How Soon After Final Payment Do You Get Your GTY Revealed?

helen haywood

I booked in September for a 3/29 cruise. Cabin was assigned about 50 days out. I got my doc packet this week. I hope they don't change the cabin on us! We did an inside guarantee and got a nice inside on deck 9 (Century) surrounded by other cabins. We could have been a lot worse off, although time spent in our cabin is pretty minimal.

I booked an inside Gty for a cruise on June. I got assigned to a OV cabin about a month later. I was very happy but then I noticed the price had gone down. When I called X they told me that if I wanted the lower price I would have to be put back in the Gty pool and I would loose my OV.:rolleyes:

I booked an inside GTY back on January 19. Final payment was today. X's site showed a GTY until two days ago when it showed I had OV cabin 3106. Today I am back to having a GTY. How soon will I find out what my cabin assignment is? I realize its an estimated guess....

Are you saying they gave you a OV then took it away?!:eek:

We got ours within a week of booking (last month) final payment is 4th April, (although it was 14th Feb for our TA, owned by RCCL) there has been a price drop but I didn't take it because we are delighted with our allocation and I was told that we would have to go back in the pot if we took the drop but would keep our allocation if we didn't. I would be very annoyed if they change my cabin after I've given up a price drop to keep it! :(

Edited by DebbieMacG

I'm curious about that, too. We are departing on Constellation 2/27 (Our first cruise). This past week we switched from OV to balcony GTY. TA says we may not have cabin assignment til we check in, but based on what Ive read, it seems like most people find out sooner. How are you usually notified? Through TA, online docs, mail?

Well, my original question pertained to the inside GTY I had booked. I did, in fact, see on the Celebrity site under My Cruises, Manage Your Cruise, that I had been assigned an OV, cabin 3106. I was happy with that! Then the next day when checking I see that I'm back to inside GTY. I didn't think it was worth calling X or my travel agent....I was sure X would just say it was a mistake or I was hallucinating.....

Then the day after that I did see that I had been given inside cabin 8169. I wasn't so happy about that; I had been hoping for an inside on Deck 3. But I certainly understand you get what you get with a GTY.

However, the price has dropped on Balcony GTY to less than what I saved on three price drops on my inside GTY so I paid to upgrade to balcony GTY. So now I'm back to waiting again to see how long it takes to get my new cabin assignment!

I'll keep you posted.

I just checked my reservation online - and lo and behold - we now have a room number... 8014. I'm pretty sure I checked yesterday and it still said GTY, so hopefully it will stick. 12 days to go - will let you know if anything changes!

I booked an upgrade GTY and got my assignment that same day. On the other hand, I booked a recent AQ GTY 4 weeks from sail date, and didn't get my assignment until 3 days before sailing.

Did you get a better choice of cabin after such a long wait?

Thanks.

Did you get a better choice of cabin after such a long wait?

Thanks.

Yes, in fact, we did. We got 2150 which is on the angle with a huge balcony. Funny thing we shocked our stateroom attendant and his assistant because we had the exact same stateroom 3 weeks earlier for the transatlantic. They were surprised to see us again. As Yogi Berra would say, "It's deja vu all over again." :D :D