Bar Receipts Question...

When I last cruised in September 2013 on the Carnival Pride, if I ordered a drink at the bars I was given a receipt to sign and return to the bartender, but no customer receipt was automatically given to me. I had to request a duplicate each time. I'm sure other passengers were okay with this policy, but I like to double-check all my receipts against my Sail and Sign account. It wasn't difficult to obtain my copy, but I am hoping this was just a temporary policy. I will be going on the Carnival Glory soon and would like to know if this is still in place or not. Can anyone enlighten me? I know this isn't an earth-shattering problem - it is just a question for my fellow Carnival passengers.

When I last cruised in September 2013 on the Carnival Pride, if I ordered a drink at the bars I was given a receipt to sign and return to the bartender, but no customer receipt was automatically given to me. I had to request a duplicate each time. I'm sure other passengers were okay with this policy, but I like to double-check all my receipts against my Sail and Sign account. It wasn't difficult to obtain my copy, but I am hoping this was just a temporary policy. I will be going on the Carnival Glory soon and would like to know if this is still in place or not. Can anyone enlighten me? I know this isn't an earth-shattering problem - it is just a question for my fellow Carnival passengers.

On Liberty this past January, I did not get a copy of the receipt.

Thanks for the quick reply! You gave me the answer I was hoping for. I have been on 17 Carnival cruises and that was the first time I wasn't given my copy of the receipt automatically. I felt badly asking the bartenders for the duplicate each time. I'm sure they didn't mind, but it seemed a poor choice for conserving paper or whatever the reasoning was.

Are you still able to check your S&S balance on your TV? I usually just check it once a day to make sure everything looks ok. I don't bother with the receipts. I have to say, I have never had an error on my S&S.

Yes - both TV and the self-serve kiosks.

I believe they have changed the default from printing two receipts to just one. I received a duplicate copy every time on the Conquest in 2012 but none last year.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. It looks like I will be asking for my copy of my bar receipts after all. I understand that some of you don't mind not having a copy, but to me it is easier to track my transactions on my Sail and Sign account and make sure everything is okay. I always like to verify my transactions on my Visa credit card each month - to me it is the same thing. I have had a couple charges on my Sail and Sign account that were not mine over the years - not huge amounts, but inaccuracies just the same. I charge enough onboard myself, let alone if someone else's charges are on the account too.

I'm with you. I want the receipts. I kept all our drink receipts to see if we benefited from the cheers program - and we did by $235.00. We vary our drinks and they were different prices. I would not have known what we would have spent on drinks without the receipts - the sail & sign statement just listed 0.00 or our tips, not the cost of the drink.

No receipts on the Glory the other week either. In Nov. we only got one on the Conquest if we asked and even then we sometimes never received it. They are nice to have so you can check it against your statement.