RCL Website Down

I was getting this for awhile. Then I cleared 'History' on the browser and the web site worked great. Easy fix.

Arrgg..... Checking prices by booking worked great last night after clearing the browser history. This morning the same problem is back.... :mad:

My problem is solved. After 15min call to RCI seems they amended my booking and changed my booking number. Good if them to tell me :).

So using the new and correct booking number the RCI site is working like a dream . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been able to get the RC website to behave correctly since probably Sunday. I always get; we are experiencing high volumes of customers at this time. Please call your cruise vacation planner".

RC needs to get their website together. If I were a new customer, I would have given up and probably either booked via a TA or just a different cruise line altogether.

:o

I have not been able to get the RC website to behave correctly since probably Sunday. I always get; we are experiencing high volumes of customers at this time. Please call your cruise vacation planner".

RC needs to get their website together. If I were a new customer, I would have given up and probably either booked via a TA or just a different cruise line altogether.

:o

I saw the same thing when I went to the website looking for prices for 2015 Alaska cruises with the FireFox browser. Then I tried it with the Windows Internet Explorer browser and it worked fine. :confused:

My problem is solved. After 15min call to RCI seems they amended my booking and changed my booking number. Good if them to tell me :).

So using the new and correct booking number the RCI site is working like a dream . :)

Last night I got a call from RCI asking if it was o.k. to change by booking number, and once that was done, I was able to check in and get my Set Sail Pass. The insanity of this was it took 11 days for their IT/Resolutions staff to figure this out.

I've been having issues on and off all week (except for when I made my final payment - of course it works fine then :)). I've been trying to change to My Time Dining but I get an error message every time I try to do that.

I've been having issues on and off all week (except for when I made my final payment - of course it works fine then :)). I've been trying to change to My Time Dining but I get an error message every time I try to do that.

Just call them. For some reason, certain bookings are having problems being accessed via the web interface.

I have only cruised once before and that was with Costa and even though their boats hit things they did have a good online service. Online is often your first encounter with a company now. And these ongoing unexpected booking changes and IT issues is not giving me a sense of confidence in RCI :). Im sure the cruising part will be a whole lot better :)

Updating there 1950's computer. Any discounts will go away, hopefully customer will not notice. If they do stonewall, put them on hold and go to lunch, maybe the customer battery will go dead.

For such a large corporation royal computer system is a piece of junk, royal should invest some wow factor into there computer system.

I have only cruised once before and that was with Costa and even though their boats hit things they did have a good online service. Online is often your first encounter with a company now. And these ongoing unexpected booking changes and IT issues is not giving me a sense of confidence in RCI :). Im sure the cruising part will be a whole lot better :)

If I have to choose between the ship hitting something and a few booking quirks... I'll take the IT issues, hands down. :rolleyes:

I have tried clearing history, still not working.

Attempting to check pricing for a new reservation, and I never get past the "your cruise" screen to get to cabin selection.

I also thought you could change your cabin in your reservation. Has this option gone away recently, or is it likely due to some of the website issues?

Try deleting your RC cookies. I was having the same problem - could not get to the cabin selection when trying to book. On the advice of another poster, I went into my browser (Safari) and deleted only the RC cookies. After that, it worked for me.

On changing your cabin in our online reservation…I don't know! Never tried to do that!:o

Judy

Website seems to be completely down at the moment. No matter what section you try to access, including the main homepage it says:

OOOPS...LOOKS LIKE ROYALCARIBBEAN.COM IS ON VACATION

Working fine for me. Just kidding!

You would think that they would have a more robust and reliable site this day and age. :confused:

I got that too. Promptly snagged the MP4 they're using for that screen so I can use it for a desktop background.

Haha Darkwolfe. Ok, I snagged the MP4 too - it even has the sound. How do I make it my background? I'll google it too.