COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

My husband and I also were on the Royal sail away last October. It was magical, brought me to tears with the music and the beauty of Venice. Hope we will get the chance to do it again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi everyone,

Watching all of this from Tassie, in front of a log fire!

Thank you to everyone who kept us up to date on her voyage so far, and the great shots ect... she looks amazing. Hopefully the pax on her next voyage will still post updates on this thread.

We cannot wait for 30/8 to sail out of Venice .

Eileen & Benny

Regal Princess is scheduled to leave today at:

11pm local time Venice

9pm GMT

5pm EDT

2pm PDT

It's not quite as impressive as the arrival, but should be fun to watch. I'll definitely be asleep for my midnight shift! ;)

:D

Love at first sight with Regal and Venice. Stunning pictures, thank you very much for posting these. Caught a bit of her arrival so this completes the picture. Sad to have to miss her departure - it'll be 3:30 am in India - but I hope to see them here. Also a BIG thank you all for the passenger updates. I'm so hooked to this thread as I wait for 6 August. And I know others are too :)

Parul

....final one from me as I leave regal princess in Venice.

Happy sailings everyone :)

THANKS again for all of the pictures and commentary. Maybe a 'final impressions' and some more of your pictures once you return home!

:D

Ok. Absolutely last one. The ship I was comparing it to, P&O Ventura (the one with the miserable crew) has also just arrived in Venice. ImageUploadedByForums1400581276.832095.jpg.477db63a17cc877396e193c309fcf163.jpg

I've read reports that we will be able to walk the length of the ship on each side of the Promenade deck.

See h3rjp's mini-review (post 739 on this thread). He said that he could.

When Regal comes to Ft. Laud. on Nov. 3rd., is she just going to be docked until the 9th.? Hoping to see her as we leave on Royal on the 4th. :D

Better not be. I'm booked on a 3-dayer on Nov 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that Regal Princess has set sail on her Maiden Voyage it's time for me to bid everyone a fond 'Adieu', but not before one final contribution:

A picture of those aboard ship who contribute so very much of their life to make your cruise as special as it can be, and a memory that you'll always cherish...

The Crew of Regal Princess

14048604438_f736695075_b.jpg

(Credit MG Media)

We haven't quite docked yet (06:11) [ATTACH]313445[/ATTACH]Finally a princess ship that is a big as it's celebrity counterparts![ATTACH]313443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]313444[/ATTACH]

Regal and Royal are quite a bit bigger in both tonnage and passengers compared to Celebrity Solstice class ships, Too big for many.

Edited by Mulege

Regal and Royal are quite a bit bigger in both tonnage and passengers compared to Celebrity Solstice class ships, Too big for many.

I would say too big for few. Since the lines are filling those ships. People must like them.

I would say too big for few. Since the lines are filling those ships. People must like them.

Cruise lines will need to provide extra draws to go on the huge ships in order for them to be successful. I'm not so sure Princess has done this with the Royal class. As a result, there are great bargains to be had even on prime season itineraries. I still can't get over our bargain prices for our Fourth of July week cruise on the Royal Princess.

I think the really big ships are great, if they're done right and provide more than other ships without the crowding. I'm looking forward to the third in the Oasis class. I hope we love the Royal, but we're not cruising on it for the ship.

Now that Regal Princess has set sail on her Maiden Voyage it's time for me to bid everyone a fond 'Adieu', but not before one final contribution:

A picture of those aboard ship who contribute so very much of their life to make your cruise as special as it can be, and a memory that you'll always cherish...

The Crew of Regal Princess

14048604438_f736695075_b.jpg

(Credit MG Media)

WOW, what a GREAT picture!

I noticed the hot tubs on the upper deck, do they have those on the Royal?