What's covered by the cost of a cabin?

Lady_E

I've searched the Cunard website as well as here, and I'm still confused. I apologize if this has been asked before, but as the search feature is down, I'm afraid I might subject you to a FAQ.

I noticed while browsing the Cunard site that the dining menus, from Britianna to the Queens Grill, have prices attached to them.

My question is this: When you pay your amount for the cabin, does this NOT cover dining as well? Are meals an additional charge?

Also, if I want to buy a bottle of Veuve, how does one purchase it? Does Cunard have cards that the passengers carry around like on RCI?

Again, I apologize if my questions seem elementary, but so far I've been unable to find any answers.

Thank you in advance.

I've searched the Cunard website as well as here, and I'm still confused. I apologize if this has been asked before, but as the search feature is down, I'm afraid I might subject you to a FAQ.

I noticed while browsing the Cunard site that the dining menus, from Britianna to the Queens Grill, have prices attached to them.

My question is this: When you pay your amount for the cabin, does this NOT cover dining as well? Are meals an additional charge?

Also, if I want to buy a bottle of Veuve, how does one purchase it? Does Cunard have cards that the passengers carry around like on RCI?

Again, I apologize if my questions seem elementary, but so far I've been unable to find any answers.

Thank you in advance.

The items that pre paid are the same on all cruise lines. You'll use room key / charge card for all purchases on boarde.

Thank you so much! Cunard's website is a little difficult; for instance, in their FAQ for the Spa section, it tells you that the prices for various things are listed under Spa Services, but I only see how much the day passes are, not how much a massage is or something like that.

Thank you so much! Cunard's website is a little difficult; for instance, in their FAQ for the Spa section, it tells you that the prices for various things are listed under Spa Services, but I only see how much the day passes are, not how much a massage is or something like that.
You're welcome. Here are the Canyon Ranch price lists that I saved from 2010 and 2008. No doubt prices have increased since then. My wife swears that their massages are worth it, and they often have prices reductions on port days.

I'm not sure what you're seeing but the "regular" restaurant meals are included in your fare. There are a few specialty restaurants (Todd English on QM2/Verandah on QE & QV, the evening specialty dining in Kings Court/Lido) that have an extra charge, either prix fixe or a la carte.

Yes, your room key card is also an onboard charge card. You use this for everything except incidentals when ashore.

Once you have booked passage, you have the option of pre-purchasing tours and various other amenities which will be charged to your credit card at the time of purchase. On board credit does not apply to these purchases.

Think of it this way, what you pay upfront is the total you need to pay for the whole cruise, other than the gratuity charges. So you will be housed and fed and could in theory not have any extras on your account at the end of the trip, though I have never heard of anyone achieving this.

David.

You pay your fare and it pays for your accommodation and the food in the ships dining rooms, (also a limited menu for food brought to your cabin by room service). The entertainment (lectures and shows)is also included.

You pay for everything else at time you participate by having it put on your "on board account" viz any drink from the bar, anything in the shops, any classes, internet time , dry cleaning or laundry given to the steward. any tours ashore. photographs (the photographers are pests in my opinion)

Most passengers give the cruise line their credit card number, and your account is automatically charged to that car. I would suggest going to the pursers desk every 3/4 days and asking for a printout of this account , so that you can check it is correct, and not have a problem at the end of the cruise.

Hi Lady E.

Your cruise fare covers accommodation, basic food, drink, and entertainment.

Accommodation: You have a cabin all your own that is cleaned twice daily.

Food: You will be assigned to a restaurant. At other times you can go to the Lido or King's Court (buffets) and eat as much as you like. You can go to formal afternoon tea in the Queen's Room. All free. There is also room service included. You can phone for a hot drink and food (from their menu) at any time.

Drink: Hot and cold drinks are available in the restaurants and from room service. These are basic tea and coffee and iced water and soft drinks from a machine.

Entertainment: Cunard provides dance classes, lectures, quizzes, theatre shows, dancing in the evenings to a band, musical groups all around the ship, etc.

In addition, there are some things that you PAY FOR if you wish them. I have managed to do without most of them on my cruises (except gratuities).

Gratuities: These will be charged to your onboard account and there are many threads on this board that can advise you about this. My advice is to pay the gratuities that are charged, and to give extra if you get special service of some kind.

Food: There are specialty dining rooms if you want to go there. You pay for this.

Drink: Alcoholic drinks and specialty coffees (e.g. cappuccino), etc. cost extra. You can go to lunch in the pub or some of the cafes and the food is free but it's polite to pay for a drink while you are there. The food is really there for those buying a drink.

Entertainment: The spa costs extra. (Is that entertainment or a necessity?) If you want to go on a tour on port days, you pay via your cruise card (also used as your door key). There are certain things like ship's tours and wine tastings that cost.

. You can go to lunch in the pub or some of the cafes and the food is free but it's polite to pay for a drink while you are there. The food is really there for those buying a drink.

I wouldn't quite agree with that. Although I would always buy a drink there it would not be to be polite. Likewise in a pub landside it is perfectly acceptable to have a meal without a drink, though again few would.

David.

Thank you in advance.

Basically, your cruise fee(what you paid for your cruise)will cover the following...Food in the dining room that come with your trip(Britannia,Britannia Club,Princess Grill or Queens Grill)This will be in the info.packet that you get.Water & juices are free. Soft drinks(inc.sparkling water)Alcohol are all extra charge. Only difference here is a stocked cooler if you are in Queens Grill. Britannia Club/Princess Grill/Queens Grill is reserved for those pax who opted for more than Britannia standard level. The food in Kingscourt(QM2)or Lido(QE/QV)is included in your fare. If you do a "tasting" at night, there should be a $10 charge. There is also a charge for Todd English(QM2)as well as the Veranda(QE/QV)Room service is also included in your room fee. Choices here are pretty limited unless you booked a Grill class cabin. Any & all excursions in ports are extra charge. I hope this helps a bit.

I have recently disembarked from QM2 and was my first time cruising. Britannia Restaurant meals are included and you are served in top class surroundings with fantastic staff and wedge wood china. Beware though as it is easy to over indulge. You can do room service for breakfast and other 24hour meals. A small personal tip may be expected when delivered. I opted for breakfast at Kings Court for simple cereal, fresh fruit and juice. Lunch also at Kings a Court most of the time with a great variety to choose from. These meals can also be taken back to your room. Be aware that all speciality teas/coffees are charged to your on board account as is alcohol. Juices served at the Lions Pub, Winter Garden, Sir Samuels, Commodore Club (generally anywhere except Kings Court) you had to pay. I found out very quickly to get juice from Kings a Court and take in the glass to anywhere I was heading to on the liner. On the evening 2 sections of Kings Court are speciality dining at a Cost of $10 a head. I would highly recommend booking the Todd English, a wonderful 3 course dinner for Two cost $59US and fantastic. I did have a meal in the Pub and had a cocktail but it was not expected. This area is used for Trivia at 10.30 and 11.15am but get a seat early as it is very popular. Passengers then tend to stay and have lunch. Morning and afternoon teas are provided in Kings Court with a huge variety of cakes. I would strongly suggest doing afternoon tea in Queens a Room at least once but you may not feel hungry for dinner if at the early sitting. So be prepared to walk the stairs often or head to the gym as all this glorious food is hard to avoid. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be aware that all speciality teas/coffees are charged to your on board account as is alcohol.
I'm not sure what a specialty tea is but there is a self-service coffee/tea station on Deck 2 forward near Connexions that has around eight different varieties of tea bags at all times.
Juices served at the Lions Pub, Winter Garden, Sir Samuels, Commodore Club (generally anywhere except Kings Court) you had to pay.
Juices are free in Britannia at breakfast as well. These are canned/bottled juices but I'm not sure whether the juices you buy in the bars are fresh or bottled. I know of a fresh orange juice machine in the Winter Garden on QV but haven't seen one on QM2.