Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Writing a big review is a ton of work. But, in the end it's very rewarding. I know I was just going to be thankful if a few people viewed mine.

The stamina to make it to the end is the hard part. And 3 weeks after our cruise when I was still spending hours on the computer every night and my wife is saying, "Are you still writing that thing about our cruise?", that's when you just have to push through to the end.

Really enjoying your review. Even though I'm over a year away from Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I saw promotional photos or videos of Central Park, I got the impression it looked a bit closed in, because of the high balconies on each side. It doesn’t feel that way when you are actually on it. It is much brighter down at the ground level than I imagined; it really just has the feel of any traditional park, perhaps without the amount of grass you might normally see. However in terms of trees, plants and the landscaping, I think it would put many a conventional park to shame. I love this place and my original thoughts that it was going to be a gimmick are completely unfounded. It is a huge asset and my favourite spot on the ship.

Central Park is like as an open air Royal Promenade running exactly the same length - between the forward and aft elevators. Each is best thought of as a main artery, not just for accessing a venue located on either, but to move from one end of the ship to the other: for example the Opus Dining Room or the Windjammer to the aft; or the Opal Theatre or Solarium located forward. I reiterate what I said earlier; best never to use corridors to travel the length of the ship between the two sets of elevators. Always make your way to Deck 5 or Deck 8 and enjoy what either has to offer as you traverse them. My preference was Central Park, possibly because it is a new innovation and so beautiful, with new things to spot every time, because there are, arguably, 12 different routes that can be taken.

Day4Interiors067_zps61ec517d.jpg

I will do the same on this deck as I did on Deck 5; take you along one side then back along the other. We are starting near the aft elevators.

Looking to the right we see Rising Tide bar behind the three and to the right is 150 Central Park…

oasisday2090_zps78f07428.jpg

However we will go down the other side first…

Again directly in front is the Rising Tide bar and to the left Chops Grille…

Day5Oasis046_zpsf3818da1.jpg

All the eateries on Central Park have seating outside…

oasisday2096_zpsee87f398.jpg

As we keep left, heading forward, next up is the Trellis Bar…

Day5Oasis131_zpsd175d41c.jpg

All these photos of Trellis Bar are from the reverse angle

It seemed to be either virtually deserted or very full…

oasis2203_zps439dc8e7.jpg

oasis2202_zps5ea33971.jpg

Next up is Park Café…

Day5Oasis128_zpsc4b74ab0.jpg

Open for lighter breakfasts from 7.30am. Lunch, and snacks, including the famous Kummelweck rolls also served until 6pm…

Day5Oasis130_zps3f01eb71.jpg

Then Picture This, the photographic shop…

oasisday2098_zps0b29589e.jpg

Followed by the Parkside Gallery for Art purchases out with the frequent “champagne” art auctions…

CPDayGallery_zps9a17188f.jpg

We turn back on ourselves as we near the forward elevators and head back along the opposite side.

First up is Vintages, the upmarket Wine Bar offering more exclusive wines including Wine Flights...

oasis2186_zps8bae56cc.jpg

Tapas are sold on an a la carte pricing basis and I must confess, if there was a menu I didn’t see it and I don’t have it. So much for the title of my review! Mendacity is something I strive to avoid, but this was a genuine oversight…

oasisday2056_zps91c2dc7c.jpg

Edited by megacruiser

Finally we come to 150 Central Park with Rising Tide bar to the right…

DSCF4826_zps576936e2.jpg

Getting closer…

Day5Oasis137_zps78ac3e75.jpg

Now a view from the other side…

Day5Oasis044_zpsfff63314.jpg

Rising Tide Bar is located between 150 Central Park and Chops.

oasis2145_zps387d6382.jpg

That’s it for tonight folks. However, early tomorrow I hope to upload quite a few more general pictures of Central Park to try give the scope of its diversity and beauty and in particular the changes at night. I will briefly touch on Dazzles again, the only other venue on Deck 8. After that will be Day 6.

I have been doing this review constantly now for 12 nights and am only half way through the totality to be uploaded. Can I ask a favour of all those who are following, but lurking. Please take one minute to log on, press the reply button and type “Following”. That way I get an idea how much interest there is.

Much appreciated.

Continuing to... follow!

On the Central Park map there is a "retail store" next to the Parkside Gallery. Is this the location of the Coach store? We believe it used to be MK, but recently switched to Coach.

Honestly, I don't know the difference between Coach and MK... but my 16 y.o. daughter certainly does!

Continuing to... follow!

On the Central Park map there is a "retail store" next to the Parkside Gallery. Is this the location of the Coach store? We believe it used to be MK, but recently switched to Coach.

Honestly, I don't know the difference between Coach and MK... but my 16 y.o. daughter certainly does!

I believe it is coach but during the watch sale sometimes they sell MK watches :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

First up is Vintages, the upmarket Wine Bar offering more exclusive wines including Wine Flights...

Tapas are sold on an a la carte pricing basis and I must confess, if there was a menu I didn’t see it and I don’t have it. So much for the title of my review! Mendacity is something I strive to avoid, but this was a genuine oversight…

]

Hi megacruiser, when you said "tapas sold on ala carte pricing" do you (or somebody else) have any idea of the pricing? They are not complimentary?

And megathanks for your megareview! I am enjoying reading it!

oasisday2098_zps0b29589e.jpg

Followed by the Parkside Gallery for Art purchases out with the frequent “champagne” art auctions…

CPDayGallery_zps9a17188f.jpg

We turn back on ourselves as we near the forward elevators and head back along the opposite side.

oasis2186_zps8bae56cc.jpg

oasisday2056_zps91c2dc7c.jpg

A new day dawns and a review of last night postings once again reveals an error. The following post disappeared into the ether - well my own lack of concentration more than likely means I did something wrong and tiredness, rather than incompetence, is getting the blame.

Anyway, the following should havebeen posted between post 379 and 380.

Moving on we come to Giovanni’s Table, the family style Italian speciality restaurant, where I ate on Day 6.

oasis2201_zps8c5e34eb.jpg

This is positioned opposite Park Café in the middle of Central Park. The circular paved area in between is like the town square and is the social heart of Central Park. People sit here awhile chatting, some play scrabble or dominoes, others just enjoy having food from Park Café and relaxing in the fresh air.

oasis2200_zpsb9e9ec2a.jpg

Incidentally, Central Park is very sheltered because of the balconies each side, so even if windy outside, I would imagine the walkway area would barely be affected.

Thank you so much for this review! It's just what we needed during this cold snowy weather we have been having.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope it has given you a warm glow.

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser