Celebrity beverage package increase in 4 days!

whatevergoes

Did the price rise actually happen? Having brought soda packages a couple of days ago for our cruise in August I was a bit non plussed to receive an email today suggesting we book to save money??:confused:

The basic soda pkg price looks like it didn't change. I booked ours @ $7.00/day on Feb 11 for our April cruise. I'm in there now and it's still showing $7.00/day, even though the following message is listed on the selection page:

Save 14% by booking pre-cruise before Feb. 18, 2014

I'm not sure if that's because I already have the pkg purchased, but it lets me select it and proceeded to the next page (where it tacks on the 15% tax) as though it would let me add it again.

It's confusing, to be sure. It acts like there should be a new price but it still seems to be using the pre-2/18 price (for the basic soda pkg, anyway).

I just checked the prices as well (today, Feb. 20), and Celebrity's web site still says:

"Save up to 14% by booking pre-cruise before Feb. 18, 2014"

And the prices shown are still the "lower" pre-cruise purchase prices.

Par for the course for Celebrity's web site I guess. :p

I just checked the prices as well (today, Feb. 20), and Celebrity's web site still says:

"Save up to 14% by booking pre-cruise before Feb. 18, 2014"

And the prices shown are still the "lower" pre-cruise purchase prices.

Par for the course for Celebrity's web site I guess. :p

Sadly it's not just Celebrity. Cruise Line websites seem to universally suck.

I just received an email from Celebrity (today, Feb. 21) telling me there is "still time" to buy beverage packages before our October cruise; the email had a link to the beverage package page advising me that I could save money by buying "before Feb. 18, 2014."

So if anyone missed the real Feb. 18, there may still be time! :)

Roohound, sorry you are having so much trouble getting through to Celebrity. I was so very frustrated myself! I stayed on hold once for 1 hour 27 minutes, from the Cayman Islands where I live. I tried for 2 weeks to get through. Nothing worked. I had good luck calling the "call me back at this time feature". They put me right through. I told the operator how shocked I was to talk to a human being. I am not a picky person, and hopefully would never be rude, but Celebrity needs to fix this problem. I would suggest calling the "call me back" again. This was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck to you.

Roohound, sorry you are having so much trouble getting through to Celebrity. I was so very frustrated myself! I stayed on hold once for 1 hour 27 minutes, from the Cayman Islands where I live. I tried for 2 weeks to get through. Nothing worked. I had good luck calling the "call me back at this time feature". They put me right through. I told the operator how shocked I was to talk to a human being. I am not a picky person, and hopefully would never be rude, but Celebrity needs to fix this problem. I would suggest calling the "call me back" again. This was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck to you.

I guess that is one of the advantages of having a travel agent. They talk to the cruise line for you. Our travel agent has always taken care of these details for us. Also, they get through usually right away.

I guess that is one of the advantages of having a travel agent. They talk to the cruise line for you. Our travel agent has always taken care of these details for us. Also, they get through usually right away.

Don't know if that is true! My TA was on hold for almost an hour this weekend (I was waiting on the other line) and we finally gave up!

Not when your TA doesn't know the rules. My TA said if we were going upgrade both of us had to upgrade. I had to call Celebrity myself to upgrade just me.

We can't get the 1-2-3 GO package for my brother even though the cabin was upgraded to an oceanview cabin. We went through crucon.com - they won't do it and celebrity said the cabin qualified. Now the rate has gone up and not sure what we can do with this situation. Celebrity says we need to work with the TA. And crucon.com as the TA is not working with us. any suggestions?

We can't get the 1-2-3 GO package for my brother even though the cabin was upgraded to an oceanview cabin. We went through crucon.com - they won't do it and celebrity said the cabin qualified. Now the rate has gone up and not sure what we can do with this situation. Celebrity says we need to work with the TA. And crucon.com as the TA is not working with us. any suggestions?

When is the cruise? Can you still cancel and rebook?

If the price that you have is any kind of special pricing than you will not be able to get the 123 Promo (resident, senior, etc.) I would think that they would allow your brother to pay the higher current price and get the 123 Promo. You have to pay the current rate for your cabin in order to add the 123 Promo.

The bottom line is that I would think they would allow him to add the Promo as long as he pays the current price. I suspect this might be causing be confusing your brother because your TA would certainly understand the conditioins.

Good luck.