Oceana-bathroom size

the english lady

OK

We have done a 2 day mini cruise on Oceana ,and hated the size of the cupboard, that they seemed to think was suitable to be called a bathroom. This was in a normal balcony cabin.

If we went up to a mini suite it says you get a bath, so I am assuming they are a more sensible size. This would be for a longer cruise so that is why I am trying to go larger.

Also how does Oceana ride the seas?

Also what are the plus minuses of the mini suites forward compared to the mini suites aft. cannot quite work out the balconys on the aft ones?

I would try and find the answers on the search facility, however that appears dead, hence me asking you very clever people..

OK

We have done a 2 day mini cruise on Oceana ,and hated the size of the cupboard, that they seemed to think was suitable to be called a bathroom. This was in a normal balcony cabin.

If we went up to a mini suite it says you get a bath, so I am assuming they are a more sensible size. This would be for a longer cruise so that is why I am trying to go larger.

Also what are the plus minuses of the mini suites forward compared to the mini suites aft. cannot quite work out the balconys on the aft ones?

I would try and find the answers on the search facility, however that appears dead, hence me asking you very clever people..

The bathroom on the side mini suites have a separate bath and shower and the toilet and wash basin are in a separate room, with access from the hall. They are big 3/4 times bigger than a standard cabin.

The rear facing mini suites have the shower over the bath. I have heard them described as the biggest minis in the fleet. They have bigger balconies also. The cabins are also a very good size. However the side balconies are a little narrow.

With regard to Oceana and the ride, I was pleasantly surprised how well she coped coming back last Tuesday/Wednesday. That was in a force 8/9. It all depends on the direction of the wind. The Captain did say it would not be as good if we were going in the opposite direction. You will remember Oceana did not leave on Thursday as planned. A wise decision, given the horrendous weather of Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oceana was built originally for Princess cruises for short 7 day cruises around the Caribbean and not for P&O. That is why the cabins and wardrobe/draw space are relatively smaller than other cruise ships. For the reason that she was designed for Caribbean long trips in rough seas was not a primary concern in her design.

Edited by shilly3191

Travelled in a mini suite at back of Oceana last year. Bathroom was large with separate toilet from basin, bath and shower. Cabin itself was excellent and balcony larger than normal due to fact it was on the back with a suite next door. I just wish I could afford mini suite on every cruise.

OK

Hello,

I have had a mid ship mini suite on Oceana, & whilst very nice if I had done more research I would definitely have gone for an aft mini suite.

I understand that the aft suites are a different configuration, but you get a much larger balcony as opposed to the small narrow 'cut out' style mid ship one.

The bathroom is off the bedroom with a jacuzzi bath & a separate shower. There is another door which leads to the WC & hand basin. The WC can also be accessed from a separate door as you enter the mini suite.

I've also been lucky to have a aft full suite C749 on Oceana & that's FAB!!:)

I've (hopefully!) attached some pictures of our mini suite. Having looked at them again then I would say that the layout & bathroom is pretty much the same as a full suite (midship) that we had on Azura.

Hope this helps.

jpg.gif 100_0291.JPG (11.1 KB)

jpg.gif 100_0292.JPG (9.9 KB)

jpg.gif 100_0294.JPG (12.6 KB)

jpg.gif 100_0297.JPG (15.7 KB)

100_0291.JPG.a06655d78f227ff64a37675695d1bec2.JPG

100_0292.JPG.8970d9f3353d594279d1b546a7827f7f.JPG

100_0294.JPG.cb97a1005b3ff854fa6f9a2d560f5c35.JPG

100_0297.JPG.ce638689af7d56b8e2632096852def30.JPG

#We have a Superior balcony booked on Ventura - it says there is a bath and shower does anyone know whilst we are on the subjects of bathrooms ! wether the shower is over the bath or on it's own? ours is E Deck 731 very end one aft - balcony looks interesting on that one too !

We have sailed on oceana twice, and had 6 very rough nights, with force 9/10 winds. On both occasions we have has C746 Orion Suite at thievery back. Last year we got friendly with the couple who were in the mini suite next door. We had a look around and have to admit, it is an extremely large mini suite c744, with a nice sized bathroom and good balcony, with wonderful views over the wake. We both said we wouldn't mind having that mini suite. You will also benefit from other treats including canapés each night. The suites and mini suites at the rear of oceana are much much larger that those mid ship and if you get a chance of a mini or a suite at the aft, I would definitely recommend going for it.

With regards the ride, when it was rough we went back to suite and lay on the bed and rode the storms out, yes we could feel and hear the waves hitting the front but so what.

The only other thing to bear in mind that when Oceana is manoving into port you do tend to hear and feel vibrations from the engines but it only last a few minutes.

Hi There,

If you telephone P&O revervations - you will be able to find out the square footage of the bathrooms.

With regards to coping with heavy seas I have done four transatlantics on Oceana - never a problem. Indeed I would rate Oceana and the other Sea Princess class ships as excellent sea boats !!!!!!!!!

What I will say is, we've been on Oceana. In April, if you're going anywhere near the Bay of Biscay, go as low as possible. Oceana is horrid in bad weather. I don't know if this is true, but I heard that Oceana is the worst ship in the British market for bad weather. Take this in to account according to where you are going and when - otherwise you might be in for QUITE a trip I know that from experience. I was on the deck above the lifeboats (deck 9) and it was horrible, nearly everyone was throwing up (luckily not me) but then again, I am good with motion. But yeah, that's pretty much it.

Aft minisuites on Oceana, especially C747 and C744 are our favourite cabins on any ship - well apart from the two C deck suites! Those two aft minis are large with huge balconies - far superior in our opinion to the midship ones which are like two balcony cabins joined together which is why they have long narrow balconies. We had 10 people our on the balcony of C747 and there was room for more!

What I will say is, we've been on Oceana. In April, if you're going anywhere near the Bay of Biscay, go as low as possible. Oceana is horrid in bad weather. I don't know if this is true, but I heard that Oceana is the worst ship in the British market for bad weather. Take this in to account according to where you are going and when - otherwise you might be in for QUITE a trip I know that from experience. I was on the deck above the lifeboats (deck 9) and it was horrible, nearly everyone was throwing up (luckily not me) but then again, I am good with motion. But yeah, that's pretty much it.

Do not believe everything you are told. Most of it is made up on the spot.

Aft minisuites on Oceana, especially C747 and C744 are our favourite cabins on any ship - well apart from the two C deck suites! Those two aft minis are large with huge balconies - far superior in our opinion to the midship ones which are like two balcony cabins joined together which is why they have long narrow balconies. We had 10 people our on the balcony of C747 and there was room for more!

Were you on the cruise? I had a drink ready for you. I ended up having to drink it myself.

Can you arrange not to be on our next one as well and I will keep you a drink then as well. :) :) ;)