Flowrider on Allure Broken???

The port side Flowrider hasn't been working since drydock. Is there anyone onboard that can provide an update?

Not just the Flowrider, but the Aqua Theater pool hasn't been operational either. The first 3 nights are usually when the Oceanaria shows are. :confused:

That really stinks! I hope they get them fixed! I am looking forward to the AquaTheater shows/events and my kids really want to do the flowrider! The webcam shows people on the stage at the Aquatheater and no activity on the flowrider (but it could just be closed ...) ... :(

Here's a link to the webcam on the RCCL website.

That really stinks! I hope they get them fixed! I am looking forward to the AquaTheater shows/events and my kids really want to do the flowrider! The webcam shows people on the stage at the Aquatheater and no activity on the flowrider (but it could just be closed ...) ... :(

Here's a link to the webcam on the RCCL website.

Yeah, I have seen nothing more than performers practicing on the trampoline here and there in the Aqua Theater. I noticed they were working on the Aqua Theater pool last night when it was still in port in Fort Lauderdale. No water in the pool at all. I haven't seen any action on the flowrider since (like you said) it went into drydock. Not sure if the other Flowrider is working. I'm on the Allure on the 23rd, I hope they have it sorted out by then.

We did get some info from another group. The word is that they are replacing the floor around the flowrider and it should be done next week. Hopefully they won't do the other side next week. Seems like they could have done the floor during drydock:confused:

Yes, the other flowrider is working.

We did get some info from another group. The word is that they are replacing the floor around the flowrider and it should be done next week. Hopefully they won't do the other side next week. Seems like they could have done the floor during drydock:confused:

You would think!! I saw them repainting the flowrider surface while it was in drydock. You would think that they would have completed it then. Now just to find out whats going on with the pool in the Aqua Theater.

Not just the Flowrider, but the Aqua Theater pool hasn't been operational either. The first 3 nights are usually when the Oceanaria shows are. :confused:

Sounds like Allure is quickly becoming the runt of the litter.. Wonder if the lemon law covers all this!

First propulsion problems, now the flow rider, the aqua pool... What's next?!

Sounds like Allure is quickly becoming the runt of the litter.. Wonder if the lemon law covers all this!

First propulsion problems, now the flow rider, the aqua pool... What's next?!

Thank god there are no ice burgs in the Caribbean. :rolleyes:

Yeah I noticed it wasn't working and was wondering what was up. It seems like extremely poor planning to replace the floor around it when sailing. One would think that they would have done it last week or do it a little bit at a time when it is supposed to be closed.

I wonder why they were replacing it anyways. That floor is very durable and tough already and no other ships seem to be having a problem there.

As for the aqua theatre it was receiving a lot of attention and work during the dry dock so who knows there.

I have no idea why the didn't do work on the flow rider when she was in dry dock but from the look at it the main floor area of the Flowrider is in better condition than the one I saw on the Oasis this past November. Chances are that they started the repair work while she was in dry dock and weren't able to complete it.

Now moving onto the Aqua Theater there is a very good chance that the weather isn't cooperating with them these first couple of days out of Florida. As we know there was a major storm the passed through the east coast yesterday and today. I remember on my trip in November the first three days of Aqua shows onboard the Oasis were cancelled because of the weather.

We not being on the ship don't know exactly what is going on. One person did come back and say the were doing work on the decking around the Flowrider. However, this person didn't mention anything about the Aqua Theater Pool. I was on the Oasis when the took the Oasis Dunes out of service for 3 days so they could recarpet it.

Only one flow rider = really long lines I'm sure and limited hours for stand up and advanced. Sure hope they are back to normal next week.

I have no idea why the didn't do work on the flow rider when she was in dry dock but from the look at it the main floor area of the Flowrider is in better condition than the one I saw on the Oasis this past November. Chances are that they started the repair work while she was in dry dock and weren't able to complete it.

Now moving onto the Aqua Theater there is a very good chance that the weather isn't cooperating with them these first couple of days out of Florida. As we know there was a major storm the passed through the east coast yesterday and today. I remember on my trip in November the first three days of Aqua shows onboard the Oasis were cancelled because of the weather.

We not being on the ship don't know exactly what is going on. One person did come back and say the were doing work on the decking around the Flowrider. However, this person didn't mention anything about the Aqua Theater Pool. I was on the Oasis when the took the Oasis Dunes out of service for 3 days so they could recarpet it.

Makes me wonder why they didn't just take one or two holes of the course out of service for a couple days staggered over the week. Most people would be less frustrated by a 7 hole course than by a closed course. At least, I would...

On another note, the problems with Allure have been pretty public and well documented, including the propulsion problems which impacted the sailing schedule, resulting in a lot of publicity (at least on CC). As a mechanical engineer focusing on maintenance and reliability, (not in the marine environment, however) I wonder how often other "stuff" breaks on board that we don't see a lot of publicity on.

With 3000+ toilets on board (I'm just guessing at one per cabin plus crew areas plus public areas) I wonder how often one needs maintenance, ranging from a clog to a replacement of a vacuum valve or flush switch. Add in all the other parts of the ship, many of which we don't see (dining room coffee makers, of which I'm sure there are plenty) or only see peripherally (such as the rigging in the theater), and I'd be willing to guess that hardly a minute goes by without SOMETHING needing repair on board on each ship, from something as minor as a leaky sink to as major as Allure's azipods.

So does that mean both are working now or is that just video of the side that was working?

The webcam only shows the stand up flow rider on Allure. It wasn't showing any activity the last few days and based on other reports the other side (one not shown) was operational. I would suspect now both are working although really no way to know unless you're onboard.

The webcam only shows the stand up flow rider on Allure. It wasn't showing any activity the last few days and based on other reports the other side (one not shown) was operational. I would suspect now both are working although really no way to know unless you're onboard.

Just what I was hoping to hear. Didn't know if they had webcams on both. Tnx for that info.

It looks like the platforms are down and the Aqua Theater is getting ready to be put into action. I saw earlier today they were putting the padding onto the trampoline. Many different reasons that the shows haven't been put on, but I would put my money on that the weather wasn't productive to perform the show.

1194607812_ScreenShot2014-03-04at8_49_45PM.jpg.04d37616ccd248d97ce2ca694234e634.jpg