Azamara Journey’s propeller damaged in Japan

AzamaraJoel

Just finished briefing on board. Very impressed with how AZ is handling the situation.

Unfortunately the port side propellor was damaged during entry to tokyo harbour - probably from an undetected underwater steel cable. Repairs can only be done in dry dock. AZ working hard to find available dry dock. Repair will probably take 3 days

Meanwhile, Journey has been certified safe even though we are running on only the starboard propellor. Our arrival in Osaka will be delayed and all passengers will debarked on March 1st in Osaka and be flown to shanghai. AZ covering cost of flight and hotel in Shanghai.

Sorry I do not any information regarding the march 3 rd cruise. I can tell you that AZ is working very hard to minimize the impact on passengers

Just finished briefing on board. Very impressed with how AZ is handling the situation.

Our arrival in Osaka will be delayed and all passengers will debarked on March 1st in Osaka and be flown to shanghai. AZ covering cost of flight and hotel in Shanghai.

Sorry I do not any information regarding the march 3 rd cruise. I can tell you that AZ is working very hard to minimize the impact on passengers

Thanks for the update 2fromTO.

Do you know if the B2B passengers will also be flown to Shanghai? Or will they remain in Osaka? (That information would give those of us on the March 3 cruise an indication of what to expect.)

Do you know if the B2B passengers will also be flown to Shanghai? Or will they remain in Osaka? (That information would give those of us on the March 3 cruise an indication of what to expect.)

All passengers will leave ship by March 2. 22 back to back passengers will learn in 24 hours how their situation will be handled, but we will be leaving ship on the 2nd one way or the other. Still no decision on dry dock location.

All passengers will leave ship by March 2. 22 back to back passengers will learn in 24 hours how their situation will be handled, but we will be leaving ship on the 2nd one way or the other. Still no decision on dry dock location.

Thanks for posting, this is going to get interesting! We will still leave home today as planned there is going to be some close calls on cut off times to change travel plans

Thanks for the update marinaro44.

We're all packed and ready to leave very early on Friday morning for Shanghai. We hope to learn more before we leave.

Unfortunately the port side propellor was damaged during entry to tokyo harbour - probably from an undetected underwater steel cable. Repairs can only be done in dry dock. AZ working hard to find available dry dock. Repair will probably take 3 days

Meanwhile, Journey has been certified safe even though we are running on only the starboard propellor. Our arrival in Osaka will be delayed and all passengers will debarked on March 1st in Osaka and be flown to shanghai. AZ covering cost of flight and hotel in Shanghai.

Thanks for the update 2fromTo. Much appreciated. Hope everything works out as well as possible for you, and your fellow guests onboard. Please keep us posted, if at all possible.

All passengers, including b2b, will be flown to shanghai on March 2nd. AZ has arranged accommodation at the Hyatt on the Bundt.

Azamara Journey – March 3 Sailing

February 27, 2014

1:50am E.S.T

On February 25, Azamara Journey sustained damage to one of the ship’s two propellers, caused by debris. Unfortunately, due to the time needed to make the necessary repairs, it is necessary to cancel Azamara Journey’s next voyage, which was scheduled to depart Shanghai, China, on Monday, 3rd March.

We do not take any decision that impacts our guests’ vacations lightly, and are deeply sorry that this unexpected development has affected those guests’ upcoming vacation.

Azamara Club Cruises will be contacting guests on this sailing personally, or through their travel agent, to discuss the details regarding their cancelled sailing. We will also update this information by noon tomorrow, EST.

Again, it is regrettable that this incident occurred and spoiled our guests vacation, but we will do everything we can to assist them from this point forward.

Thank You, Azamara Club Cruises

Azamara Journey – March 3 Sailing

February 27, 2014

1:50am E.S.T

On February 25, Azamara Journey sustained damage to one of the ship’s two propellers, caused by debris. Unfortunately, due to the time needed to make the necessary repairs, it is necessary to cancel Azamara Journey’s next voyage, which was scheduled to depart Shanghai, China, on Monday, 3rd March.

We do not take any decision that impacts our guests’ vacations lightly, and are deeply sorry that this unexpected development has affected those guests’ upcoming vacation.

Azamara Club Cruises will be contacting guests on this sailing personally, or through their travel agent, to discuss the details regarding their cancelled sailing. We will also update this information by noon tomorrow, EST.

Again, it is regrettable that this incident occurred and spoiled our guests vacation, but we will do everything we can to assist them from this point forward.

I just saw this notice on Facebook....how terribly sad. :( :( I do hope that people who had flights planned are able to see this in time so they can make arrangements not to fly to their destination.

My heart goes out to all of those still on board for their B2B and those who were anticipating a wonderful cruise.

Kudos to you, Azamara Joel for posting timely updates.

Edited by midwestchick

Thank you for this very sad news. I am glad the decision has been taken promptly and the doubt removed

Hi Uktog,

Can I presume you have not travelled yet ? Very sorry for your disappointment, and I hope you (and everyone else affected) will sail with Azamara again, in the not too distant future.

Hi Uktog,

Can I presume you have not travelled yet ? Very sorry for your disappointment, and I hope you (and everyone else affected) will sail with Azamara again, in the not too distant future.

We are back home, as Azamara took the decision promptly, we have been saved the pain of a wasted journey. Just trying to regroup and waiting for the offices to open to call

We are back home, as Azamara took the decision promptly, we have been saved the pain of a wasted journey. Just trying to regroup and waiting for the offices to open to call

Glad to hear. Hope everything works out as best as possible.

I am not not to sure about that right now.....

Kathy

So sorry to hear such heart-breaking news and now so much administration to deal with. I know you will have travel insurance and would urge all others to consider this as almost as vital as the cruise booking.

It's not just about getting cruise payment refunded, but equally important are the connected plans.

Azamara Joel

I have been calm and relaxed all morning about this but now my blood is beginning to boil.

We accepted the cancellation - que sera and all that - and identified an alternative cruise but we need to book fast as we had done our own flights and have now entered into T-24.

We have been advised all morning that until Miami release the details of the compensation, no alternative bookings can be made.

When its precious time away from work, (we are self employed so the impact of change extends to clients) speed is of the essence.

Your UK office have been excellent in keeping us informed - sadly that message is that their hands are tied and they can do nothing.

Please let people rebook cruises NOW and we can sort the figures out later

Hello Uktog & Others

My name is Raul Parquet, I work at Azamara with Joel & Signe. I manage social media and international business for the brand. My team and I have been posting the updates here and within our social networks.

Thank you for your support of Azamara for many years, with Bill Lieber as Chief Blogger we have followed all of your conversations for many years and we would not be where we are today without all of your constant feedback and communication.

Regarding the Journey incident. We completely understand your situation and thank you for your continued patience. I will give you as much information as I have to this point.

The operational teams are taking care of the guests onboard the Journey. This is mostly onboard operational at this point, although our shoreside teams are involved as necessary.

Shoreside we are fully focused on the cancelled voyage - March 3 out of Shanghai. The details of the compensation is our number one priority and is being finalized as we speak. We are in constant communications with our various internal & global teams to communicate with travel agents and consumer directs. There is a certain complexity level to the situation, as some guests have already arrived in Shanghai.

We should be ready to broadcast compensation details and do call outs in the next hour from our global offices.

Thank You, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

Azamara Journey – March 3, 2014 Sailing Cancelled

February 27, 2014

2:26 p.m. E.S.T

Unfortunately, due to the time needed to make the necessary repairs to Azamara Journey, it is necessary to cancel the March 3, 2014, voyage.

Azamara Club Cruses will provide each guest with a full refund of the cruise fare paid. Azamara Club Cruises would also like to have another opportunity to show guests booked what the Azamara experience is all about. We will be providing guests with a future cruise certificate for 75% of the cruise fare paid for their March 3, 2014, Azamara Journey sailing.

If guests have any additional questions regarding Azamara Journey, they may call us toll free 1-855-292-4636 from the United States and Canada. Outside of North America please contact your local Azamara Club Cruises office.

Azamara Journey – March 3, 2014 Sailing Cancelled

February 27, 2014

2:26 p.m. E.S.T

Unfortunately, due to the time needed to make the necessary repairs to Azamara Journey, it is necessary to cancel the March 3, 2014, voyage.

Azamara Club Cruses will provide each guest with a full refund of the cruise fare paid. Azamara Club Cruises would also like to have another opportunity to show guests booked what the Azamara experience is all about. We will be providing guests with a future cruise certificate for 75% of the cruise fare paid for their March 3, 2014, Azamara Journey sailing.

If guests have any additional questions regarding Azamara Journey, they may call us toll free 1-855-292-46361-855-292-4636 from the United States and Canada. Outside of North America please contact your local Azamara Club Cruises office.

Thank you for your posting.

I have a question.

Does the "cruise fare" include the air booked through Choice Air? Do we need to cancel that ourselves or will Azamara take care of that?

Call

Send SMS

Add to Skype

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype