Silly question about the bathroom....

GMayberry

We leave on Fantasy tomorrow. Last night the question came up at home "Does the bathroom have a bathtub, or just a shower?"

That is something I hadn't thought of. Does anyone know if the inside staterooms have a tub? :confused:

Hey Anna, get one of the handicap-accessible rooms... they have a shower you can put 4 people into :) We've had that room once... lucked out... huge room, large bathroom... Booked as an interior (forward) - very front corners of the ship.

Steve

The showers are very small and have shower curtains. Bring 5 or 6 clothes pins with you (I use the cheap wooden kind) and clip them all along the bottom of the shower curtain. It will help keep it from attacking your legs while you shower.

Some of the Ocean View rooms on the Dream Class have 2 bathrooms and one has a small tub.

Edited by Mysticks1

Hey Anna, get one of the handicap-accessible rooms... they have a shower you can put 4 people into :)

Steve

The Fantasy has 4 handicapped cabins and I have stayed in all of them. I have never seen a shower like that. There was a larger mid section in the bathroom to turn a wheelchair around but the actual shower was still small.

What ship were you on??

I've never been on Fantasy style ships, but I think most people would suggest using the showers in the spa if the size of the shower is too small. However, if you need a tub for a little one or another reason. I think you might be out of luck, unless you book a suite or bring something with you to "make" a tub.

Hey Anna, get one of the handicap-accessible rooms... they have a shower you can put 4 people into :) We've had that room once... lucked out... huge room, large bathroom... Booked as an interior (forward) - very front corners of the ship.

Steve

With Carnival ships, while the shower and the bathroom may be larger, the total cabin size is the same which means the rest of the cabin is smaller. Other cruise lines, though, the accessible cabins are usually double in size.

The showers are very small and have shower curtains. Bring 5 or 6 clothes pins with you (I use the cheap wooden kind) and clip them all along the bottom of the shower curtain. It will help keep it from attacking your legs while you shower.

Some of the Ocean View rooms on the Dream Class have 2 bathrooms and one has a small tub.

The showers aren't very small. I'm over 6' and 210# and the wife and I fit in the shower easily.

To quote several of the cruise directors, "The showers on board a cruise ship were designed for maximum efficiency. Just turn on the water, soap up the walls, spin around twice and you are ready to go."

I have only had a tub once, that was a jetted tub in a suite on HAL. And we were so busy, I never got a chance to try it out :(

I do like the split bathrooms on the Epic though. Toilet on one side, shower on the other, vanity in the room. It was very nice.

ken

Are the showers on the Freedom the same size as the Fantasy class ships??

I'm 6'3" at 230lbs and fit in the fantasy class showers fine. I don't have any problems with the curtains either as long as it is smooth sailing. I just have a habit of trying to brace myself against the curtain at times.

We are sailing on the Freedom in May and it is my first time sailing on a ship other than the Fantasy Class so I was just wondering.

Are the showers on the Freedom the same size as the Fantasy class ships??

I'm 6'3" at 230lbs and fit in the fantasy class showers fine. I don't have any problems with the curtains either as long as it is smooth sailing. I just have a habit of trying to brace myself against the curtain at times.

We are sailing on the Freedom in May and it is my first time sailing on a ship other than the Fantasy Class so I was just wondering.

Pretty much the same.

I certainly hope that the showers are bigger than the ones on RCI. In their showers, I had to do the 'squat-to-shave' maneuver. No matter how I tried to shave, I was either banging my head on the wall, or knocking the curtain out of the shower and spraying water everywhere. :rolleyes:

The showers aren't very small. I'm over 6' and 210# and the wife and I fit in the shower easily.

In my opinion they are very small. I do make do with them but I will go to the Spa or Gym Locker area to shower as well as they are normally much bigger and nicer.

Attached are pictures of the best bathroom we have had. This is in a family suite on NCL Star. This shower was more than big enough. :)

Sorry the photos are small. I can't get to my photobucket account from work to insert the large versions of them.

459563216_StarBathroom1.jpg.7fdc99dac43c6fd78e00f5527fbe875d.jpg

461805702_StarBathroom2.jpg.fa08d66a3076920a8002b907920cf33e.jpg

1671391922_StarBathroom3.jpg.1f0437968c6e93bbb8f494e84bd617d4.jpg

Edited by Mysticks1