No cell sevice when we were on Reflection

cruzemaven

Has Celebrity fixed their issues with At&T...we were unable to receive or make make calls on our cell while on the Reflection unless we were in port. Would like to sail again on Celebrity but need accessibility with our cell service. Have they resolved the contractual issues yet?

I forgot Sillie has the same issues. :-( I'll be on in July and November.

Reflection Nov 30-Dec 7 no AT&T.

And why can't they get a straight answer to their people on the issue. Everyone has a different answer on board, call your carrier, change to roaming, reset your phone. By know they should at least have a standard reply, and even just put it in the bulletin on boarding day to save us all the headache and time trying to fix it.

Well, if you go to the AT&T website it will list the ships at sea that it supports and all of Celebrity's ships are listed EXCEPT Silhouette and Reflection. So at least you will know that in advance. It is not a case of your phone not being set properly or anything.

Quite true, but you basically hear everyone who uses Celebrity say it works well. Then there's the 2 weird ships, the 2 newest ships odd enough, that started the whole Apple iLounge partnership, that an iPhone on iPhone's original home network AT&T can not work on is a little weird too...!

Those of us who follow these forums at least get a heads up, but even a lot of us miss the nuance until we experience it....and then get conflicting information from the onboard staff as to what the issue is and how to resolve it - all to no end.

And I guarantee if you call AT&T half the agents will just see Celebrity and say yes we're on Celebrity....without getting the nuance of ship to ship variance. Happened to me, they sold me the cruise ship package for my November Reflection sailing when I stopped in the AT&T store by my house :( I didn't think to tell him ship name, he never asked just said royal caribbean and celebrity are covered.

It's as if it's the first time the onboard staff have heard about the problem when you question them about it. It's bad enough it's happening without them pretending they don't know about it. Then they try and tell you how to fix it!! It is a really big issue for us to have no phone service as I am sure it is for a number of people.

I honestly had not heard of this problem before. Is it a phone problem or is it limited to those with AT&T service. We'll be on Reflection next month but our iPhones are through Verizon.

I know if I call X I'll get at least 5 different answers.

I honestly had not heard of this problem before. Is it a phone problem or is it limited to those with AT&T service. We'll be on Reflection next month but our iPhones are through Verizon.

I know if I call X I'll get at least 5 different answers.

It seems to be AT&T Specific, and perhaps even AT&T and then only with iPhones I've heard people say.

Most people have no issues on board, I am AT&T and iPhone, so can not confirm personally about other devices.

It seems to be AT&T Specific, and perhaps even AT&T and then only with iPhones I've heard people say.

Most people have no issues on board, I am AT&T and iPhone, so can not confirm personally about other devices.[/

Celebrity needs to let their passengers know in advance that their cell phones won't work on the Refection or the Silhouette, if the carrier is AT&T. We were never told this and we had assured my elderly parents if they had a problem, they could reach us on our cell. If Celebrity had told us in advance that that was an impossibility, we would have made other arrangements. It is irresponsible of Celebrity not to disclose this information. Thought this situation would be rectified by now... Will probably cancel our upcoming cruise on the Silhouette for this summer and switch to a cruise line that allows AT&T service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does Celebrity offer an explanation for not having AT&T cell service on the Reflection or the Silhouette?

I investigate this a little over a year ago after having problems on the Silhouette in December 2012.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752678&highlight=att

I talked to a couple people at Celebrity, someone at Onwaves and someone at ATT. At that time everyone talked like they were unfamiliar with the problem. Some people denied any problem existed, some said they would fix it soon, and some had suggestions of things to try. Most of the responses are discussed in the above thread.

I had investigated this at the time in preparation for a March 2013 Eclipse cruise as Eclipse operated under Onwaves at that time. We had no issues on the Eclipse a year ago and, interestingly enough, they switched from Onwaves to Cellular at Sea in the middle of our cruise.

It's been a year since then and quite frankly I was a bit surprised reading recently that these problems still existed on Silhouette and Reflection.

I got lucky, I sailed Eclipse in April 2013 and after being on Connie with perfect service prior as my first, had no idea it would matter ship to ship within the company....A month prior I'd have had issues on Eclipse.

No cell phone service- i would enjoy the freedom of not beeing able to use the thing!

Me too!!!! It goes in the safe until we return to back to reality! If someone NEEDS to get me they can call ship! LOVE being disconnected for a week.

Me too!!!! It goes in the safe until we return to back to reality! If someone NEEDS to get me they can call ship! LOVE being disconnected for a week.

How fortunate for you however with elderly parents and young children I need to be reached on a regular basis...hanging out in my cabin waiting for the ship's phone to ring is not practical . Not being easily reachable makes a vacation more stressful not less...for me and my husband.

Edited by cruzemaven

Oh My! How did we ever live a few years back when your phone was sitting on the kitchen counter tethered by a wire to the wall, or we had to find one of those ancient things, a pay phone!:eek:

Dad is 91, Mom 89, FIL 88, We too need to be able to be 'found', hence we leave the emergency number to the ship and un-tether ourselves for a few short days.

Oh My! How did we ever live a few years back when your phone was sitting on the kitchen counter tethered by a wire to the wall, or we had to find one of those ancient things, a pay phone!:eek:

Dad is 91, Mom 89, FIL 88, We too need to be able to be 'found', hence we leave the emergency number to the ship and un-tether ourselves for a few short days.

You're right how silly of me to want to take advantage of modern technology... I Ishould make it more difficult for my parents to reach me and leave my phone at home. I will take your advice and let them have the stress. they're only 92 and 95 ..good thinking

You're right how silly of me to want to take advantage of modern technology... I Ishould make it more difficult for my parents to reach me and leave my phone at home. I will take your advice and let them have the stress. they're only 92 and 95 ..good thinking

Wow! Your right, how silly of me to remain in the Stone Age. We still won't text while driving tho:D

ps: Please re-read my comment, our parents are older also, and worked hard so us baby boomers can go places and do things they only dreamed of.

Edited by wallie5446

Wow! Your right, how silly of me to remain in the Stone Age. We still won't text while driving tho:D

ps: Please re-read my comment, our parents are older also, and worked hard so us baby boomers can go places and do things they only dreamed of.

Meow! Saucer of milk and a table for two? :confused::rolleyes: