Snorkeling with Turtles

DH and I will be cruising on the Allure, June 29, 2014 and I am looking for feedback from those that went on the Snorkeling with Turtles excursion. Even if you went on this excursion in a different port, or from a different cruise line tell me your experience with the excursion itself.

In St. Thomas take the "Doubloon" excursion to Turtle Cove. It's really fun! Go for the extra cash and get a power snorkel. The crew of the boat is crazy! The rum-punch is good! And you get a temporary "pirate" tattoo! Went great with my temporary "Elvis" tattoo!

Elvis

In St. Thomas take the "Doubloon" excursion to Turtle Cove. It's really fun! Go for the extra cash and get a power snorkel. The crew of the boat is crazy! The rum-punch is good! And you get a temporary "pirate" tattoo! Went great with my temporary "Elvis" tattoo!

Elvis

Is a power snorkel one of those things like a big handheld fan that helps propel you through the water? Or something else?

Thanks to everyone who has answered me so far. I believe we are looking at a catamaran excursion snorkeling with turtles. I don't like private excursions, just in case we run late -- I want the ship to wait for us.

I am so looking forward to this excursion!

We did one in Cozumel. Getting to the snorkeling site and back was a beast, but would do it again in a heartbeat

Just booked it for our June cruise....I thought it was a catamaran but it is not....it is the Cozumel one and I will endure the beast of a ride back and forth, to enjoy the snorkeling with turtles.

Just booked it for our June cruise....I thought it was a catamaran but it is not....it is the Cozumel one and I will endure the beast of a ride back and forth, to enjoy the snorkeling with turtles.

I thought that since the description said there was only like 6-8 feet of water that meant it was close to land. Does that mean you're on a boat for a long period of time? Last time we went snorkeling I got really nauseous from the boat ride and then the water was so rough that as soon as I put my face down into the water, by the time I looked up I was several feet further from the ship then I intended. I was constantly having to swim closer. I can swim, but I am not a strong swimmer, so it was exhausting for me.

we did snorkeling with turtles in St. Thomas, an excursion through RCI. It was AMAZING!!! The turtles would swim up from the bottom right next to you, so close you could reach out and touch one (but they ask you not to).

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

In fact, I was the last one back on the boat, I just couldn't tear myself away from those beautiful, majestic creatures!

we did snorkeling with turtles in St. Thomas, an excursion through RCI. It was AMAZING!!! The turtles would swim up from the bottom right next to you, so close you could reach out and touch one (but they ask you not to).

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

In fact, I was the last one back on the boat, I just couldn't tear myself away from those beautiful, majestic creatures!

I am usually a "book my own" guy when it comes to excursions, but all the research points to the RCI turtle snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas to be by far the best value and has only glowing reviews on various websites ($63 per adult with rum drinks and snacks). Plus, the journey is on a giant pirate ship, you just can't beat that. Now the only choice is the morning or afternoon trip.