How's the coffee?

J_Viggy

I am surprised they seem to have cut back on the amount of coffee and having to specify a caraffe for 4..

I am both a coffee snob and "who cares" unless it is too weak or just beyond bitter. Sometimes the old-fashioned perculator Foldgers type is so good to me...reminding me of neighbor visits in the 70's and 80's ranching days or having late coffee with friends in old country cafe's.

I think the coffee from room service was always the best with cream on vacation lol..some say it is better now but serving less...hmmmm.

I am in the camp of sticking some easy add hot water method for your room and these new Starbucks deals sound good...just in case. some folks like those international coffees and use them as creamers on vacations..and bring a little treat to spice it up..favorite alcohol airplane size..(but that may be getting too much trouble)...added to coffee.

Whatever you want to do to splurge...but I found after relaxing in my room and daydreaming with the free room service coffee caraffe..the extra cash was better for a drink now and then and I loved mixing the lemonade and tea from the lido for an "Arnold Palmer" rest of the day....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

On Ecstasy in November, the coffee was horrible in the buffet but good in the MDR. I bought coffee in the coffee bar a lot on this cruise.:eek:

On Splendor last month, the buffet coffee was much better, on par with the MDR. It was good enough in the buffet that I did not have to go to the coffee bar on this cruise.:cool:

Perhaps Carnival got a new brand of coffee for the buffet for 2014 sailings.:confused:

• 1 month later...

The coffee onboard is nasty! Even the coffee at the coffee bar isn't strong enough and that's with extra shots of espresso. Wish I could bring my Nespresso, but I guess I'll bring the Starbucks Via to add to the coffee instead.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm a self professed coffee snob. I actually like the coffee Carnival provides. Now it might just be that it tastes better when I don't have to make it and it gets brought to my room every morning. For some reason, my after dinner coffee in the MDR goes really well with what ever dessert I'm having that night.

I do have 1-2 speciality coffees every day just because I like them and I'm on vacation. I don't do that at home but I always have fresh coffee on hand because I do like my coffee.

Can you please define coffee snob? Trying decide if I am one too!

I know this may sound odd, but when we were on the Glory, they had Goldish things the coffee came out of and it was TERRIBLE! It tasted tinny! We've been on the Pride, Miracle, and Splendor and the coffee came out of not a goldish container and it was fine! I bring along powdered flavored creamer and add a little bit of that. The coffee is fine...I have never bought the specialty coffee's and I have survived. I may have to try one my next cruise...

Dunkin Donuts coffee is what I usually drink, with cream and splenda. I suppose if I add enough cream anything can taste good lol.

I drink D&D coffee the same way as you and I usually skip the coffee on the lido and drink it here and there in the MDR. It definitely doesn't taste like D&D, but it's bearable with enough cream. I do buy some specialty coffees, but usually like a caramel latte or an iced coffee. It's a lot stronger coffee than D&D there, more like Starbucks.

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my first post. I am a coffee drinker. I start every day with a cup or two and drink it throughout the day as well. I have to say, I drank a lot less on the ship. The coffee wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was not like some where all you taste is the paper filter, but like it was powdered coffee and the mix was different each time. I don't put anything in it, so I could tell it was different at each dispenser. The coffee that was delivered to room service was better than from the machines, and the coffee after dinner at the MDR tasted like the coffee on lido. I like peoples idea of bringing coffee, but that kinda defeats the purpose of being on vacation.

Medicine Ball

I think the coffee served on Lido and MDR is good. I have had better but have also had a lot worse. I leave the specialty coffee shop alone. I do not like it and have ended up pouring it out once it cools just a little. BTW, I only go to Starbucks if nothing else is in the area, do not see how anyone can drink that stuff on a regular basis.

We drink coffee every morning. The coffee itself is fine,the cups are really small though. I bring a pack of disposable cups with lids & some french vanilla creamer. We are early risers. I run to the Lido to fill them up while DW is getting ready in the morning. We will also have a cup or two in the MDR with breakfast. It has been fine every time. Enjoy your cruise! :)

920818778_12-20ozCoffeeCups.jpg.360fcdfc8e50c79d4f78365b77d47ae1.jpg

1387287583_coffeemate.jpg.09200c0194c92170438537e958245969.jpg

I loved the coffee 4 years ago on the Fascination, so much that I burnt myself pouring it into my Starbucks cup to go, oopsie. That hurt for hours. Lesson learned, don't try to pour in those dark containers, you can't see the coffee going in it.