Worried about MSC Divina's Marketing Position

jchipgcs

Where does it say that if you're not upper class you're bad people?? What I think everyone is saying is that behavior counts. Everyone tries to justify who they are by listing things they do, souls they save, charities they donate to. Why? I don't get it.

My favorite quote is "Your opinion of me is none of my business".

Conversely, those of us who choose to take one cruise a year and splurge for a suite, when we can take 3 in an inside or outside cabin for the same cost are told we are snobs. Hilarious. I'd rather take the one. It was worth every penny and splurging for the cabana on the private beach topped it off!

Enjoy your cruises. Enjoy your beautiful family. You will have a great time!

Amen Resstation. We only cruise once every 3-4 years and when we do, we like to do it up. The poster said they like to get the "best priced vacation" which is great for someone who likes to, as she does, cruise several times a year. Personally, I don't look for the "best price".....I look for the "best value". There's a big difference.

Amen Resstation. We only cruise once every 3-4 years and when we do, we like to do it up. The poster said they like to get the "best priced vacation" which is great for someone who likes to, as she does, cruise several times a year. Personally, I don't look for the "best price".....I look for the "best value". There's a big difference.

I bet we work long hours, give to charities and would save someone from a burning building too! :)

Value and price are important, but two separate people may see it differently. I know a lady who loves to shop very inexpensive clothing/shoes from Walmart/Target because she says she can get something new frequently for the same price she would pay for something she would have longer. I prefer to buy something for as much as I can afford for that item and not replace it as frequently. Better quality is more expensive. That being said, I hate shopping. Hate it hate it hate it. So it works for me.

I have sailed on the high end ships and met rich snobs and less affluent nice people. I have sailed on low end mass market ships and met snobs booked in the suites, and nice folks in the cheapest inside cabins. I have also met really wealthy nice down to earth people that don't have to show their wealth. Money nor barely scraping by does not determine someone's friendliness, manners nor kindness to others.

Enjoying the cruise and a chance to meet others is what its all about. I am a very open person and have been fortunate to have other people open up to me.......you would be surprised how different and in many ways similar our lives are.

A smile trumps attitude any day.

Wow, now maybe I think I shouldn't have booked the Divina for a cruise in October. Our family has sailed Carnival, Princess, Disney and NCL. Truly we have never had a bad cruise experience, but I guess our expectations are on the low side.

We have tattoos, some have piercings, we don't mind wearing jeans and I shop at Walmart. It is a disappointment to read the comments of a few on these boards. I work hard at my full time job, my husband busts his tail off working long hours, we rescue cats, I work a part time job when I can. We are Disney Vacation club members and we also look for the best priced vacation we can get and we try to cruise a few times a year. We work hard for our money and don't have a lot of extra cash for vacations. But with good prices I have managed to be able to book us 3 cruises in the same year. Just because we aren't upper class doesn't make us bad people.

When in October-we are oct 18th :) we are also huge cat lovers and rescuers. Also, the fiancé has a few tattoos, so sounds like you'll fit right on in with us ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When in October-we are oct 18th :) we are also huge cat lovers and rescuers. Also, the fiancé has a few tattoos, so sounds like you'll fit right on in with us ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We chose the 25th sailing. Though with the large number of cats we have my husband will be staying home to pet sit. Then him and I sail by ourselves on the Dawn and will have family members pet sit.

MotownVoice. To be quite honest yes. I am not interested in cruising with 4000 Honey Boo Boo family members. So there's no "underlying message". There it is. If MSC wants to price low end and therefore attract low end. I'll complete my cruise and move on. But I'll make that choice after seeing the product myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

All big ships, including MSC, atract cruisers from different market segments. I understand, that your concern are cruisers, not so much the cruiseline. If you are booked in a Caribbean itinerary, you will have a different public than in Europe. Families tend to like MSC, because MSC is family friendly.

Maybe you should not so much be concerned whith which market segment MSC is trying to atract with their, as you called them" "low end prices", but to figure out in which market segment do you want to cruise. Many of us are perfectly happy to have lower prices. This does not make us "low end cruisers".

However if you have any doubts, that this is the case and that fellow passengers might not meet your expectations, you have two options: either you hide in your cabin or you book another cruiseline. Have you considered Crystal, Cunard, Oceania, or Silversea?

Edited by travelberlin

All big ships, including MSC, atract cruisers from different market segments. I understand, that your concern are cruisers, not so much the cruiseline. If you are booked in a Caribbean itinerary, you will have a different public than in Europe. Families tend to like MSC, because MSC is family friendly.

Maybe you should not so much be concerned whith which market segment MSC is trying to atract with their, as you called them" "low end prices", but to figure out in which market segment do you want to cruise. Many of us are perfectly happy to have lower prices. This does not make us "low end cruisers".

However if you have any doubts, that this is the case and that fellow passengers might not meet your expectations, you have two options: either you hide in your cabin or you book another cruiseline. Have you considered Crystal, Cunard, Oceania, or Silversea?

I'm taking advantage of the pricing myself. To book a comparable product to the YC, I'd be looking at 3K more on another line for the same dates, so call me a bargain hunter too.

As for the "low end prices" I mention, it's just a simple reality. Everybody knows you don't go to the zoo or county fair on the $5 admission bargain day. Messy.

And for the record, yes....I have considered all those lines and am looking at a Paul Gauguin trip.

I'm taking advantage of the pricing myself. To book a comparable product to the YC, I'd be looking at 3K more on another line for the same dates, so call me a bargain hunter too.

As for the "low end prices" I mention, it's just a simple reality. Everybody knows you don't go to the zoo or county fair on the $5 admission bargain day. Messy.

And for the record, yes....I have considered all those lines and am looking at a Paul Gauguin trip.

We have seen the Paul Gauguin ship while we were cruising in the South Pacific islands with the Crystal Simphony a couple of months ago. It makes a good impression.

Enjoy your cruise.

We have seen the Paul Gauguin ship while we were cruising in the South Pacific islands with the Crystal Simphony a couple of months ago. It makes a good impression.

Enjoy your cruise.

I toured the Crystal Symphony about two months ago and she was lovely herself. Especially that central outdoor courtyard with the living plant wall. It was a bit chilly the day I saw it so staff was out wrapping guests up in wool blankets on deck. Nice touch.

I toured the Crystal Symphony about two months ago and she was lovely herself. Especially that central outdoor courtyard with the living plant wall. It was a bit chilly the day I saw it so staff was out wrapping guests up in wool blankets on deck. Nice touch.

Where was this? We were from January 8th to February 2nd on the Symphony and fortunately it was very warm. Beautiful weather inthe South Pacific.

We cruise at least 4 times a year. We choose our ship because of the itinerary and we are happy if the cruiseline of our interest offers good value for money. Sometimes MSC does, so we cruise with MSC when that is the case.

Where was this? We were from January 8th to February 2nd on the Symphony and fortunately it was very warm. Beautiful weather inthe South Pacific.

We cruise at least 4 times a year. We choose our ship because of the itinerary and we are happy if the cruiseline of our interest offers good value for money. Sometimes MSC does, so we cruise with MSC when that is the case.

Rewind.....I guess it was more than a couple of months ago. I toured her while she was on a stop during a 14 nighter from NYC to Miami. She had a stop in Jacksonville, FL November 8th. That's where I took the tour.

Edited by jchipgcs