensive option.

This will be a great cruise.

Thx

wait , you are still flying home right? Thats why you are shipping the car back, so you can fly home.

so you drove there (add gas), you shipped your car home and you are flying back... how is this less expensive? not sure I get it