drinks package quick one

If I get one of the alcoholic drinks packages will I have to sign the receipt? Can't remember when in the past have had the soda package only

You may get different answers on this but, it was my personal experience with the alcoholic drink package on the Freedom last October was that, if we lingered at a bar and had the same bartender, we only signed once; however, when we left and went to a different bar or even came back to the same bar later (bartender change), we had to sign again. I'm thinking it may have had something to do with the bartender and/or server change.:rolleyes:

We just got back from the Explorer of the Seas.

For the most part, yes, we had to sign for our drinks.

One waitress told us that she gets about .30 cents for each receipt she turns in.

When we sat for a few drinks and tipped extra, then we didn't seem to have to sign for each.

Edited by butterflymama

As others have responded, there doesn't seem to be a standard.

On the Majesty in Feb 2013, I had to sign a receipt for every drink. On the Independence earlier this month, I didn't have to sign any receipts.

I had the Premium Package both times.

Dan.

On Allure the week before Christmas, you still had to sign the slips. I will say that there were a few times the bartenders would not hand me a slip but not often. I didn't find it was an issue. In fact, I kept all the slips to figure out if I made out on the package so I would know if it was worth it for the next cruise.

The answer was, "yes".

Not that I can't believe it's just inconsistency in ship policy but I hate to think it could be the individual servers hoping to get and additional tip on the slip. We tried it on Celebrity and we were pretty close to the break-even point so no slips really made it worth while. Until they stop the slip signing, I think I'll skip the package on Royal.

Not that I can't believe it's just inconsistency in ship policy but I hate to think it could be the individual servers hoping to get and additional tip on the slip. We tried it on Celebrity and we were pretty close to the break-even point so no slips really made it worth while. Until they stop the slip signing, I think I'll skip the package on Royal.

So having to sign your name a few times a day is a big enough inconvenience to not purchase a drink package? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Some people...

You realize that without a drink package you are going to have to sign slips any time you order a drink right?

So having to sign your name a few times a day is a big enough inconvenience to not purchase a drink package? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Some people...

You realize that without a drink package you are going to have to sign slips any time you order a drink right?

Read it again and this time actually think about what I wrote. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On the Oasis in January we never signed a slip and in the MDR we only had to give the drink waiter our card the first night. :)

Wow, I wish I could say the same. Had to give the card over every night on Oasis in Dec., and it always seemed to take a long time to process. Of course we did probably confuse the heck out of them by being a table of 6 with 3 Susans. :D

To the original question, I *think* I only had to sign when I got the glass with it. I don't remember signing anything that did not have a charge on the receipt.

Edited by fluffysue